The definition of a drifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The definition of a drifter

Dictionary.com defines a “drifter” as one that drifts, especially a person who moves aimlessly from place to place or from job to job, or a wanderer who has no established residence or visible means of support. They seem to be right on target with their definition. Were you expecting a definition as to “someone who drifts”? You know what I think a drifter is? A drifter is a loser who owns a car, buys tires once a month, and works at a Home Depot for the most of his life. I think I got the definition better than dictionary did. Are you sure you teenagers want to do this to your life? America is f*cked up as it is with today’s politics. We don’t need a bunch of queers sliding their @ss on the pavement and following some culture. Why not be a doctor or lawyer? We need plenty of those. Feel like flaming? I dare you. Go ahead, blow off some steam. Especially those moderators. I’m not going to respond back. I frankly don’t care. I’m not going to bash you with childish name calling. I’m just going to point out the negatives of this “motorsport” or “the way of life for some you”. What the hell can you get, if you drift? Nothing…Who does it help? Nobody…Is it fun? Of course it is, but does it cost a limb to do it frequently? You bet your broke @ss…Ok it’s late and I’m tired at the moment. I’ll just say this, if you’re already a drifter, you made a bad decision, and if you’re one of those teenagers, don’t make a bad decision. DON’T DRIFT, IT’S A LIFE THAT WILL LEAD YOU NOWHERE. THERES STILL A RAY OF HOPE FOR YOU. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL…

P.S.
    Do not scrutinize anything I wrote(I know you will anyway), just get something from it.

Once again not paying attention to warnings.

I think you're just a little hurt because you're a snitch and everyone called you a pusssy for it. So you threaten me and then try to run away, thats fine. We really don't need negative losers in our boards or drifting. You've made a fine choice...get a real life.

Real lesson - Be a drifter have fun with life, find a way to drive, get free tires (totally easy to get) and have fun!! Don't be egotistical and negative like some. Be friendly and good karma will always come back. Sure a little less money in the pocket, but why does it really matter, its not hurting you and if it is do something about it!!

I hope someone gets something this loser, don't be like him. Love you guys!!

Comment

Love you too, infact i love all who drift with an open mind. Be not cynical and be not hateful.. these are hard things to do, but come so naturally behind the wheel, this is why i drift.

Comment

Doriboi, stop being a whiney beyotch. People drift because its fun, period. Who cares what you do for a living. As long as you're happy, thats all that matters. And no drifting is not expensive if you work on your own car and run used tires. I hit it up at least every other weekend and I haven't bought tires in over 8 months. Quit crying on the internet and go work on your bar exam.

Comment

yo guys i would just like to say that yall dunno this syco's situation so for all you know this guy's friend could have gotten killed from a street racing accident. so if you dont like this fool's thread than just dont read it. not that i am sticking up for this guy but its just that maybe this guy is trying to get you guys of the street but has anger built up from somethin that happen to him. even if it isnt like that pretend it is, because you are talking to a seriously f*cked up psyco. personally i think it is pretty f*cked up that he snitches on people on that hill. theres a serious sentence for street racing, i mean you can land your A$$ in jail for long long time if you get caught if you runnin into an A$$H0LE so you should seriously stop doin that doriboi, Seriously.

and as far as talking $hit about motorsports, thats just below the belt. you should get beaten the $hit out of for sayin Cr@p like that.

Comment

Thanks for bringing up a interesting point, but I don't agree with the "beating the crap out of me" part. And you hypocritize yourself by reading this thread. Worst yet, you responded to it. This thread was in the moderator section right? That means it shouldn't be posted again. I hope you know that Mr. 20 posts, not that posts are significant in this forum...I'm surprise that this thread is still open. Even I don't agree to what I wrote. I'm a paradoxical guy you know. Not so much a hypocrite. And let the record show, that I was only joking about the snitching thing...So chill no one got ticketed or went to jail, which they should...But that is a different matter and I don't wanna fight nor respond to this forum again...Just leave me alone and I'll leave you alone ok? Ok I'm done here, now for me to never post again...

Comment

ok as long as u didnt snitch ur aite in my book. cuz snitchin on street racers is just f*cking sick and wrong

Comment

Originally posted by doriboi86
                Thanks for bringing up a interesting point, but I don't agree with the "beating the crap out of me" part. And you hypocritize yourself by reading this thread. Worst yet, you responded to it. This thread was in the moderator section right? That means it shouldn't be posted again. I hope you know that Mr. 20 posts, not that posts are significant in this forum...I'm surprise that this thread is still open. Even I don't agree to what I wrote. I'm a paradoxical guy you know. Not so much a hypocrite. And let the record show, that I was only joking about the snitching thing...So chill no one got ticketed or went to jail, which they should...But that is a different matter and I don't wanna fight nor respond to this forum again...Just leave me alone and I'll leave you alone ok? Ok I'm done here, now for me to never post again...
                I didn't close this thread because I wanted others to read it and express their feelings just as you have.

But really you don't have to let us know if you'll ever gonna post, either way I wouldn't care. Everyone has the right to post on here weather or not I like them. You may just have to watch people ready to attack your opinion, but you did bring it on to yourself.

Comment

Well, the title caught my attention and then the first post kind of got me flared up. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion tho. If you've had a bad experience with street racers, then I can understand your point. That's the whole reason that me and my team keep it in the empty parking lots under police supervision and on the sanctioned tracks.

However, to come out and to blantantly bash drifters because it's "not a motorsport" or because you think it's stupid is rather harsh. Sanctioned drifting in things such as Formula D or the D1 Grand Prix are classified as a motorsport just like NHRA, IHRA, WRC, or even the uber-boring NASCAR.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't come out and start bashing drifting because of a bad experience. It's just like drag racing...only sideways...and around turns. Bash the stupid kids who go and do it on busy public roads and endanger other people.

Hate the player, not the game.

Comment

Re: The definition of a drifter

I `M 14 GETTING MONEY TO BUY A CAR.
                    THAT`S ALSO HELPING ME BE AN AUTO
                    TECH AND THAT`S HELPING BE AN
                    AIR PLANE TECH. SO SHUT YOUR DUMB
                    AZZ UP!

Comment

Dictionary.com defines a “drifter” as one that drifts, especially a person who moves aimlessly from place to place or from job to job, or a wanderer who has no established residence or visible means of support. They seem to be right on target with their definition. Were you expecting a definition as to “someone who drifts”? You know what I think a drifter is? A drifter is a loser who owns a car, buys tires once a month, and works at a Home Depot for the most of his life. I think I got the definition better than dictionary did. Are you sure you teenagers want to do this to your life? America is f*cked up as it is with today’s politics. We don’t need a bunch of queers sliding their @ss on the pavement and following some culture. Why not be a doctor or lawyer? We need plenty of those. Feel like flaming? I dare you. Go ahead, blow off some steam. Especially those moderators. I’m not going to respond back. I frankly don’t care. I’m not going to bash you with childish name calling. I’m just going to point out the negatives of this “motorsport” or “the way of life for some you”. What the hell can you get, if you drift? Nothing…Who does it help? Nobody…Is it fun? Of course it is, but does it cost a limb to do it frequently? You bet your broke @ss…Ok it’s late and I’m tired at the moment. I’ll just say this, if you’re already a drifter, you made a bad decision, and if you’re one of those teenagers, don’t make a bad decision. DON’T DRIFT, IT’S A LIFE THAT WILL LEAD YOU NOWHERE. THERES STILL A RAY OF HOPE FOR YOU. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL…
                      I'm surprised his post didn't end with "...and you'll be living in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!" lol I'm not a drifter officially and according to this definition I am far from being one at the moment since I can't really drift an 87 pick up which is my current ride, but that'll change. There are some immature teens who get into clubs with their friends and are all about drifting and such who don't drift responsibly and it's unfortunate, but you can't just judge drifting by their example. The other disturbing thing about this is he talks about politics and making it seem like drift enthusiasts are not valuable members of society. That's a shame because I'm sure there are plenty of doctors and lawyers who are or at one time were interested in the sport. Maybe some who didn't even know it just hanging out with their friends and their cars. I mean at least they're spending their hard earned money on tires and mods and such instead of drugs and alcohol, right? Not that I have a problem with either personally, but I'm saying that this person obviously likes to judge first and research never. I'm sure if they looked around and talked to drifters then he would see that they're not all that bad and just like to have fun. The idea that drifting is not a motorsport compared to NASCAR or Formula 1 is one that I've seen a few times and it gets old. Besides sprint car racers use drift techniques as apart of their racing. Take a look at a sprint race sometime. I'm sure you'll see them drifting around the track at least once if not continuously. Besides NASCAR as most who are auto racing inclined know was formed originally by ex-moonshine and rum runners back during the hay day of prohibition. Wouldn't this poster agree that that was a "bad decision"? After all they were committing an illegal act and not contributing to society.
                      I'm sorry to have gone off on a pseudo-intellectual rant, but I just have to take the suggestion and "blow off steam".

Comment

What is this guy going on about? I couldn't even read that.
                        Too much drama.

Comment

Armchair. you ever go to DGtrials stuff? Becuase the slide or die banner is DGtrials so I was j/w. Thanks.

Comment

I found the banner from one of the shirts they had on festivegarage.com which has DGTrials stuff for sale. I haven't yet gone to any drift events or gatherings mostly because I am from Indiana and so far I haven't heard about anything like that going down around here. Wish I were in Cali...or Japan lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmChairDrifter
                              I found the banner from one of the shirts they had on festivegarage.com which has DGTrials stuff for sale. I haven't yet gone to any drift events or gatherings mostly because I am from Indiana and so far I haven't heard about anything like that going down around here. Wish I were in Cali...or Japan lol
                              If you don't mind driving 2 hours, You might want to look into this -
                              http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/...10981933144049

It's a US drift event in the Dayton, Oh area. I think there's more stuff that goes on in In, but I don't know much about it right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X