New To Drifting!!! Help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To Drifting!!! Help!!!!!

I know you probably get this question a lot but I just got my license recently and Im am interested in learning to drift. My current vehicle is a 1965 Ford Fairlane and I was looking to purchase another vehicle for drifting. I would also like to do autocross and was hoping I could use the drift setup on the auto cross track as well. What would be a cheap car I could use for this and The least bit of mods I would need for the lowest price. I am just a 16 year old highschool student so i dont have a lot of money. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

You should get a 240SX it is a good car that is cheap it cost anywhere from 1-5g's but i dont know if it is good for autocross.

Comment

hrm...

Get yourself a 5.0 Mustang. Rear wheel drive, much, much quicker than the running under water 240sx's or 86's, cheap, huge aftermarket, easy to find...

another equally good option is an F body, probalby 3rd gen. CrazyHawiian and Revlimit both drift these like madmen. I own one as well but I'm no hotshoe drifter hahahahaha.

There's really no mods you need to make to drift either of these cars. Limited slip is nice, if yours doesn't come with it.

Comment

yea, it depends on your taste. I would actually take a Mustang 5.0. I prefer the Nissan S13, S14s over them though...

Do you want an import or a domestic?

Comment

well i like all cars i have a ford fairlane now and would drift it but its too big of a car to do that so any car will work ill look into the 5.0 mustangs and 240 and see what better fits my price and expectations

Comment

I'd say the 5.0 mustang (or other foxbody with the 5.0) is the way to go. That big pushrod V8 makes uber torque to the tune of 300 stock, and with a new cam and exaust the power and torque numbers increase significantly. Big, torquey motor sounds about perfect for drifting to me. Also, these older mustangs are very cheap, as are aftermarket parts. Want an intake? boom, 68 dollars. That exaust just not doin it? 300. Parts are very cheap because years of research, developement and product circulation have put so many 5.0 parts on the market, people have to sell them for dirt cheap. Don't get me wrong, i love uberturbosupersupedup 240's, but nothin beats the bang per buck of an old 5.0 pushrod mustang.

Comment

just get a posi for the fairlane , save up some money drop a 428cj in it and find someone who makes suspension for your car. swaybars and springs/shocks will do wonders. dont forget tires!

drift the fairlane, you already got it and that woudl be mad tyte.

Comment

5.0's are nice but there soo expensive here because EVERYONE wants one. But Ive wanted an fbody for awhile maybe something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...493916434&rd=1 but in a convertible. I would drift the fairlane, but it still needs more work before it is a decent car on the street plus its my daily driver so I figured Id buy another car to race/drift with in case it breaks down or i crash so Ill still have transportation.

Comment

my fbody was 200 bones and it runs like a champ.

Comment

Very, very new

Would a awd vehicle be ok for drifting. ie. impreza etc.

Comment

*sigh* I guess I'll let this one slip because you are new. This is the kind of thing you search for, because it its discussed over and over again. Any car can be drifted, but for the actually helpfull answer, it would be no, unless you mean like rally drifting (on snow, gravel, dirt, etc.)

Comment

my friend have a 5.0 its quick and cheap but handle like crap well to me it is... 240 is the way to go, but any car is drift able, well for me i want 240 but my dad dont want to buy me a 2 door car said to take family w/ me damn. well im proud of my car my sweet baby accord drift good though...

Comment

They don't handle like crap, they just don't drive like an import.

It's all in how you work it.

Comment

well i guess so...

Comment

I know so. Ever driven one?

Comment

Working...
                              X