Racing Seats???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Seats???

Does the brand matter?? Im thinking about buuying SPARCO, but is it really worth it?? does anyone have some bad experience with the no name ones?

A seat is a seat man. As long as it fits you, stays in the car and YOU like it, what does it matter who's name is on it unless you are some show nut. Best seat I ever had came from a pawn shop with tracks and RCI belts for 30 bucks.

Comment

/if you want to buy no name seats, then you should have an opinion from someody about them. Ask the seller if they have been crash tested. If not - forget it. If you get involved in a heavy accident <dear God, please don't!> the seat can get damaged in a place it shouldn't, making the possibility of your body damage bigger. I would go with Sparco - I've sat in a couple of them and they fit me best (and I'm 5 foot 8 inch). I liked Sprint 5. But, it doesn't matter what do I like - you have to get a seat that fits your body structure.

Comment

you can get seats (yes 2) on ebay with slides and brackets for $85....its lagit too....the shipping is $150 which altogether is half of a sparco or the third of a bride seat
        Im not saying i wouldnt take a "sparco fighter" in a second if i had the money or any kind of bride but.... like ghost said....
        "a seat is a seat"....and he is very right

Comment

yea thats what i was thinking too... anyone own a noname brand?? or anyone bought a pair of noname seats from ebay and liked it? i wanna get 1 for cheap but i dont want it to mess up after like 2 days you know? or getting fed over in a car accident

Comment

Here in Europe there are several no name seat manufacturers that sometime sell their seat shells under well-known brands (but those ones which you American's wouldn't know, lol) and have basically the same models in their catalogues... One of those seats is super light and has an FIA homologation. It looks like...

...this. It looks and performs good, plus it is waaay cheaper than all those Italian brands (Momo, Sparco, OMP). Not even mentioning about Japanese Brides.

Comment

well im trying to find 1 thats fully reclinable.. by the way, i found 2 pair of racing seats on ebay thats not expensive and looks alright, ill put the numbers up here so you guys can see.

by the way, when looking for a racing seat, what material should i be looking for? anything specific that i should look at before i buy them? and whats the difference between those top brands and the no name ones?

if anyone knows a noname or a ok brand of racing seats that good in quality and reasonable in price, ,it would be very nice of you to share it with us. thanks

Comment

I have this installed installed in my SC300, using a Sparco bracket. Got it from the guys at Speed Alliance in San Diego.
                http://www.speedalliance.com

Here's a pic installed:

Quick review:
                Affordability: 10/10
                Comfort: 8/10
                Style: 8/10
                Hold: 6/10

Overall, thumbs up... price w/ brackets varies on application. But expect to pay approx $200-$250/seat with Sparco rails. So far, no issues. Holds well in aggressive driving, but could be better. Expect to sacrifice some holding with a generic reclinable.

Comment

http://www.saferacer.com/acropolisevo.html

Gots me Momo Acropolis Evo a little pricey but worth it. These are the rally verison, haven't put it in yet but its super light. I have the black/grey verison.

Live near a Super Autobacs or anything like it...just go and start sitting your butts in the seats. Get the one that has good safety rating and the fits snugly(sp?) but not too tight.

Oh!! Also if you do plan on racing on tracks with it, make sure you can wear a helmet comfortably. The part with the shoulder strap holes should be below your shoulders or you won't sit back correctly with helmet. Or do what I did and tilt the seat a bit when putting it in the bracket.

Comment

if you have a s13 don't get a sparco seat. The rails sit too high causing my head to hit the ceiling. Sparco seats also block my left blind spot. Now I learned the hard way and i'm looking into bride seats.

Comment

mine is a 95 240se...

Comment

A seat is not just a seat. A Recaro SPG is not the same as a collapsable metal cafeteria chair is it?

Inexpensive seats are made with LOWER QUALITY MATERIALS and not just the fabric. I'm talking mechanical ware as well. Ever shook the seatback of a knockoff seat? It moves back and forth and flexes quite a bit. Ever sat in one? The foam is not good quality and they are a good 2 times thicker than the seat bottoms of a real good seat. The inner structure of every reclining seat is almost always bend hard metal tubes. But on Recaro and Bride, the tube/box is very concealed and there is very hard plastic wrapped in foam attached to this tubing for the bolsters and stuff. What does that mean? You don't give yourself a charlie-horse everytime you change directions or corner hard liek a Sparco or Cobra or Corbeau seat. Or even worse, ARD and all thsoe sh!tty knockoffs.

SERIOUSLY the seat is the only thing keeping you from sliding all over your cockpit, DON't skimp out. Especially at high speed, sliding around will cause you to crash.

I reccomend ONLY Bride and Recaro and Garage Thrash recliners (all other recliners are for show cars) and for buckets, again, Bride, Recaro, Garage Thrash, and Sparco buckets are nice. For 240sx, ONLY use Brie seat rails. Everything else will sit too high.

I'm sure people will come on here and say "blah blah blah JDM whore balh balh blah bling bling car show bride JDm blah blah." Well guess what... I know what I am talkign about from experience (this seems to be something i have to say alot around here). I have owned a Bride Brix, sold, and now have Bride Zeta II Type L. (6'2, 165 lbs). I have driven/drifted cars with Zeros II, Zeta III, Zeta III type L, Ergo, Recaro SRD, sat in Recaro SPG (would be my first choice on seats but i got a good deal on my Bride) Sparco Evo/Pro2000 (those are good too... little too wide for me).

Basically, go to GOOD companies and sit in their seats to find one right for you. I like the Recaro SPG but i got a better deal on this Bride.

How mucha re these seats? My friend is selling a used Bride Brix (best damn reclining seat i have ever used, hands down) for $500 or so. probably less. Either way, do you want some crappy seat designed to look "racey" with no crash testing or structural integrity or durable material for use on show car Civics, or do you want soemthing designed to keep you in place while drifting?

Comment

i have a bride BRIX drivers seat, and a bride ERGO passenger seat. The brix is far more contoured and i wouldnt change it for anything. Retains comfort of a reclinable whilst having the holding of almost fix back spec...

Comment

i personally wouldnt buy a seat w/o sitting in it first. ive seen a few no name brand seats that are good quality and reasonabally priced. those came from japan. im sure theres some eruopean seats that are similar. i would stay away from those cheap ebay seats unless your building a show only car. honestlly i think $$ spent on a good seat is $$ well spent. a good seat is something very important and often overlooked when building a drift car.

Comment

I always say to never skimp on a safety item. Be it a harness, seat, or rollcage, it is critical you do not go with bargain basement. There's a reason most sanctioning bodies require homologated seats and harnesses: because in the event of an accident, they're the devices keeping you from being splattered across the countryside.

Comment

Working...
                              X