What to bring to first Drift Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to bring to first Drift Day?

My first drifting event will be the DD20 coming up at irwindale speedway. I drive an ae86 with front and rear springs and struts. and I have falken azenis for the front and crappy tires for the rear. Im not new to cars as I've been driving HPDE's for a little while but this is my first drift event. What items should i bring? How many extra tires should i bring? Does anyone know if they have a tire mounting machine at the drift days? And lastly, since my car is lowered quite a bit, is a panhard bar necessary before i drift. I was going to wait a little while before I got a panhard bar but would it be wise to get one before this event? thanks.
    -RJ

Re: What to bring to first Drift Day?

Originally posted by R.J.
    My first drifting event will be the DD20 coming up at irwindale speedway. I drive an ae86 with front and rear springs and struts. and I have falken azenis for the front and crappy tires for the rear. Im not new to cars as I've been driving HPDE's for a little while but this is my first drift event. What items should i bring? How many extra tires should i bring? Does anyone know if they have a tire mounting machine at the drift days? And lastly, since my car is lowered quite a bit, is a panhard bar necessary before i drift. I was going to wait a little while before I got a panhard bar but would it be wise to get one before this event? thanks.
    -RJ
    I don't know what a panhard is, want to enlighten me? But they don't have mounting machines there.

What to bring?

-Tires to keep asside to drive home on.
    -Extra tires?? All depends on what you have...I always brought 10 but I also had an extra truck to bring them in, so its up to you. Have more tread on the tires bring less tires, crappy used tires bring more.
    -Tools, just in case
    -Jack, keep an eye on them because they get jacked
    -Coolant
    -Water
    -Oil
    -ATF
    -Air Compressor
    -Don't forget your HELMET!!!
    -Water to drink!!
    -Towels to clean up with

Yea...I think thats good...

Comment

dont forget food......cant drift with a emtpy stomach...::::Whispers:::::besides food cost a bunch at events:::::::

Comment

yea i agree with everything said. Be sure to bring extra tires, wheels and tires to get home on, food, water, towels, helmet, and oil and coolant and all that nonsexy goodness. But two important things were left out. One, Money in case some dude is selling that perfect part you are looking for off of his car (or for swaps and stuff like that so you can even up the price). Two, bring comfortable lightweight shoes, or just plain tennis shoes. You dont want to be stuck with ur Lugz or Caterpillars when driving. I tried just plain driving in me hunting boots, and god that was hard. Also, most importantly, bring a smile on your face!

PS matching race suits and shoes look ultra cool.

Comment

thanks for the suggestions....im looking forward to this event so much.

Comment

don't forget to bring your registration for the event...

also, be friendly to people...you never know who you are talking to. It might just be someone you don't wanna be on their bad side.

Make sure your gas tank is full. I usually go through about 1/4 -1/2 tank a DD.

also, bring duct tape (incase you break something) zip ties (same reason), rope, jumper cables. Ya know, the usual car safety stuff.

and DEFINATLY bring food!

Comment

thanks for the post I am going to dd20 also as my first drift day. I just the 5sp swap and am going to go out and toss the car around. Its almost completey stock so I will just be messing around. Can't wait though should be fun!!

Comment

Working...
              X