LSD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSD question

i am buying a kaaz lsd soon, and i just wanted to know which was better for street use and of course for use on the track. the 1.5 way lsd or the 2 way lsd? i heard you can adjust how aggressive the lsd's are, so i was wondering if a 2 way with less aggressiveness would be good for the street? or a 1.5 way would be better? let me know, anyone, any opinions, thanks.

1.5 for grip, 2.0 for drift...by your name im thinking your a grip racer. If you have a Honda crx, check out the www.jdmcivic.com forums, wel tell you all you want to know dude

Comment

um no, a kaaz is a bad idea for a fwd application. clutch types aren't designed for fwd cars. you should go with a helical type lsd from quaife, its perfect for street and track use in fwd cars.

Comment

thanks for the replies, but the lsd is going into a 240sx, what do you recommend?

Comment

Hi CRXOFDOOM,
          First, we only supply 2 way lsd units now. (1.5 way conversion is
          possible) The new units are called Solid LSD, part number SAN2655.
          For daily driving and occational drift or track use, 80% lock setup on our unit works best from our experience. For additional info. please email us or call us at 888-522-KAAZ(5229).
          Best Regards,
          Kaaz USA Staff

Comment

i LOVE my kaaz 2way. Keep it at 100% but just be VERY careful in the wet and forget about the winter. And the adjustability isnt the click of a switch it requires u to take the entire diff apart.

Comment

I just got a Kaaz lsd unit in my S14. I have a 2 way with it toned down to like 80%. It is a great product. I wouldnt recomend it if you dont like noise. At slow speeds it is really loud and it feels like something is wrong,but its just the clucth plates grinding together. I think its normal on all aftermarket LSDs. If you dont care about that and it doesnt rain alot where you live id say get it. Just dont get the tomei unit Ive heard bad things about it

Comment

Hi jdmdrews14,
                What tire size do you have in the rear? With stock size tires
                the chattering noise is normally louder. The wider you go
                the noise will go down. Also your unit is still new and very
                tight, it will get quiet as you put more miles and when the
                clutch plates sets in to each other. Normally after the first
                oil change the noise will go down. We recommend first oil
                change at about 3k miles and every 5~7k thereafter.
                Best Regards,
                Kaaz USA Staff

PS: BTW most Tomei units are made by Kaaz. Some are made
                by Nismo.

Comment

jdmdrews14- what exactly have you heard about the tomei lsd unit??

Comment

Here ill brake this down:

1.5 = easier for new commers to drifting.

2-way probably the best but hardest to use properly.

Simple as that.
                    __

Generally

A 1.5 way applies even power under acceleration, and 50% power to the inner wheel on deceleration (makes exits easier)

2 way is equal power on both acceleration and decelleration.

Comment

Originally posted by eric240
                      i LOVE my kaaz 2way. Keep it at 100% but just be VERY careful in the wet and forget about the winter. And the adjustability isnt the click of a switch it requires u to take the entire diff apart.

i just got a Nismo 2way....what do u mean when u said forget about it in the winter??...does that mean u shouldn't be driving wit it in the winter time....it snows a lot here, should i be worried bout that?

Comment

LSD's provide better grip, therefore in climates with snow, it will be easier to drive your car on icey/snowy roads. What it may do is keep locked while turning (if you are accelerating fast enough). In the snow, this will cause a slide pretty quick, however, you will slide no matter what if you ar going fast enough. That's not an LSD's fault.

Anways, LSDs are a must-have for winter climates imo. Almost if not all Canadian 240sx came with LSD, for example...

Oh, and read the sticky at the top of the page, I, alnog with other people, gae very good, in-depth analysis and insight about LSDs. Your questions are def. covered in there... more thoroughly, too.

Comment

PG your opinion is correct. The lsd unit will assist in
                          winter driving especially in snow where one wheel
                          can loose traction. So when you have an open diff,
                          this situation will unable you to drive. If you have
                          lsd, you can get out of this situation.
                          No matter whether you have lsd or not, the car will
                          slide around turn if you go too fast in snow or iced
                          surface. In dry condition the lsd unit will provide superior
                          cornering ability but in snow or wet condition, it doesn't
                          work that way but assist you in different manner.
                          Kaaz USA Staff

Comment

Dont forget ATS I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Once I get my car running I can give you my opinion on ATS deftforce "drift spec" LSD.

Comment

ckeck out the groupbuy on kaaz lsd, the will be 830 the guy said. check it out

Comment

Working...
                              X