Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang Drifter???

SUP people,

I'm in the Arcadia area and was woundering if there are any drifters in this area. I haven't really heard too much bout mustang or any domestic drifting. I have the 1/4 thing pretty much nailed and am looking for a new challenge. I have nothign but RESPECT for the amount of skill involved in drifting. And I would to learn the skills. So anyone can give a helping hand i would great appricated.

Mods:Blow 4.6 2V 10-13PSI
    Roush stage 2 suspension

Re: Mustang Drifter???

Originally posted by SOCALIROUSH
    SUP people,

I'm in the Arcadia area and was woundering if there are any drifters in this area. I haven't really heard too much bout mustang or any domestic drifting. I have the 1/4 thing pretty much nailed and am looking for a new challenge. I have nothign but RESPECT for the amount of skill involved in drifting. And I would to learn the skills. So anyone can give a helping hand i would great appricated.

Mods:Blow 4.6 2V 10-13PSI
    Roush stage 2 suspension
    I don't know if you read the "FAQS" or not, but try making a search before posting. Theres plenty of info about domestic drifting....not like its anything different from imports drifting. Heres a couple domestic threads...

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...estic+drifting

Comment

The most important thing to remember when you're starting to practice is that if you drift, you're gonna crash and break parts. If you can swing it, go buy and old V8 mustang or camaro beater that you won't feel bad about crashing and that's cheap to fix. Don't wanna break a 30K+ car drifting.

Be safe about it. Wear your seatbelt. Make sure there's nothing loose or rolling around in the car that could get stuck under your brake pedal. If you've got a helmet, racing gloves or a harness use it. Better safe than sorry.

Find a big open lot to practice in. Make sure there isn't anything you could hit and there's plenty of room in case you make a mistake. Also make sure the spot is free of popo and people that might complain.When you find a spot, don't wear out your welcome. Only practice for a few minutes at a time so that you don't tip anybody off as to what you're doing.

When you start, you just want to get used to the feeling of the car sliding. After you get comfortable doing donuts and going sideways, you can try doing figure 8's or chokus (swaying from side to side on a straightaway). Start out slow and work your way up in small increments. As your talent improves so will your speed. Don't go in to the corners too fast. Leave a margin of safety so in case you screw up you won't get hurt.

Put some el-cheapo tires and rims on the back so that you won't have to worry about burning off your high-dollar tires. A spare set of rims for the front wouldn't be a bad idea either, just so you don't tear up your nice rims.

Anyway, be safe and use common sense.

Check your pm's.

Comment

Working...
      X