Cressida bodykits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cressida bodykits

I have decided to start my cressida project DRFT I have found a cressida for 1K and now I am looking to a NA supra to swap engine and tranny. wat I am looking for now is a bodykit have any of u guys seen any? any help will be great thanks

There are some kits avaialbe for Cressida, just check for it at Cardomain and Google and you'll find some (there's one nice Cressida with a 1JZ swap and some mods, I don't like it because of the styling tough).

Comment

yes make sure you get a body kit before you get suspension lsd and all that other ricer stuff

Comment

Originally posted by dae
        yes make sure you get a body kit before you get suspension lsd and all that other ricer stuff
        LOL .....wait, your callin him a ricer just because he's building his car backwards(exterior&interior before mechanical), why?
        as long as he is able to drift his car why call him a ricer??
        oh wait because he's not building his car the way YOU want him to

Comment

it was sarcasm i was calling suspension and lsd's ricer stuff where as bodykits are key to drifting. i see you are in oki so maybe your not familiar with the scene here and how bad it is. this kid is talking about his project "drft" cressida and hes allready talking about his bodykit when he has said nothing of making a decent drift car. honestly i dont care what he does, but i would rather have people involved with drifting to do it right so we dont end up looking like some damn fools.

Comment

Originally posted by dae
            it was sarcasm i was calling suspension and lsd's ricer stuff where as bodykits are key to drifting. i see you are in oki so maybe your not familiar with the scene here and how bad it is. this kid is talking about his project "drft" cressida and hes allready talking about his bodykit when he has said nothing of making a decent drift car. honestly i dont care what he does, but i would rather have people involved with drifting to do it right so we dont end up looking like some damn fools.
            You're right, i don't know how bad the ricer infestation is over there but i do know it's starting to grow over here with recent growth in the honda population, honda and spo-con(short for sport compact car) magazines, and the like.(DAMN F&F series is making my people turn from true racers to fake ricers!!)

If you was just being sarcastic to the guy i guess it's all right, thought you were flaming him... although it IS odd he didn't tell us anything about his mechanical plans...then again he doesn't have to....

Comment

Did you ever think that he is a kid building his first car. To many people, looking good while going fast is as important of going fast @ all. If someone is willing to do both, why bother? He seems to want to the most important physical thing, which is getting the correct transmission in his car. Sometimes it feels good to have a nice looking car, because to be perfectly honest with you, all the Chasers ive ever seen in Japan have been bodykitted. And you never know, he might take the (sometimes) factory LSD outta the donor supra and mount it on his car. So, i'd back offa the poor kid.

Comment

Re: Cressida bodykits

Originally posted by toyocresta
                I have decided to start my cressida project DRFT I have found a cressida for 1K and now I am looking to a NA supra to swap engine and tranny. wat I am looking for now is a bodykit have any of u guys seen any? any help will be great thanks
                Iam going to give everyone the only web site that u need to go to find eveything that u wana get for u car or whatever.Iam a Web Surfer I came acress this page a while back. all u have to do is just put the exact part or name of thet part u are looking for and ensted of u looking for it on the web page it takes u stright to it wellthe link and all u have to do is click on the link.www.google.com/ie Rember that /ie is more of what u are looking for Google has a Contract with other Servers that allow it to Acess to others around the World so u always find what u are looking for.I know that there are people on Drifting that Hate me but. Iam a MAN and Iam going to let it all go.To the people that may Hate me Iam sorry and hope u can be a Man ur self and forgive me.
                Last edited by GM_Racer; 10-19-2004, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I have decided to start my cressida project DRFT I have found a cressida for 1K and now I am looking to a NA supra to swap engine and tranny. wat I am looking for now is a bodykit have any of u guys seen any? any help will be great
                  Ok you said your car is a 89 right? You shouldn't need to swap out the motor at all assuming its in good shape. The 7MGE makes good power and torque, moves the 3400lbs cressida smooth and easy.

I wouldn't waste an ounce of time looking for a body kit, get a LSD, supra Mk3 ones are compatible, Clutch type LSD in either 4.3 N/A, 4.1 Auto turbo, 3.9 LSD (Turbo87-88) and 3:73 (Turbo 89+) Most of the suspension is the same as the mk3 so I'd look into that ASAP.

We have camber control and toe control on the rear, it makes for predictable handling at the limit. I'd get some stiffer springs and shocks because the Cressida is a floaty ride.

BTW although the Auto tranny is a good 4-speed auto on the cressida I'd eventually opt too put in a 5-speed (W58) and pedal assembly from a N/A supra. Check out www.supraforums.com a guy named Thermactor has a 5-speed 7MGTE Cressida.

Honestly you sound kinda new to all this. Leave the car stock except maybe a LSD and practice in gravel and in the wet with no obstacles around.

Good luck

Comment

DEVIL aero kit is the top-notch shizzle.

Comment

^ that is hella nice. really wished i bought a cressida when i had the chance.

Comment

im getting intrested in cressidas now, some one sould start a crazy cressida thread

Comment

Originally posted by Coiloverkid
                          DEVIL aero kit is the top-notch shizzle.

so sweet....

Comment

Cressidas are cool because they seat 4 and have a 7MGE BUT they have the auto and open LSD.

If you want the sportiness you might as well get a n/a mk3 supra, unless you get a cressida for cheap.

Supras usually come with LSD, harder suspension, and 5-spd as apposed to swapping all that into a cressida.

Comment

this is formuladrifter..........you guys are going to turn the cressida into a "trueno"/"eight-six"/hatchi roku"/japanese i dont care car............please dont ruin this car with all your "MAD JDM'NESS" craze........thank you..........remember...this is Joe "formulaDrifter"......peace.......and thats my opinion.....

edit.......85-88 (5MGE)come with MT AND AT tranny's.......
                              .............89-92 (7MGE)are only AT transmission.......
                              ITS NOT EASY TO SWAP IN A 1JZ IN THE CAR.......
                              but hey what do i know......i just ACTUALLY read car manuals rather then Import Tuner and option mag's which i know 99% of you "drifters" cant even understand a word..........
                              Last edited by Trevultaspeed; 10-22-2004, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X