KA24DET or SR20DET engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KA24DET or SR20DET engine?

which one makes your engine pretty fast and more grip on drifting?

neither of them make your engine pretty fast because they are engines. But the sr20 is a tad lighter than the kat(closer to 50/50 wheight distribution). I am going kat instead of sr, but it seems like more people go a sr. Hope that helped.

Comment

i'm sorry but newbs need to die i have never felt like this but so many stupid questions.

heres the deal with a aka24dte you will have tons of tq more than any sr20 could dream off. You wont be able to get the same amount power out of a stock ka24 as you could a sr20. Oh and also ka24's blow head gaskets like a mofo thanks to the wonderfull iron block Aluminum head.

If you have the money go sr20 if you don't a ka24dte setup can be had for 1000-1500 if parted togther. Oh and if do a ka24dte a t25 wont do jack for it.

Comment

I say either go CA18 or SR20. They're both equally good engines in their own right... I know you didn't need another engine introduced into the equation here, but the 180SX in Japan came with a CA18DET... Both very good motors. If you can afford the SR20, do that. But if you want to save money for a similar motor, go with the CA18...

Comment

All I have to say is do a search and you will find your answer. This question has been brought up a million times. Check out the FAQs and the newbie stickies okay?? Please no one else answer, its been said over and over and over again.

Heres a good thread.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...ght=ka+vs+sr20

Comment

well,the sr seems to be illegal here in cali..

Comment

Originally posted by Rare
              well,the sr seems to be illegal here in cali..
              Once you start modifying your car its going to be illegal anyways.

Comment

Working...
              X