Drift Chevette - GanyaPowered-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drift Chevette - GanyaPowered-

this is my ride. i hope u like it. Its a 1987 chevette. though it has little of the original car. its an FR layout. momo wheels, yokohama paradas, handmade double exhaust, i worked around the pistons and bore and went from 1.6 to 2.0 and running a cold air intake and aluminum radiator in a 5 speed manual. it's my first RWD and 1st drift car. working on a tight budget the car hasn't got over 10K yet. beein venezuela probably the only country unkown to drifting, we are working hard to be noticed, even destroying civics in the highway
    Attached Files

Oh yeah, chevettes are great! I'm driving one too.
    Where do you guys get parts? I'm looking for stuff, but in the US theres next to nothing.

Comment

are the chevettes RWD in the states? or did they ghey it up?

Comment

there FR here in the states....

my grandfather used to drag race one......

pretty sick lookin...did 8's too

Comment

I'm NOT in the STATES!

yyo, i'm not in the states. i'm in caracas venezuela. for those who dont know that's like north to brazil, next to colombia ok.
          well here they are RWD, and have alwayys been and i have never seen nor heard bout a FWD chevette. it's not hard to find the stuff. well the body kit is one off. and the engine internals as well as pistons are from a Opel monza.. i'll attach a picture. i think it's a very good and balanced car. and light too. it dont need a lot of power to mantain sideways, even though it has it. i didnt know they had them in the states i used to live there and i never saw one! do u have any pics???
          Attached Files

Comment

wasnt that car in "Pimp my Ride"??? (just kidding). its alright

Comment

here's a US vette with a rotary engine in it.
              I've heard that a lot of the guys in brazil like to turbo chevettes.
              Does anyone do that where you are, since it's so close I'd think you guys would have the parts too. Of course you'd have to know some Portugese.
              Attached Files

Comment

TURBO FOR MY CHEVETTE

yes dude, i've seen a couple of turbo chevettes in the dragway here in venezuela. actually here can find everything nescesary to do it. i've been thinking bout turboing my chevette but thats cause i used to like the dragstrip a lot. i think for drifting it suits better to be a normally aspirated car u know...
                Do u happen to have any information that i could use??? have any pics or know a web site???

for Venezuelan Tunning visit www.lospiques.com
                theres actual pics of our street racing scene

Comment

Sweet 'lil Chevette you got there I like the fact that you're goin after Civics, give 'em he11!! South America and Australia have the stylish ones, the US only got the 3-door style like Soultron's. I think they quit makin 'em in the early 80's, so you don't see them on the road to often.

I like the concept of using a Chevette for drift: it's light with a 4cyl engine, so it would be easier to drift than with a big V8 car. I think you could build one for alot cheaper than a 'Stang or Camaro too. I know that there's alot of hop-up parts for 'em in Europe and Australia, but there isn't much available here in the states. I don't know a whole lot about 'em, but I'm really curious. It might actually be a drift car I could afford to build.

I've got some questions for ya:
                  1. How much power are you making with your 2.0L? Is that a pushrod motor or SOHC?
                  2. How much does the car weigh?
                  3. Does it do a good job of hanging with the Civics when they can push 170-180hp N/A?
                  4. With the power you have now can you spin the tires?
                  5. Is it an easy car to handle or is it squirrely?
                  6. What suspension work have you done?

Comment

SPECS on the car

i'm puting pics of the back of the car. here we get both 2 or 4 doors.
                    and coupe or hatchback. and they came 'till 1992

1- i haven't dyno my car yet. and i dont think i will any time soon 'till the next car show, but be 100% sure that i will post it when i get it. i owe u ok. the engine is SOHC

2- Since the body kit and the interior was made, and the rear wing added. dont know how much weight has been added. actually i'm trying to find someone in venezuela that works with carbon fiber. i want hood/trunk in c/f for weight/looks upgrade.
                    i'll put up a pic of the interior. i like it because it looks good and runs good at the same time. it works and it's pretty. the car has A/c. electric windows and cd player. it also has an under car neon kit. came free with the body kit. i didnt like it at first, cause caused too many people to look. but now i want them to look

3- i used to have a Renault R-19 1.8 SOHC. i ran a cold intake and bosh big bang spark plugs. i never dynoed but i never lost to another car in my range. (civic, neon, Corolla, Cavalier,mx3) though the car handled well it dosent match the chevette's speed and balance. now almost every car i race is FWD and since i turned japanese and RWD for drifting i use it as an advantage over other street racers who can't drif nor have achieved total control of the vehicle. Drifting gave more speed to my driving, i never thought it could be so usefull at street racing. though it looks strange to FWD drivers most dont get how such thing is done. and that's because drivers here are not aquaintted to drifting. it's a mystical thing to them.... Civics when pushed to a limit put more stress on their front tires and there fore when driving a course like we do here a lot. that dosent happen to RWD. the front tires can take the stress of weight transfer and turning during cornering and braking and dont take as much punishment. i think now i have an strategical advantage more than a Power Advantage.

4 - i started drifting when my car still was 1.6. it was slow but it was good for starting. as soon as i started pushing it i saw i need it the power. it was in my project already to stroke the car's engine. i was just waiting for the right time to doit. i had a 1.8 before and i have a Stock 2.0 2002 Renault Laguna. the chevette felt like a go-kart. the aditional CC have made quite an improvement.

5 - the car handles good. though i think it should and will be stiffer. Turns well, oversteers a bit. it's a daily driver thougt

6 - i was running monza hatch suspension before i thought of making it a drift car. the springs have been shortened 2 inches.

it's about everything i think if wanna know anything more just ask. since i was told i'm researching for a Rotary engine Swap. Does enyone can give me any information???
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X