Dumbest thread about drifting!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbest thread about drifting!!!

First off I'd like to explain that I own a subaru and am building a drift car. It's what I'm into. I don't like drag racing or auto-x both are not my thing. I also don't like to hate on other peoples interests.

But you guys have to check out what some other people think about drifting. Its funny what reasons they come up with to say drifting is dumb.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648540

yes this is the dumbest thread about drifting. sorry that was too easy...

Comment

That is 2 funny... Bahahahaha

Comment

wow. sadly thought thats not the 1st thread ive seen liket hat. but that is the 1st thread where people actually argued over which is faster.

Comment

Funny thing is that people argued that here too.

Comment

What Scooby do you own? Impreza RS? Or Turbo 2000/GT if you're outside the US? Or maybe a Legacy? I love you man! (please don't think I'm gheey, I'm just into Soobru drifiting )

Drifting sometimes IS a beneficial thing when driving really fast. Especially on loose and slippery surfaces, if there's a big chance of understeering at the corner enterance, it's useful to slide all the way to the exit. That's the most beneficial thing in AWD's and RWD's when rallying at the dirt.

WRC rocks.

Comment

omg..... those guys are basically saying the same thing over and over again, not even replying to other posts.... =p
              One guy even said drifting out of a turn.... "power over?" Plus you don't drift outta a turn (redneck thinking)

Comment

Let it go guys... If they knew what they were talking about they would be doing it. People have differnt reasons for drifting. To race, To show off, or to just have fun. In my case its the fun. Let them argue. It really souldn't bother you if the sport really means something to you. Why defend yourself when you can just walk/drive away and have fun away from people like them?

Comment

I really just think its funny how all those people are exposing themselfs as one dimensional drivers.

I mean a good driver should have all sorts of skills, They should know how to drive their car in grip or drift form. They should know what works in the rain or dry. Who knows? I could be wrong, but thats how I feel about it.

I just thought you guys would like the chuckle I got from reading the post.

-Cybin

Comment

I've been on NASIOC a long time, and you have to take into consideration you're asking a 4WD/GRIP based community about drifting; of course you're going to get snotty/unedjucated remarks like that. doesn't suprise me.

now ME on the other hand... Legacy wagon, JDM WRX motor, RWD. it will hand you your a55 on a silver platter while dousing you with smoke

Comment

This is what member MRF582 said- "To say that drifting is slower or drifting is the fastest way around a corner is wrong. some corners will be better taken a little sideways while MOST should be taken with full grip.

when you are in a low traction situation where getting the car to turn with grip means a low speed turn, drifting is the way to go. in low traction situations, sliding the wheels doesn't really scrub that much speed off. so you can get the car ready for corner exit while not having to slow down much. on most asphalt and concrete surfaces, the coefficient of friction is so high that sliding the wheels equates to a major loss of speed. at such times it's better to use full lateral grip of the tires and hang on.

i challenge anyone to drive with me with on 6 inchs of snow on the ground in a front wheel drive accord and take 90 degree turns utilizing full grip and NOT sliding the wheels. however, i'm allowed to pull the handbrake for a split second to get the car to rotate.

the reason sliding the wheels and getting the car turned works well on low traction surfaces is b/c the difference between static and kinetic coefficients of friction is minimal. and the trade off is a lot less than on high grip situations like concrete.

but yes, the whole driving a long curve with the back end out,tires smoking, is NOT the fastest way."

Wow sad uninformed people make me die laughing!

And this is what another member called LyveWRX
                      " "Then why dont F1, NASCRAP, RoadRacers in general; "Drift" every corner?

If its faster then its faster........

(But its NOT faster to slide the car ever, Its not faster to oversteer, its not faster to push (understeer).)

There is a reason for the statement "Slow in, Fast out" "

How sad for these people to be running such a ignorrant forum.

Comment

Slow in fast out? I thought it was hot in... Slide out

I know this thread is going to turn into a thread just like their thread... Muhahahaha.

Comment

Toche craftsman, someone close it!

Comment

that thread is a true example of why not to see so close the TV... you know why because you become stupid....lol

Comment

drifting is always faster..

Comment

Working...
                              X