240sx(s-13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240sx(s-13)

hey in about a year or maybe 2 i plain on getting a s13 and i was woundering what do u guys think ill need for the drift set up if u could list the item and price would be nice(hey that kinda rymed lol)and i would be going to drift days so whatever they make u have i would need to ok thanx

anyone

Comment

good coilovers or just nice springs and struts. coilovers = expensive....lol

some strut bars...cant really name prices cause it depends on what you want. im going to son be buying new strut bars for my 180 and im getting JIC Magic cf ones...they are about 220 for each......

as far as drift days go, most likely a fire extinguisher and helmet, and recommended like roll cage, racing seats and harnesses...that kind of stuff. plus your car must pass a tech inspection....

hope that helps you....

Comment

hey thanx for your help

Comment

what kind of car are you goning for are you doing striaght drift or looking to make the car nice and drift it. You could just get a set of coilovers(1200-over 2000) and l.s.d.(coulple 100-over 1000).That would make for a good start, then you can transplant a new motor.(depends) I got shocks and springs and im regretting it , i should of saved up and got coilovers instead. You could go with the japanese front end after that(i love those).Drift days all you need really is a helmet and a pair of extra tires and tools. Have fun

Comment

my prices are probilblly messed up dont pay attention.

Comment

ok thanx im probly going for a 89-90 240 and it would be almost all drift but i would have to be able to drive it to drift days

Comment

Sounds good. Have fun .

Comment

go for a 91-94 coupe...dont bother with the early models...they only ran the ka24d which is sohc and runs less than the ka24de that was begun in 91....the de version has about 15 or so horses more stock do the fact it has more valves and is dohc..

Comment

hey about how much do they go for 89-91 like 2-3 thou. thanx and can u guys help me set up like a cheak list wit prices because i need to know how much to save up thanx

Comment

i got my 91 5-speed for 3k

but as far as the price list goes, its really hard cause the parts range from cheap to expensive, depending on what you choose to use and what company too....

Comment

thanx for all your help

Comment

on my 240 i just put on new suspension and some better tires

i would first do the suspension my set up cost me like 700 bucks

Comment

what are you using?

Comment

Seriously, I would go LSD first. I got coilovers first, and as cool as it looks low, I can't get a good drift at all. An open diff. just lets on wheel spin while the other drags along slowing you down. I'm not saying its impossible, it just sucks. Don't get a vlsd either, if you have to go for it, but in the end, you are really gonna want a real clutch/helical LSD. other than that, coilovers, sway bars, bushings, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X