Drifting With 85 Celica GTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting With 85 Celica GTS?

I'm a new fan to drifting. Right now I have an 85 Celica GTS sittin in the garage. I was woundering if it would make a good drift car. If so, what do I need to do to it because right now I believe that it's all stock.

get a 2 way LSD

find a empty parking lot, and go crazy

end of discussion

"you can drift on stock footwork, but a LSD is absolutely neccisary for drifting"
    -Yoichi Immamura

Comment

a new fan to drifting. Right now I have an 85 Celica GTS sittin in the garage. I was woundering if it would make a good drift car
      Totally man! Those babies come with the independent rear suspension from the Mk2 supra their nice 4.3 Clutch LSD.

The 22RE is super reliable and torquey! I've personally done a fair bit of pavement and dirt sliding in a mk2 supra with the same suspension and found it too be really stable and progressive with the 225's on it.

If you find the 22RE a bit short on power you can always upgrade too a mk2 supras drivetrain. 1 part ECU + harnass + JDM 6MGE (CHEAP) and 190hp 190tq.

Comment

Thanks for the info. One more thing, what is a LSD and independent rear suspension from the Mk2 supra.
        Thanks
        Last edited by petetapan; 10-22-2004, 08:39 PM.

Comment

LSD = Limited Slip Differntial, makes both tires spin when you put power down, essential for sliding.

Independent rear suspension is the opposite of a solid axle like in say a pickup truck or a Mustang. They are good for sliding and general cornering because the tire can change camber as its loaded which generally leads to more grip.

You've got all the basics you need to slide and too generally have fun! They're a bit dated in styling but still cool!

Comment

Working...
          X