Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skyline brakes info

whats up fellow drifters!

I need some info on skyline brakes/300zx brakes. I just bought these skyline brakes from Japan and was wondering if anyone knows what skyline it came from(r32/r33.year,etc.) Also I know these are iron calipers so which is better? The 300zx aluminum or these iron ones. I believe the iron caliper replaced the aluminum in the later 300zx and skylines. Does anyone know what differences there are between the iron and aluminum calipers like piston size or performance between the two. And also if anyone knows whether these are 4 piston or 2 piston brakes please tell me. Any comments would be appreciated.

Oh yea..when swapping these brakes to a US 240sx....can you use 300zx brembo rotors or do you have to use 240sx rotors? Are 300zx rotors brembo rotors bigger than the 240sx. I would imagine so.
    Attached Files

those look like r32 gtr.

Comment

How much do you think they weigh?

Comment

where did you get those?? i been looking for them for a while for the S14.

Comment

I got these calipers on ebay. I got a really good price for them. I think people neglect these since everybody thinks the only 300zx brakes can swap to a 240sx. Im not sure how much they weigh though. I'm sure they are heavier than the aluminum nissan calipers.

I have been trying to look for other pictures of skyline brakes to compare them but not finding any. I found pictures of the 300zx cast iron caliper but they still look a little different.
          PLEASE CHECK THIS SITE OUT-compare the 300zx iron caliper to my skyline caliper. Do you guys think the calipers between the 300zx and the skyline just have a different design? Possibility???

http://www.princeton.edu/~asad/zbrakes/pages/5.htm

Comment

come on people...help me out!!!

Comment

If it is the BNR32 calipers, you need matching BNR32 rotors to go with them. Z32 rotors are too small.

If those are the R33 GTS ones, well, you need matching R33 GTS rotors to go with them.

So, sounds like you still have some ways to go before you can get them installed.

Comment

All right guys....I just looked futher through google and found out these are r33 skyline wheels. I dont belive they are gtr since r33 gtr skylines have brembos so now I know they are r33 gts-t caliper. Man I got such a good deal on these.

Comment

Working...
                X