ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got back from first drifting event, DD20.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got back from first drifting event, DD20.

I just went to my first DD and I had soo much fun. This was my first time ever drifting and I felt like I did pretty good. I was driving in my red 85 gts. It has no engine mods, just suspension with azenis tires in the front and crappy tires in the rear. I was a little nervous at first but it went away as soon as i got my first run. The course setup was really good. There were a total of 4 courses, although one of them was just a cone that you could slide around. Two of them were a bunch of linked turns and the last one was two turns. I feel like I learned a ton. I got the chance to drive with Alex Pfeiffer (he drove my car a few times and he rode shotgun on a few of my runs). All I have to say is wow! It was so much fun. he was throwing the car around like nothing. I really learned a lot from him just from that short time. Thanks Alex!
    ps: if you drift a ae86, a little advice.....keep the gas pedal floored.

Damn sounds like you had a really good time! We need some drift events around here.

Comment

that was my first event too. it was so much fun. Were you in group c? I was in group c driving the stock tan 240sx, the surfer lookin kid. you gotta floor it in my 240 also. My favorite course was the first on, the farthest east the most turns. It seems like after your a passenger to a good driver in your car it just clicks, i dont know.

Comment

Glad you guys came out to DD20! I was driving the black Sileighty...I think I remember seeing the tan 240. Hope to see you guys at the next one!
        Nadine Hsu
        http://www.nadine180.com
        http://www.driftingpretty.com

Comment

your car is really sick, when i was waiting in line for the skidpad i was watching you light it up.

Comment

remember me?

Comment

^^ That must be the shaolin shadow drifting technique. I bet that really confuses people durring tandem!

Comment

variant ya i remember your car, that thing is loud
                lovmufn thanks alot for letting me borrow your helmet, did you find it on your seat ok?

Comment

hehe yah I remember...cute cars!
                  Nadine Hsu
                  http://www.nadine180.com
                  http://www.driftingpretty.com

Comment

No problem, I was bombed out in my girlfriends truck. Waking up at 3:30 to get there and staff the events sucks nuts sometimes, but it is a necesary thing.

I also heed warning to all, things that have been skipped over or for whatever reason were allowed to pass will not be allowed the comming year.

Examples:

-BATTERY TIE DOWN MUST BE AS SECURE AS AN OEM TIE DOWN OR MORE SO... NO ZIP TIES, NO ROPES, NO BELTS, NO TAPE, NO ACCEPTIONS. (Anyone feel free to bring extra tie downs and price gouge people that don't have one)

-EXHAUST MUST EXIT THE PARAMETER OF THE VEHICLE, SIDE OR REAR OK but it MUST EXIT.

-IF YOUR CAR IS NOT IN GOOD WORKING ORDER (for example if it sags super low like your forgot to put your springs on) YOU WILL NOT PASS TECH.

Non-compliance will result in not being allowed to run until it does comply. All tech rules are posted on www.driftday.com, read them and follow them. I am going to be monitoring tech more closely as it is now my responsibility. I don't want to fail you but if you don't weigh in, you don't wrassle.
                    Last edited by LOVMUFN; 10-26-2004, 04:04 PM.

Comment

i remember your car variant...i was also driving a red ae86 but mine had gold wheels in the front and black wheels in the back. i was parked one row behind you.

Comment

wow!

sounds like everyone had fun! i hope to be out there soon in the 4 door R-33 practicing with all of u! hope to see u all soon!

Comment

Originally posted by sdtouge
                          your car is really sick, when i was waiting in line for the skidpad i was watching you light it up.
                          I was also driving Benson's car.... so it might not have been her driving.

-alex

Comment

yeah....my car is pretty loud O_O but it still has a cat!! going to get rid of that soon and add a rear-exit exhaust instead of my side-exit because they dont allow that for d1 :[

Comment

Originally posted by R.J.
                              i remember your car variant...i was also driving a red ae86 but mine had gold wheels in the front and black wheels in the back. i was parked one row behind you.
                              hey wasup man say hi to me next dday we cna pit together and I'll share my slim jims with you!

Comment

Working...
                              X