Anyone drift trucks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone drift trucks?

Does anyone drift trucks or am I crazy for trying to drift mine?
    Tell me your stories or better yet lets see some picts and/or vid.

The truck is a Ford Ranger Supercab STX 4x4 with a 2.9L V6 and minor intake and exaust mods. (even though its a 4x4 I (attempt to) drift in 2 wheel drive)

The exesive wheelbase open diff and lack of a handbrake are somewhat of a problem but I will soon have the LSD back in it, till then I drift in the wet and pretend I can do it in the dry too. I dont claim to be good but At least Im having fun!

I know that there is a guy in the chicago land area that drifts his toyota pickup. its odd seeing it out there, but its out there doing good.

Comment

wow trucks...that would be sick!i dont know of anyone who drifts trucks but im only 14 and in canada...

Comment

yes

http://www.rushbaby.com/narush/truck/drifting

Comment

not me

Comment

I drifted my GMC yukon on dubs the other day, but I think it's pretty risky considering the fact it will probaly tip.

Comment

but I think it's pretty risky considering the fact it will probaly tip.
              Actualy Thats what got me interested in drifting. When I was younger and stupider I nearly tipped the truck several times while gripping corners. I found that a quick stab to the brakes would let the rear tires slide and bring the body roll back into a controlable state. Eventualy it occoured to me that starting the slide before I was in trouble would make cornering safer. I underestood powerslides (though too underpowered to try) but not drifting. But now im here and learning.

Comment

Working...
              X