BubbaDrift in Hot Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BubbaDrift in Hot Rod

Yep, regular drift guys in Hot rod. It kind of takes a "beat up imports" feel to it but it's Hot Rod so what did you expect? Anyhoo, I'm glad to see drifting in a non import rag for a change. What I didn't know was how James developed his mad skills. He learnd what a twitchy 300zx (old) in autocross. When I taked to him at Rs*R Chicago, he said that they did a feature on the Camino, I guess I didn't expect to see it so soon. Hopefully we see more domestics because of this! Go Bubbadrift!!!!

Is that this months issue?
    did he get a full layout or is it a small side note?
    my dad will love this...

Comment

Full layout!! If you follow Bubbadrift, you'll know most of the story. It's still cool .

Comment

Full layout!! If you follow Bubbadrift, you'll know most of the story. It's still cool .

Comment

If you followed Bubba Drift you would know that James is the guy who owns the car and that Derrik is the one who drives the car.
          Why dont people do some research on these guys before they make them their IDOL.

From what i have heard there may not be a "Hell Camino" anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by crusTE72corolla
            If you followed Bubba Drift you would know that James is the guy who owns the car and that Derrik is the one who drives the car.
            Why dont people do some research on these guys before they make them their IDOL.

From what i have heard there may not be a "Hell Camino" anymore!
            said on the website they are gonna be campaigning a second car as well as th ehell camino

Comment

Isn't the Hell Camino Jesse James figure 8 car?
              Last edited by FC_RAUL; 10-30-2004, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Yes they are a real creative bunch over there at Bubba drift arent they. "Hey lets copy the name from Monster Garage and then go to Irwindale and see if anyone notices"

The guy who drives the ElCo has a 240z project car which i have heard will be recieving the LS1 and supercharger. So i hope they alienate all their domestic fans and poeple quit riding their nuts.

Can you tell this guy/car is my arch rival? Try getting any publicity in TEXAS ( or anwhere in the south for that matter) when your compeeting against the holy grail of red neck cars. Hopefuly the Z wont get the free novelty points the ElCo has recieved so abundantly.

Comment

Dude what's your deal?
                  They're trying to drift something different, so naturally they'll get noticed more. Are you envious? I've got a Nomex suit, so flame away.

Comment

Originally posted by crusTE72corolla
                    Yes they are a real creative bunch over there at Bubba drift arent they. "Hey lets copy the name from Monster Garage and then go to Irwindale and see if anyone notices"

The guy who drives the ElCo has a 240z project car which i have heard will be recieving the LS1 and supercharger. So i hope they alienate all their domestic fans and poeple quit riding their nuts.

Can you tell this guy/car is my arch rival? Try getting any publicity in TEXAS ( or anwhere in the south for that matter) when your compeeting against the holy grail of red neck cars. Hopefuly the Z wont get the free novelty points the ElCo has recieved so abundantly.
                    i'm sure derrick could out drive you, so what if they get noticed for driving something different, same thing happened for Sam and Rhys and people like them, they're driving domestics, the Budda Drift guys are really cool guys, if you're jealous just keep that to yourself cause everyone else seems to like them, and the Hell Camino thing wasn't even started by them, the guy anouncing FD in Houston Started calling it that during the competition, so get your stories straight too

Comment

Im not mad at all about them getting notoced more! I get mad when they progress or win in a competition SOLELY due to their novelty. I know these guys pretty well. We all met at the very first drift event ever held in houston. When neither derrik or I even had a car to drive. We both helped different people out with their cars in return for a few laps in said car. I dont hate these guys but i do have a very deep need to beat them into the ground.

Capt.odvious, i am TIREKILLER on TS and Slideways Silvia almost everywhere else. I know who you are and i usually agree with your outlook. BELIEVE me i would LOVE to find out who is the better driver me or derrik. But every event that we have compeeted against each other he has progressed because of the novelty of the car. Take Drift Showoff, Derrik spun many times in the elimination rounds (not to mention the finals run) but moved on to the next round anyway because the crowd was cheering so loudly for him. Koguchi and Yamamoto COULDNOT have eliminated the ElCo with out some serious backlash from the crowd. I dont know, everybody is entitled to their own opinion on the ElCo so think what you want. I will go to my grave saying that The ElCamino won that (and many others) contest because of the car and not because he was the best driver there that day.

Just to clarify, i have nothing against them getting publicity and applause for driving something different. But i do dissagree with giving an advantage to ANYBODY due to the novelty of their vehicle.

Comment

i agree, he didn't do that great at drift showoff back in april, but he has progressed over the time, and crowd participation is a big part of any major drifting event, if you watch videos from the american d1 events RS*R events, and any other events, notice how many times when theres a close race the judges turn to the crowd, and the el camino gets lots of back because its different. people like to see different cars drifting, even the japanese say they want to see more american cars in competition. there is novelty in the fact that they're driving an el camino, but they're capitalizing on this, and you would do the same there if you had the chance, i know i would

Comment

Dude at FD Houston he was so off line that Foresburg (in a pretty wide 350z mind you) almost passed him. Then the crowd yells "one more time" and the judges let them run again(as if they couldnt tell the clear winner). So on the rerun the ElCo spins, (i was on the judges stage as all of this is happening), yet the judges still debated who to let advance. I dont care how much the crowd likes him he just got beat hands down. He should not progress (and he didnt due to my and a few others yelling toward the judges "he spun, he spun")

Im sorry but i always thought that we were participating in a DRIVING event and were being judged on our DRIVING ability (speed line angle) not on how many other cars like ours there are at the event.

And to all of those people who go around talking about how hard that car is to drift. Go read their website! The car is more prepared than ALOT of you would think. And i aint talkin about the damn supercharger, im talkin about the Hotchkis springs (not leafs, since the ElCo didnt come with leaf springs due to it being based on a CAR) the swaybars the bushings the rebuilt posi trac rearend etc.....

Comment

i'm not saying they judge by how many cars like it are at the competition, but he had fast entry speed, and many times had a good line, but you have to also think that was his first time doing tandem, and you know it would be hard going against forsburg in that z. but when all the arguements end, they'll still be in the place they are now, with their sponsors and fan base, and theres nothing that our arguement will do to change that, this thread was started to talk about them being featured in Hot Rod Magazine, so lets congratulate them on their accomplishment

BTW, are you going to be at grind in the morning? if so what car do you drive again, i'll stop by and say hi, i'll be out there with my camera

Comment

hey captobvious, by a-town Texas, do you mean Allen?

Comment

Working...
                              X