shocking news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shocking news

i was researching my next car and was heavily interested in the 89-94 240 and i came across a few things that made me think, the first was very shocking and i didnt believe it the ka24e engine is sohc, now i so didnt believe this i wrote nissan's tech department and foud this to be true, also i found that alot of the 240's had the hicas which is very annoying for drifting, plus every one i come across is a freaking automatic, i swear i think i may have found like 3 of 12 that were manual, if you know about the transmission thing please explain. please tell me that after winter is over more manual non hicas 240s will come out. i cant wait until im un-grounded.

The Z is the reason for it being SOHC. in 1989 the Z was the last year but also the first year of the 240sx. sadly though, the 1/4 mile times are really close on both n/a versions. If the 89-94 models were dohc then it would have beaten the Z of the same year (89 only) and thats something nissan would never do. but in 1990 the Z's became dohc allowing for the 240 to be able to be upgraded to dohc on the next gen. Not sure if I wrote that well but you get what I am saying.

Comment

Grounded boy to me it sounds like you chat quite a bit of BS.

Comment

only the 89 and 90 versions of the 240 came with the KA24E motor, after that (91-94) they caem equipped with the KA24DE, the "D" meaning DOHC. And i wouldnt say that alot of 240's came with HICAS, seeing as it was a rare option...

Comment

Originally posted by Loxam
          Grounded boy to me it sounds like you chat quite a bit of BS.
          what makes you say that?

Comment

You didn't notice the thread called ka24e.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...=&threadid=945

Notice how there is no d,it means it is sohc

what makes you say that?
            i wrote nissan's tech department
            That is probably why.How many people would actually "write" to Nissan and ask if the ka24e was dohc.Even after finding out it was sohc.Nissan engine codes are extremly easy to figure out,even someone who hasn't been around a car in their life could figure it out using common sense.

Comment

i was so shocked about it being sohc because i assumed, plus i get a lot of people saying diffrent things, so i say go to someone you can trust like the MANUFACTURER i wanted a straight answer by someone who knew, so dont give me crap about fiding out the info that i needed, so bite me if you think that asking is wrong.

Comment

i can't believe you actually wrote a letter to the Tech department.

Look up engine codes.. and you could of figured it out easily.

DOHC aren't too special.. I have owned DOHC cars.. and SOHC cars like my 280Z...
                Sure it's more "efficient" but the engine still does it's job and can still build almost the same amount of power.

Plus camshafts are cheaper on SOHC since you only have to buy 1 instead of 2. And if it's a V6 engine like in the 300ZX's that's 4 camshafts you have to buy.

Don't forget.. SOHC are lighter and less moving parts.. therfore.. less things to break

Comment

Working...
                X