Drifting Volvos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drifting Volvos

Anyone drift Volvos which ones do you drift?

I am planning on drifting my 89 Volvo 740 Wagon Turbo. It is a really fun car! I just got new tires and plan on replacing my clutch soon. For more info. go to www.turbobricks.com and search for drifting.

740drifter
    Leland

Comment

cool, how hard is it for you to get the ol' wagon sideways?

Comment

Finally, a thread for my taste.

I use a 940 non-turbo, auto wagon...yeah, scoring big points all over the board. It's actually not that hard to get sideways, but I must say that I only wait for the weather to turn wet before I do anything. Feints seem to work well for me.

Comment

the volvo seems like a great car to drift it. bo matter how bad u crash, it will always get you home with no problems. hehehe

Comment

^ They're hard to impress the ladies with, that's a downside. I would go so far as to say impossible to impress ladies with.

Comment

I was drifting in my friend's 940 turbo sedan the other night and it was ridiculously easy to get sideways with the ebrake. Not too slow either. Only downside was that it was auto.

Comment

940's are newer aren't they?

Comment

There are a number of guys on the East Coast that have run at the US Drift events out there, they all drive 240 sedans.

Comment

Hi there!
                    There is a lot of Volvo drifters here in Norway (since they are so cheap).
                    If I was going to buy one, it would be a good 'ol Volvo 242, since the other ones are heavyer.
                    But they use all kinds of 240's, 740's.. You can see moste of the different RWD Volvo's drift if you come to a norwegian drift/track day
                    But as I said, I would have used a 242, and put in a B230ET engine. But you can do a lot! I imagine that parts for Volvo's are easy to get by in any country in the world ..But I'd rather pick a Jap car anyway

Comment

the 940 was a 1994 at least the one i drove

Comment

If you lower the ride height, add a nice sound system and put a body kit on the ladies rating will surely increase. You could also debadge it and put some 30% or 15% tint on all the windows and it would look pretty sleek--the newer Volvo's have such elegant lines.

-MR

Comment

^ Notice you said, "newer". That does not include the busted '95 wagon. Nothing will help her (The Black Pearl) and the stuff you mentioned will only get the rice boys *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up, that's not something I'm very interested in.

Comment

Me and Conny from M-D-S drift with Volvos, we live in Sweden so why not.

I am currently driving a 242 Turbo, "Completely-Rebulit-Spec"(See sig).
                            A new drift car is on it's way. It's based on a 944 Turbo 1998 spec, and will probably get an S90 conversion(exterior).

Conny drives a 744 Turbo 1990. With BPU.
                            Last saturday it also got an M90H(gearbox) transplant.
                            Conny has broken two M46 trannys in the last month.

Our webpage is on it's way, there you will find info on us, the cars and vids/pics.
                            I will hopefully have something up and running later this week.

www.m-d-s.se

/Henrik

Comment

hello all im the 740 driver (Conny)

volvos are great cars for drifting but they are a bit heavy and dont have a great LSD stock but with some mods you got a crazy drift machine!

/ Conny

Comment

Working...
                              X