X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEMA day 2 by UrbanRacer.com

http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/a...asp?a=1164&z=1

Drift
    Drifting remains a huge topic in the sport compact performance community and companies, drivers, and enthusiasts made the buzz bigger than ever in Las Vegas.

Falken Drift and Azenis Product Launch
    The biggest drifting news came from proactive drift supporter Falken Tires. Falken announced the biggest sponsored group of drifters to date – with 12 prominent and up and coming drifters to burn Falken rubber at drift competitions across the country.

The big surprises in the lineup included Vaughn Gittin Jr. in a second 2005 Ford Mustang to attack the drift tarmac (Toyo Tires announced Ken Gushi in a ‘Stang a day earlier). Gittin’s Mustang will not feature the supercharged Cobra motor like Gushi’s car though, but a supercharged factory engine is expected. Other surprises include Calvin Wan jumping from 240SX to Infiniti G35 and Chris Forsberg switching from his trademark 350Z to a S15 Nissan Silvia.

The twelve factory-supported drifters for 2005 are:
    Seigou Yamamoto in a Mazda FD3S RX-7
    Calvin Wan in an Infiniti G35
    Hubert Young in a Nissan S13 240SX
    Ben Schwartz in a Nissan S14 240SX
    Hiro Sumida in a Toyota AE86 Corolla
    Casper Canul in a Nissan S14 240SX
    Vaughn “JR” Gittin in a Ford Mustang
    Tony Angelo in a Mazda FD3S RX-7
    Ryan Hampton in a Nissan S13 240SX
    Chris Milano in a Nissan S13 240SX
    James Bondurant in a Nissan S13 240SX
    Chris Forsberg in a Nissan S15 240SX

Tied into the mega-drift program, Falken unleashed a world debut of a World Spec Azenis RT-615 tire designed to go toe-to-toe with premium JDM race-spec brands like Yokohama’s Advan and Bridgestone’s Potenza. The 615 is billed as a no compromise tire premium pure sports tire and has one of the most aggressive production tread patterns we’ve ever seen to match. The Azenis 615 will get the real world test on all of the sponsored drift cars mentioned above.

Falken also announce the start of a Formula D contingency sponsorship to award competitors running on Falken rubber.

Yokohama Tire ADVAN Product Launch
    Yokohama Tire President and CEO, Mr. Norio Karashima, announced that their 25-year old global flagship brand, ADVAN, will be brought to the U.S. market. Yokohama will bring over three lines of the ADVAN family which consists of the ADVAN Neova, the ADVAN Sport and the ADVAN S/T. The Neova will be available in sizes that will fit high-end performance sports cars and is designed for maximum grip under wet and dry conditions. The Sport is ADVAN's new flagship tire, which offers ultra-high-performance with ultra-high speed capabilities. The S/T is engineered for the ultra-high performance SUV market.

Yokohama also unveiled the Avid TRZ, an ultra premium touring tire and expanding the Parada from a single tire to a three tire lineup of tires. The Parada Concept-D, developed with D1 drivers, is engineered specifically for drifting. The PARADA Concept-SUV is geared for the new generation of SUV owners with big appetites for high-end custom wheels. The two concept tires can be seen along with the famed PARADA Spec-2, Yokohama's tire geared fpr the tuner market.

That’s it for now as we keep pounding the floors of the biggest SEMA Show in years. Check back for more coverage as we continue our daily updates from Las Vegas.

So ADVAN has finally decided to bring their Neovas to the states... those are the BEST tires in the WORLD!
    Never heard of their new Parada D tire before, wonder if they're gonna out perform Neovas...

Comment

So I dont have to order from Japan thank god.

Comment

Re: SEMA day 2 by UrbanRacer.com

Originally posted by my 1 88 u
        Falken Drift and Azenis Product Launch
        The biggest drifting news came from proactive drift supporter Falken Tires. Falken announced the biggest sponsored group of drifters to date – with 12 prominent and up and coming drifters to burn Falken rubber at drift competitions across the country.

Tied into the mega-drift program, Falken unleashed a world debut of a World Spec Azenis RT-615 tire designed to go toe-to-toe with premium JDM race-spec brands like Yokohama’s Advan and Bridgestone’s Potenza. The 615 is billed as a no compromise tire premium pure sports tire and has one of the most aggressive production tread patterns we’ve ever seen to match. The Azenis 615 will get the real world test on all of the sponsored drift cars mentioned above.
        This is a very ballsey move by Falken though... Geez... How many drivers are the proactively sponsering?

Last edited by Craftsman; 11-04-2004, 06:06 PM.

Comment

those new azenis are also good news for autoxers in st, stx, sts, etc class. more sizes to boot!

Comment

Re: Re: SEMA day 2 by UrbanRacer.com

Originally posted by Craftsman
            This is a very ballsey move by Falken though... Geez... How many drivers are the proactively sponsering?

Those name that are mention are the main sponsors, trailer, food etc...

But I know there are more Drivers that is tire sponsored by Falken.

-Al

Comment

i hope the new azeines last more than 3 laps on the track which 2 of them are needed for warm up than after the 3rd it sucks. There great auto x tires other than that they arn't the greatest they suck at drifting too. So hopefully they made them better but probaly expensive now

Oh and why is it that half of the falken drivers blow

Comment

Originally posted by tonesdef

Oh and why is it that half of the falken drivers blow

Why dont you go ahead and elaborate on the quote M.SCHUMACHER...... Pretty bold and cocky bro. What events will you be showing up to this year??? I would love to see you against any of our guys......

JR
                www.driftalliance.com
                TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Originally posted by j.r.
                  Why dont you go ahead and elaborate on the quote M.SCHUMACHER...... Pretty bold and cocky bro. What events will you be showing up to this year??? I would love to see you against any of our guys......

JR

if this is vaughen gritten (spelled really bad) your good i like you. But please ben schwartz and calvin wan they suck. I saw ben imperson at RS*R he drove my buddies car and was a prick. Calvin wan loop master i think soo. If FD comes to chciago i will be there so will the rest of my buddies tearing it up so i will see you there.

Comment

hrmm ahahah hey tones, since your such an amazing driver, can you throw up any pictures of videos of you even drifting

Comment

Actually Calvin And Ben are Amazing drivers. I totaly cant imagine Ben being a prick ever as he is very humble and cool as hell..

Just because some one may or may not place well in a event doesnt mean they "BLOW". Humans have bad days.

You may not "like" them but you also dont realize the extent of thier skill, the passion they have for this sport and the time they invest and have invested in the growth of this sport in America which has helped in paving the way for up and coming drivers (possibly you) . And for you to talk Sh!T on those 2 drivers in paticular is a great display of ignorance on your part. Think before you make yourself look like an A$$.

FD will be in the Chicago and we will def see you there. Stop by our booth and Let Calvin and Ben know you think they suck.....

Keep Rocking .....

JR
                      Last edited by j.r.; 11-05-2004, 10:12 PM.
                      www.driftalliance.com
                      TEAM FALKEN

Comment

Originally posted by j.r.
                        Actually Calvin And Ben are Amazing drivers. I totaly cant imagine Ben being a prick ever as he is very humble and cool as hell..

Just because some one may or may not place well in a event doesnt mean they "BLOW". Humans have bad days.

You may not "like" them but you also dont realize the extent of thier skill, the passion they have for this sport and the time they invest and have invested in the growth of this sport in America which has helped in paving the way for up and coming drivers (possibly you) . And for you to talk Sh!T on those 2 drivers in paticular is a great display of ignorance on your part. Think before you make yourself look like an A$$.

FD will be in the Chicago and we will def see you there. Stop by our booth and Let Calvin and Ben know you think they suck.....

Keep Rocking .....

JR
                        OHHHH tone he just said that your mom wears army boots. and ya what you said was really stupid you deffinetly put your foot in your mouth, i hope you go out to the show in chicago and get F8ked up or try and drive and suck soo bad they just take your car keys

Comment

werd JR! It's john from driftspeed/yashio factory, I was trying to help calvin get his damn intercooler hose to stay on in the finals; and made the FD movie. You guys hardly blow, calvin has come so far, and so have you. You guys truely are a team and look out for each other, sacrificing a car to a downed teammate, or whatever it takes for the betterment of the team. I'm really anxious to see what you guys can do with the new cars, bringing the skill level even higher. I'll be there to film it all and bring this madness to the internet-kids to put them in their place!

Comment

i hope you get torn up

Comment

are you serious, Calvin does not suck, i mean he finished fourth overall and has been rocking since i dont know when, and ben is a rockstar, actually he is like the gentlest giant i have ever seen, lol i love that kid. That kid is tall as *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* and always has a smile on his face

Comment

Working...
                              X