S13 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S13 help

i currently own a 1989 conquest TSI(mitsubishi starion) and i'm probobly selling it this week. i'm looking at getting a S13. i'm sure i can find a coupe for cheap... and i know a guy who will sell me a SR20DET swap for 800 bucks complete. i could throw the motor in at my auto class..... how ever, i'm also going to be in a suspension and steering class.... so i could be putting the money into the suspension of the car rather than the motor....
    now my question is, what would you put the money into? engine or suspension? of course the car will be set up for drift....i'm still kinda contemplating keeping the conquest for drift.... but i like the look of the S13 more

Neither.

Get some seat time.

Comment

i know i need seat time. but i was wondering what i should do as far as setting the car up.... i figure i could do suspension and LSD first and get used to the car... then get a sr20 and drop it in... i'm also contemplating another AE86.... i'm also going to join the scca and stuff.... i want to get into some real track racing.... i've always loved racing, and swingind donuts... and drifting just seems like natural progression.

Comment

that it is....what year s13 are you thinking? cause if its a 90 or older, i would consider the sr20 since its cheap and all from that guy.

however, if it is 91 and up, i would go with the suspension and lsd.

Comment

i like the look of the 91+ better. however i'd prolly get what i can take. i'm also really considering a GTS... by doing alot more research i think whatever car i get i should invest in a good LSD first...

Comment

89-92 s13's all look the same dont they?...maybe some exterior changes but not much difference...now if ur talkin about an s14 kouki if i can find one in florida (well.. 97 240sx)...ill prolly buy it...take it home...and caress it... oh yeah..whats the latest year the s13 came in...92?

Comment

the last year was '94 for all 180sx and s13 in the states. the difference between the 89-90 and 91-94 is the exterior and the powerplant....

89-90: had the vented front bumper with square turn signals

ka24d SOHC 12 valve

91-94: no vented, but rather the smooth front bumper with tear shaped turn signals

ka24de DOHC 16 valve

Comment

the last year was '94 for all 180sx and s13 in the states. the difference between the 89-90 and 91-94 is the exterior and the powerplant....

ka24d SOHC 12 valve

91-94: no vented, but rather the smooth front bumper with tear shaped turn signals

ka24de DOHC 16 valve

Comment

ka24d SOHC 12 valve

91-94: had the smooth front bumper w/ tear shaped turn signals

ka24de DOHC 16 valve

Comment

i think i'm keeping the conquest now.... some guy checked my car out today.... and then i drove it, i thought "damn this car is *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*ing cool" and now i don't wanna sell it. if he gives me the 4500 i'm asking then i'll sell it, otherwise i'm keepin it...

Comment

Working...
                    X