K car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K car

ok don't flame me for this but what is a k car and why is it called that?

k=kings
    q=queens

but i dont know what it means either

Comment

a k car is a classification of car, like sport compact or luxury. examples are the old mini coopers or the suzuki alto works. I think they have to have less than 100 hp to be called a k car, but im not sure.

Comment

K car can also be just about anything Chrysler made in the eighties. Aries, reliant, caravan, omni, duster, shadow, daytona. Aside from trucks anything from 1980-1992 as a K car derivitive.

Comment

aaaah i should pay more attention in Grand Torismo 3, i think they actually explain it in there as well. ok, So here's one for you why is the 90 240sx called the s13? Is it the 13th model Silvia?

Comment

In Japan, K-cars are really small cars with displacements under 660cc and have 3 or 4 cylinders. If you drive one of these cars in Japan, the government gives you a special tax break for the low emissions and gas consumption. Most K cars are economy cars and dont go really fast. However some are turbocharged and have pretty good handling characteristics. My favorite K-car is the Mazda AZ-1.

Comment

i think its actually 86 or 87 hp, but torque limits are endless. imagine 80 hp and 120lb/ft torque in a little car... mmm... sexy...

Comment

www.relientk.com
                best band ever, have a song called kcar on their 1st album, but they are talking about the 80s mopar poopmobiles which were "k cars" as well as the japanese microcars.

Comment

Originally posted by Ris4drift
                  www.relientk.com
                  best band ever, have a song called kcar on their 1st album, but they are talking about the 80s mopar poopmobiles which were "k cars" as well as the japanese microcars.
                  lol basically a christian blink 182 imo

but anyway, k cars is actually kei cars if youre speaking about the ones in Japan. i think it means small or lightweight, or something like that.

Comment

wow so i guess the chevy Sprint i had was a K car then, it was a 3 cylinder turbo with 90 hp stock, but when i pushed 20 psi of boost through it it FLEW! i beleive it was actually manufactured by suzuki.

Comment

Mazda made some "Kei" (that's how it was spelled) cars that were powered by 6A single rotor engines. I don't know if it could be that car...

Comment

scion xb = k car

Comment

Originally posted by variant
                          scion xb = k car
                          not really they are "big" compared to real kei cars, and they have over 100 hp, can some one give me the actual hp?

Comment

Oh man!!! Sprints Rule!

Comment

Originally posted by Xantos
                              not really they are "big" compared to real kei cars, and they have over 100 hp, can some one give me the actual hp?

Comment

Working...
                              X