Chris Kam in "Import Tuner"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Kam in "Import Tuner"

Did anyone happen to see Chris Kam in the most recent issue of Import Tuner?

-MR

If this is the Chris Kam I'm thinking of, then CONGRATS MAN!!!

Comment

I dont read IT, but ill go check it out.

Comment

chris kam, the "kam"aro chris kam?? thats hella cool

Comment

lots of people from hawaii were in it...

Comment

Yeah, the "kam-aro" complete with funky multi-directional front splitter. I didn't see anyone else that I recognized - Why no pitcures of CrazyHawaiian or Matto?

Also, I think maybe the magazine is called "Import Racer!" - it's whoever put out that one-time issue of "drifting"

-MR

Comment

crazy hawaiin

ATTN: crazyhawaiin

hey, were u guys featured in car and driver a while back??

i caught that issue in my school library like 2 years ago and i think they had a pik of your car in it

Comment

Oh, was this the issue that covered the Signal Auto event? Or is this a new one covering Drift Showoff? Car and Driver came down to our drift session once in 2002. I asked the guy if he wanted to ride and he said NO (lol!). I think the article ended up in the August 2002 issue (Blue 350z on the cover, article was 'Car Surfing' or something). I actually thought it was a bad atricle. I dont know why they compared us to Jackass and stuff, I mean we consider this a real sport so that kind of sucked. The car you saw was Revlimit. He has the white one. Revlimit is the more well known of the domestic drifters here in Hawaii. He has been in Car and Driver, Battle Magazine, Option 2, and now Import Tuner/Racer. He's a peyamp!! I dont think I've ever been in any magazines, probably because my car was stock at the time or I was too busy spinning out (who knows). No matter to me though because I do it more for fun than anything else. I have not been in any recent comps because my car is down. I gutted it and pulled the motor like 6 months ago, but then some other things came up (went low on funds, then sold my house and moved) and its been sitting since then. I dont think I've hit the track in almost a year now, been kinda out-of-it. But not to worry. Just this past weekend we started working on it again. Car should be done by end of Feb 2004 if we keep pace. Hope to get back in the groove. Look for the black Camaro (same body style) around the beginning of next year.

Comment

the people who ran the Drift Showoff here are not people i want to support so i didnt attend.

first event i missed in 3 years...

Comment

hey don't forget about just cause i drive ff. but then again who wants to rember about me because I drive an ff

Comment

CRAZY:
                      It's good to hear that you'll be getting back to doing what you love.

There has been a lot of bum publicity about US drifting, it seems like all that C+D cares about anymore is which company can give them the largest kickback rather than the love or motoring. Now everybody and their brother is getting a "Project Drift _____" in their magazine (which doesn't annoy me) but then they build the thing and take it to the track and can't hold a corner for their lives (which does, since it's more about the driver than the car). This was the case in SCC or Super Street or one of those publications which I normally find pretty decent.

I'd really like to see a domestic magazine that is straight up about the whole sport and "culture" (for those who hold it to be important)

Here's a thought:
                      If I were to start a Zine or E-zine, would people here contribute to it with articles and pictures?

-MR

Comment

I wasn't shocked to see SCC have a silvia project.They began over two years ago with a junkyard car,Blacktop,none other than from the junkyard.They were pretty much showing how to bang on a budget,with different goals in mind each time such as making 12's,less wheel spin etc.Then taking it out to the Drift event,nothing wrong with.It's not like they started the projecy inspite of the D1 series,because it was started before.But what made me almost piss my pants was Super Street.I remember before Summer they had the Alpine Civic car as their cover car.They were talking all about the ICE,hot import nights,and and HIN.Last month I see Katsuhiros car on the cover,odd.Look through it,I see Signal,D1,them with Ueo,and all of a sudden a project Silvia.A few months ago they were all about show,now they have a Silvia project with goals of almost 400hp,SCC is a more broad magazine,so them taking out their project car for fun wasn't a shocker,its not like it was a drift project to begin with.But Super Street changing quicker then you can blink,that was something else.

Comment

Yeah I could help out with some articles for an E-Zine. I hope Hot Rod will pick up some drift stuff. The magazine has tons of info on it that cover the basics. They tell you how cams, turbos, tires, wegiht reduction and all kinds of things affect your car. Basic things that work on all cars. Also if Mustang Muscle and Fast Fords gets ahold of the drifting craze they will definitely do it right. Evan J Smith (an editor) not only knows about stangs he can drive 'em too.

Comment

Working...
                          X