are cressidas good drift cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are cressidas good drift cars?

theres a local guy selling one for $1000, i got his number, but havent called him, all I know is that its an 86

also, is there much aftermarket support for this car? did some searching and found threads mentioning putting supra engines but im a complete newb in this area.. still reading

Comment

Well...... Cressidas and Chasers are built on the same platform.... but i would think that most of your parts would have to be shipped from japan. I have heard storys of supra power Cresitas also but i dont know much about them.... would be a cool old skool car to drift tho

Comment

well i searched on google and found tons of info, im now awaiting the flames

Comment

import from japan = expensive right?

i would like to do this on a budget.. still reading more and more though.

Comment

I dont think you'll be able to look as flashy as the Cressidas drifting in Japan, but I'm sure you could make it a solid drift car. If I wasnt a domestic guy I might have built one myself. junkyard 7M motor and all.

Comment

yea, the american cresida isn't as good looking as the japanese counterpart, chaser, but it's still a nice car to drift.

i sya go for it, only 1k it has a the 7mge, find a junkyard tubro kit off a 7mgte and your set...u might as well jack the LSD and everything else off a junked supra

Comment

an 86 cressida has a 5m.. not a 7m

Comment

sorry for the mis handing out of information...there was a thread on this awhile ago...search...it outta have more information

Comment

seems like crissidas share quite a few parts with the supras, how would the supras do for drifting?

crissidas seem heavy too? at least compared to a 2800lb s13.. i think i read they were like 3400lb

Comment

go here for some info on parts such as suspension and lsd for an mx83 (89-92)..
                      http://www.jzx81.net
                      sorry, dont know much bout the mx73 cause i only wanted an mx83
                      http://www.toyotacressida.com has a good forum where people can answer your questions

Comment

Working...
                      X