I curbed my car HARD!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I curbed my car HARD!!!

Check out what happened to one of my wheels!
    Attached Files

noooooooooo!!!! they were sooo so nice too. sorry to hear that man! can you get that welded back together?

Comment

how fast were you going? thats some wicked damage....anything wrong with the suspension after that?

Comment

yeah the alignment is way off and it feels like I bent a rotor. The brake peddle moves up and down and the car wobbles but only when I apply brakes. hopefully I didn't bend an axle.

I was going about 30 mph sideways. It was a really tight space and I really shouldn't have went for it. I think the wheel ripped like that because the rears were spinning really fast like 6500-6800 rpm. Ah well I still have 4 of these wheels that was my spare

BTW, it wouldn't be worth it to reweld. Aluminum is hard to do correctly and the wheel would just crack later on.

Comment

what kind of wheels are those?

Comment

Re: I curbed my car HARD!!!

Originally posted by aphxero
            Check out what happened to one of my wheels!
            nice... what are you riding?

Comment

ok wow, that sucks *Censored**Censored**Censored*.

Comment

SilverGhost: you see where the wheel says ADVAN on it right?

BTW, here's my car info:

http://www.wanganmidnight.com/forums...&CODE=12&CID=5

Comment

Damn what kind of curb was that? hahah I only ask because I curbed the pass rear on my Camaro going 40mph (hard enough to get air) and the rim only had a small crack. Car didnt break either!

Comment

That curb was at least 6 inches tall. I bought new rear rotors today so hopefully that'll solve the problem. Tip for ae86 owners, NAPA sells rear rotors for $13.99 each

Comment

nice..so they are advans....i didint look at them hardenough to see the name on the side till now.... lol. how much those cost?

Comment

Yep it's a bent axle. Time to spend some $$$.

Comment

Nice car! sorry to hear that it was the axle, and don't feel to bad my friend just did the same thing only in a duster and since the car isn't as well made as a toyota he has alot more damge(sub frame just to name one of his problems).

Good luck hope your up and running soon.

Comment

Yeah i got lucky on the damage. I'll be on the road again in like 3 days no sweat. And sorry to hear about your friend's car

Comment

Yeah i got lucky on the damage. I'll be on the road again in like 3 days no sweat.

Comment

Working...
                              X