Finally in Japan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally in Japan!

I'm finally all moved in to Japan. I went out the other day looking for my car, "S15" of 'course. Found a dealer ship with a couple of them. As a matter of fact I got lost in my town just walking around looking for a used car dealership. But, on the positive note, I did find a dealership that I suppose, sells exclusively Cefiros. They have one, some-what hooked up for fairly cheap. About 7k! Cool thing is that it already has "Bride" seats and a roll cage! From what the windsheild said, it also came with a nismo lsd, tein something or other, hks ....., and .......! So it seemed like a pretty cool deal. Only thing is that, I really want a S15!!! That's one of the main reasons I came here. Anyways back to the S15 I'm thinking of buying! It's looking like it might cost me around 15k. I don't really care. That's how much I want to own one.

So what does everybody think I should do to it first? LSD is a given! I'll probably go with a nismo(quiet), kaaz(More contact surface), or a cusco(adjustable 2way, 1.5way.1 way). What does everybody suggest I do as the next upgrade. And please don't tell me to get some tires. That's somewhat of commmen sense.
    Plus I've been reading some of the post's on the site. I have somewhat of a plan, but it be nice to hear other people's advise. I don't mind any type of criticism! + or -

I'd say pimp the cefiro but if its the s15 u want...

go with it stock for awhile, get use to the car and then think about other modifications....take it easy cowboy...

o and congrats on getting to japan safe and sound

Comment

How did you end up in Japan?? What town are you in?

JDMSILVIA

Comment

I would say go out and meet the locals first before you go dropping 15k on a car. You may find somewhere they get em from that has em cheaper. Learn the language enough to get across what you want to say and then get your new friends to help you out. You'll get alot more car for your money.

Comment

man you lucky bastage.. let me come and live in your closet! be sure to post pics of whatever car you end up buying

Comment

Thanks every 1! Yeah im in atsugi base. Military! When I first saw the cefiro I almost changed my mind. But S15 is waiting for me at the end of the tunnel. I can almost see the light. You guys are right though. I will take it easy and get used to the car.

Comment

take some pics while ur at it. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                I would say go out and meet the locals first before you go dropping 15k on a car. You may find somewhere they get em from that has em cheaper. Learn the language enough to get across what you want to say and then get your new friends to help you out. You'll get alot more car for your money.
                like always this mofoo has the word...

btw eat some sushi n rice for meeee!!!

Comment

Originally posted by destrojn
                  Thanks every 1! Yeah im in atsugi base. Military! When I first saw the cefiro I almost changed my mind. But S15 is waiting for me at the end of the tunnel. I can almost see the light. You guys are right though. I will take it easy and get used to the car.
                  i have been thinking about the navy lately. what are you in, how is the pay, how much free time do you get, is basic training very hard, and would be hard to get a job as a mechanic in the military in general? lol sorry about all the questions <8- )

Comment

Hey if you are interested in the navy, I recommend it. Boot camp? It's almost like going to summer camp. I'm a mech. on aircraft. Right now I'm working with the hawkeye. (Propellers) I just got here, so I don't quite know how much free time we get in general. But at my last command it almost felt like a normal job.

Anybody else on these boards here in atsugi or near? It be pretty cool to all get together for some tea and biscuits!

Comment

I did 4 years in the Navy during Desert Storm. The boot camp is a joke, he is right. Bout like taking an 8 week vacation where you have to get up early. As for free time, it all depends on the ship or base you go to. Our ship was the only ship in the fleet with 6 section duty, which means that you had to be on the ship for 24 hours once every 6 days, and that was in overseas ports too. Right after I left, the new captain went to 3 section. Boo. It was awesome. Went to Ireland and just had to check in every morening for 5 days. Oh the fun.

If you go in the Navy, try to get a pre-com. A ship that is being built, I did and I got to go to the coolest freaking schools ever. Ships self defense force school, SERE school which is Search, Evasion, Resistance and Escape, Offensive driving school so that a couple of us could drive the Captain around and if he got ambushed we could drive out of it. Cool schools, plus got per diem pay for being in Maine, extra 600 a month. That's the best thing you can get.

Comment

i have been thinking about the navy lately. what are you in, how is the pay, how much free time do you get, is basic training very hard, and would be hard to get a job as a mechanic in the military in general? lol sorry about all the questions <8- )
                        Dude, if you are thinking of joining the armed forces, I would recommend the Air Force. You can pretty much go any where in the world, Japan included. It's much easier and a lot more free time, trust me!!! My brother is a corp man in the Navy and he's a slave... If he ain't doing he's work, he's doing gate guard duty, it sucks!!!
                        If you do sonsider the air force, just make sure you're not a cop, cause then you are screwed. The pay is the same in all branch of services and if you are in Japan, you get extra $$ (COLA allowance) anywhere from 200-up a month. It all depends on how many people you have as a dependent. It's cool man...
                        Damn I sound like a recruiter, but I'm not...LOL

JDMSILVIA

Comment

well back to the subject, anybody near me that would like to get together? Oh yeah where would be a good place to put my pitures so that their accesible by everyone? by pasting them here or linking them?

Comment

i hate u .....................

lol j/k hey man thats awesome that u got urself 2 japan, good luck on finding the cars u want, and since ur going about dealerships take some damn picks of the cars so u can post em on here and we can all envy u! good luck in japan and on ur s15 purchase

Comment

o man japan you are soo lucky
                              skylines but the s15!!!!! you are so lucky

Comment

Working...
                              X