Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i buy this?

i posted this in the noob section but i figured not everyone read that

yo my friend has 89 or 90 240 with a blown motor and auto tranny...should i buy his car(he said he mite be able to sell it for 500$) should i buy it and do the sr20det swap?

but i have some questions about the swap. would i be able to use the belts and some of the misc parts needed for the swap?is the swap hard or should i let a shop do it?

would i need a boost controller(as in electroincs)?or any other turbo stuff or does that come with the swap?

also how reliable would this swap be?

ill give him 250bucks...now a day its kinda common(sr swap.) and if you havnt done any thing bout cars or engines,take it to a shop....and let emī work...

Comment

it should be easy, just check the price on doing to job and if it is cheaper than buying one that all ready has all the work done then go for it, just rember you are going to need to up grade your brakes and supenstion as well

Comment

dont forget that the sr20det swap is signifigantly more difficult in the 89-90 than in a 1991+ 240sx. a search will provide more details.

Comment

ok kool i asked a local shop wat theyd charge for labor and i have to call tomarow to find out. but would i have to buy any electronics for the turbo? thats one of my main concerns. and i plan on upgrading suspension and brakes...also will i be able to use some of the misc parts of the ka motor and swithch to the sr motor? around total what do you guys think i would spend? i hope to spend no more than 4 grand

Comment

i think you wil be pushing it to do all of it for $4000, you only need a boost controler if you plan to turn up the boost, you should get to computer and loom you need with the motor

Comment

i can get the swap for 1700...i saw it on a link someone posted on here and the car for 500-700$ and i dont plan on turnin the boost up just yet but i was just wondering if i need that and i still need to know if the belts and all the other parts needed for the swap will switch from the stock 240 motor over to the sr20det if not how much does all the other misc stuff run for?

Comment

buy a half cut (the hole front half of a s13) and use all of the bits, we dont have the 2.4lt motor over here so i dont know, but i dont think it will all fit, think about it (are the engine part for a rb20 the same as a rb25.....no.

Comment

how much do the front clips run? or do you know since you live over there?

Comment

over here they are about $3750 aus dollars witch is about $2000 over there check out some importers over there

Comment

I think $500 is too much for that car specially automatic...
                      Give him $250 and get the sr motor, it will fit right on with some mods to the wiring harness. I've seen the whole package for $1500 on ebay, so try that first. I would recommend a shop though if you are not experience in mechanics. I would hook you up with the parts, but it cost too much to ship an engine from Japan. Good luck!!

JDMSILVIA
                      www.toyhonjdmsports.50megs.com

Comment

Working...
                      X