X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFS Commerical.

Just saw it on MTV. So *Censored**Censored**Censored*, all they say is

"drifting is out there"

and so some *Censored**Censored**Censored* *Censored**Censored**Censored*, riced up, craig leberman style cars. Theres a damn sentra drifting. Talk about mainstream

ouch.

kinda reminds me of when emo when mainstream.
    except that when emo broke I never really liked it.
    I guess I still don't.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron
      ouch.

kinda reminds me of when emo when mainstream.
      except that when emo broke I never really liked it.
      I guess I still don't.
      Main-stremo

Comment

kinda reminds me when punk rock went mainstream...and still is...stupid g.c. and avril lavigne...call themselves punk but theyre alternative....jeez....listen to rancid or somethin

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
          kinda reminds me when punk rock went mainstream...and still is...stupid g.c. and avril lavigne...call themselves punk but theyre alternative....jeez....listen to rancid or somethin
          The kids a time bomb. Used to listen to that in 7th grade. I dont even like music now.

Comment

ya, i hate that commercial. and all the others. they take a perfectly nice looking, normal sentra and rice the sh1t out of it. horrible. but i dont know about the gameplay, could be good. dont want to play it though.

Comment

what about the radio commericals for inital d?

BATTLE DOWN THE MOUTAIN LIKE TAKUMI!

Comment

Originally posted by markeese180sx
                bwahahahah! punk rock going mainstream with avril livigne and good charlotte! LOL. you missed the mark by about 5 years at the least bud. and its funny you mentioned rancid as your underground punk band. rancid getting signed to a major label was a major part in moving "punk" into the public's eye. thats why "you" know about them.

and to soultron, emos orgins sounded way different than what is considered emo now. what everyone calls emo now is what i call pop punk. i personally love emo, in the origional sense of the word. now i think it would be defined as emo-core. Bands like Rites of Spring (the origional emo band) is what i call emo. But i defenitely agree with you, "emo" or pop punk as i call it, sucks nuts. i hate nfg and all the other oldschool emo-kid wannabes.

Comment

Appleseed Cast?

Comment

i started listenin to rancid in 1998..first "punk" band i listened to..i grew up on country..then my friend andy gave me "let's go" and "and out comes the wolves"...and i liked it...then looked back on operation ivy...agnostic front...and some GlOw SkUlLs...but now im turning ska...some reel big fish and less than jake like a mug...who said rancid was underground? they made videos...as some people call "SELLING OUT"..but they still kick *Censored**Censored**Censored*...when did they sign with hell cat records? i only thought they were epitaph? i looked on my rancid 2000 cd and it said hell cat records..yes...new-school emo blows big nuts...nfg sounds like guys that havent gone through puberty...i love it...but u gotta say...since avril lavigne and gc...along with the blink 182 started making new cds...everyone started wearing studded belts and spikes...it looks retarded

Comment

New school emo is really emo. Its guys with tight shirts and thick sunglases combing there hair to the side singing a semi-pop song about how there girlfriend left them. Real "emo" is really depressing music and no one seems to get that.Listen to bands like mineral or far.For the rancid coments.I used to love them.Lets go is such a good album I hated it when they wnet ska though.thats my 2 cents.WOW i just look at waht jblod said.Im retarded

Comment

Originally posted by jdmdrewS14
                        New school emo is really emo. Its guys with tight shirts and thick sunglases combing there hair to the side singing a semi-pop song about how there girlfriend left them. Real "emo" is really depressing music and no one seems to get that.
                        do u mean new school emo isn't really emo? dude...it doesnt seem right with rancid playing ska...its great how nofx played ska and covered "ska sucks" a few years after they stopped playing ska..j-blood is right about the emo...but whats wrong with blasting the ska? its fun to play ska on the guitar...so stylish and fast ya know

Comment

"Indie sucks, Hardline sucks, Emo sucks, you suck!" ~ Anti-Flag

Comment

ya markeese, you mentioned some good bands, operation ivy is one of my favorites, agnostic front, minor threat, and distillers are irrefuteably punk too, and none of those are sell outs. when operation ivy broke up and tim and matt went to rancid, i had high hopes, but then they found their way into the music mainstream, thats when their music shifted its style (to fit public demand). rancid is still good live though, when they play thier older songs.

and personally i like some ska. the specials especially, they are the origionators of ska as we know it. good stuff

and as for wildse7en, you forgot "the goverment sucks!" lol. I say anti-flag live once with the bouncing souls (another awesome band). it was hella crazy.

and btw i recently saw the dropkick murpheys live. it was awwwesome, i love those dudes....

Comment

I just thought I'd send a few holla backs to some folks. CHECK IT!!

"Main-stremo"
                              funnie!

"and personally i like some ska. the specials especially, they are the origionators of ska as we know it. good stuff"

The specials?
                              they were the originators of ska?
                              you might as well say the drift king invented racing.
                              Ska is real old man. like from olden times. like cave man days.
                              actually not really, but the specials were in the early eighties.
                              good though, definetly good. Early ska is from jamaica.
                              You might like some of that too.

" and to soultron, emos orgins sounded way different than what is considered emo now. what everyone calls emo now is what i call pop punk. i personally love emo, in the origional sense of the word. now i think it would be defined as emo-core. Bands like Rites of Spring (the origional emo band) is what i call emo. But i defenitely agree with you, "emo" or pop punk as i call it, sucks nuts. i hate nfg and all the other oldschool emo-kid wannabes."

So?

Comment

Working...
                              X