where're my awd drifters/aniki's at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where're my awd drifters/aniki's at?

what up ya'll. though i didn't have time, i decided to join a forum. its my first post, so i'll introduce myself... i'm a japanese/filipino guy in fl. right now i'm studying to become a teacher in japan in the JET program. i drive an eclipse 91 gsx. you might wonder "all wheel drive? you whack..." yeah... i actually learned how to drift not too long ago when there was hurricane charlie... the streets were empty and the ground was nice a moist (the hurricane never hit tampa) and i just took the car out and drifted to my hearts desire. no, i'm not too good at it, most of the time, the drift won't really come out right. and on the second hurricane (frances i think it was... there were too many names for me to remember) the car understeered because my angle of entry was too close and the car just drifted in a straight line and i broke my front right wheel and control arm but i got it fixed. however, the front right part of the car is too soft and the wheel rubs really bad on left turn drifts, so i've been trying to drift only the the right now, haha... anyways, there's been a dry spell lately and the only place i can drift at is at some remote place some lakeland back roads with plenty of sand on the street... its enough for me to loose some traction and initiate a drift, soo...

anyway, if there are any all wheel drivers out there, i'd like to hear from ya'lls wisdom... as you can see, i've only been doing this for a year (my other car was a 3000gt sl single turbo if you want pics, just lemme know, did the swap in a shop in orlando... anyways, i drifted in that in the rain too) any words of advice, or if you just wanna holler or flame me or whatever... if you japanese, or live in japan, holla at me! i'll be moving to yokohama(perhaps) in three years after i finish school! ja-na!

kusano

Hey man, I live in FL too. A Few hours south of you but still...

I'm not a drifter, yet. Still trying to get a car... Got into it when I spun my FWD out and almost regained control =P. Funny enough, that was enough excitment to make me look into it... To bad I don't have a FR car to have fun in, and the FWD isn't mine so I can't go drifting it.

Anywho, hey, if you ever find any good tracks to go sideways on, let me know. I haven't had much luck at all, but I live down in Fort Lauderdale so I don't know any place up there... But I'd be willing to drive up there to go sideways without having to worry about Police .

But hey, there is a thread on this board about AWD Drifting...

AWD Drifting Tech[nique] - A Difinitive Guide

Welcome to the board!

Comment

Working...
    X