Go Back   DRIFTING.com > EVENTS and MEETS > EVENTS and MEETS Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

knoxville, TN Drift?

This is a discussion on knoxville, TN Drift? within the EVENTS and MEETS Forum forums, part of the EVENTS and MEETS category; If their is anyone in Knoxville, TN that can help a noob (me) find a track to practice or even ...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
jtarules89
User

Talking knoxville, TN Drift?

If their is anyone in Knoxville, TN that can help a noob (me) find a track to practice or even get lessons, it would be great...
jtarules89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
P.Haire

Send a message via AIM to P.Haire
nope, sorry.
P.Haire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:12 PM   #3
jtarules89
User

Cool thanks......

Thanks for your input... I just wish their was a track near me somewhere... Even in like North Carolina, Alabama, and or even Kentucky...
Old 01-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #4
lomm
User

we get some small events around nashville every now and again . but its usulay when its warm about once a month
lomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
conspire

Send a message via AIM to conspire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtarules89 View Post
Thanks for your input... I just wish their was a track near me somewhere... Even in like North Carolina, Alabama, and or even Kentucky...
Saturday, February 23rd, VIRginia International Raceway, it's on the North Carolina/Virginia border.
conspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 12:35 AM   #6
RobbyStyle

im w lomm. nashvilles pretty much few and far between. if only there was some monthly or even bi-monthly event here, itd be sick.

if youre ever up around nashville, lemme know. we'll meet up and get something together. by god.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #7
JonnySlick

Location: Just Moved to Crossville, TN from Las Vegas ... wow what a change!
Send a message via Yahoo to JonnySlick
^ Yeah ... totally what he said ... Crossville, TN here ...

I KNOW we'd have to be able to set something up ... everytime I drive through Knoxville on the way to NC I see a Nissan, Toyota, or Mazda with drift stickers and stuff on it ...

So some people in the TN area have to be interested in it. Just got to figure out how to get them all together. But that's a side project I'm working on *wink*
JonnySlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
jwoo

Send a message via AIM to jwoo Send a message via Yahoo to jwoo
I hung out there, youd figure with all the mt roads there would be some events org. wish you guys the best. Probably be able to pull something off soon. some one should make a Smokeymtdrifters.com or something
jwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
JonnySlick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoo View Post
I hung out there, youd figure with all the mt roads there would be some events org. wish you guys the best. Probably be able to pull something off soon. some one should make a Smokeymtdrifters.com or something

totally ...
Old 03-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #10
swampslide615

hey, im in nashville T.N and im trying to form a team, i got 2 or 3 buddies up here that wanna do some touge about 3 times a month and in case anyone doesnt know
WE HAVE AMAZING MOUNTAINS HERE
but really, anyone in the Tennessee area wanna do some touge, or just chill?
let me know
__________________________________________________ _______________
SWAMPLAND
Old 03-05-2008, 01:45 PM   #11
swampslide615

oh and at tennessee super speed way you can pay 50 bucks i think and run your car, i ran my s13 there before some asshole ran into it, but yea i told them i just wanted to run my car and when my back end started to swing out they got a little pissed "too much smoke" they said lol
newayz i think with a little pushing on the matter we could see some drift events here
illegal or legal
__________________________________________________ ____________
SWAMPLAND
Old 03-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #12
JonnySlick

^ since the move i'm switching gears from desert racing back to drift mode ... but i'm down totally. what you guys drive?

i'm not sure if i want another S13 again, or a Road&Star, or something all together i've not done before. i was thinking euro for a while ... but i'm leaning towards a S13 or S14 ... or a cressy if i can find a sweet one ...

anywho .. let me know i'm wanting another touge team rolling myself. i've missed it for WAYYYY too long!

maybe we could run 1x a month down near nashville, another time up toward's knoxville ... and then every couple of months we HAVE to hit up NC .. those are the sickest in America. F so-cal ... NC is where it's at!
Old 03-06-2008, 12:38 PM   #13
swampslide615

hahah yeh the NC mountains pwn
i had an s13 with an sr20 in it but some idiot decided to drive on the wrong side of the road on a dwonhill hairpin an destroy my baby
im buyin an 87 supra this weekend but ive been rollin in a altima the past few weeks lol
but im so ready to get back out there and do a little clutch kickin

what do u got jonny?
__________________________________________________ _______________
SWAMPLAND
Old 07-25-2008, 11:38 PM   #14
jtarules89
User

Talking man.....

And I thought drifting was not popular around me... LOL.... what was I thinking? Anyway, I have not really been drifting before, but I have watched the Drift Bible movie like a 100 times or more. So if some one could help me out. As in a place to meet and practice it would be grand, you may contact me through yahoo instant messanger any time at jtarules89tn. Or aol instant messanger at jtakapeaches. thanks in advance guys... Also I am thinking of getting a 240sx for my 1st drift car, any ideas if this is a great car for a noob drifter?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #15
nemesis91101

Send a message via MSN to nemesis91101
I wud luv to try my hand at touge. I'm in cumberland county (crossville) bout and hour and a half from nashville. We don't have many twisting roads but the couple we have I luv hauling on. I don't like cutting curves during the day might hit an oncoming car so I usually just ride the apex I know I'm supposed to cut but I'm not gonna risk a head on collision lol. I'd like to meet other 240 owners I only know 2 in this town and they have sr20s (still saving for mine) I'd be down for a meet if I don't have school or work.
nemesis91101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:38 PM   #16
Nick Jeezy

southeastdrift.com

there are a good about of events in ga.
Nick Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #17
nemesis91101

Dang I missed the nashville event on there I had work I wanted to watch granted I like to slide around in town wen no ones lookin I don't have the tires for an event like that n I prolly wudnt be that good scratch that prolly not good at all lol. I just pulled a good smooth burnout at my friends after installing the spl aluminum bushings for the wheel hop so I might be takin her to the strip to see what she run after those n the kaaz install. If anyone in knoxville with a 240 or corolla or rx7 etc wanna meet up n shoot sh!t post it I only know where the mall is lol dunno the city hardly. Crossville doesn't have but like less than 10 240s two have sr's mine has more done than the other 7 and only 2 or 3 fcs here and one ae86 that I know of driven by a redneck lol
Old 04-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #18
JonnySlick

Got a new TN forum up last month for us TN guys ...

www.TNdrift.com
Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #19
JonnySlick

Any chance you know the "redneck" with the AE86? I'm looking to pick another car up.

www.TNdrift.com
Old 03-27-2010, 12:57 AM   #20
nemesis91101

ha I was told he won't sell it. Anywho drifting has been canceled at the NASHVILLE super speedway for the remainder of the year who knows if its forever. Some douche nozzles vandalized the offices by the bathrooms so if anyone knows of events happening anywhere else post here and help us Tennessee guys out cuz that's where all our events where at this year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: