Go Back   DRIFTING.com > General Forum > Pictures and Video Clips
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bicycle drifting

This is a discussion on Bicycle drifting within the Pictures and Video Clips forums, part of the General Forum category; lol, pretty funny! DGTRIALS is giving $100 dollars to 1st place winners. Next thing you know you'll see drifting motorcycles. ...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-26-2004, 08:45 PM   #1
s0nny80y
"Dulas Daanan"

Send a message via AIM to s0nny80y
Bicycle drifting

lol, pretty funny! DGTRIALS is giving $100 dollars to 1st place winners. Next thing you know you'll see drifting motorcycles. Nice.
s0nny80y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:47 PM   #2
markeese180sx

yeah..motorcycles motorcross but dont drift...but seeing those dirt bikes sliding around is awesome
markeese180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:50 PM   #3
bdjoe
Finger for Posterity

I guess safety is of no concern with these guys.. helmets maybe??
Oh, I get it.. they must be rebels or something..
They're above the law.
The laws of physics don't apply to them, man.
bdjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 08:59 PM   #4
assout

Flat dirt track racing on motorcycles is about as close as you can get to drifting on a motor bike
assout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:03 PM   #5
s0nny80y
"Dulas Daanan"

Send a message via AIM to s0nny80y
Quote:
Originally posted by bdjoe
I guess safety is of no concern with these guys.. helmets maybe??
Oh, I get it.. they must be rebels or something..
They're above the law.
The laws of physics don't apply to them, man.
nah man, dgtrials says helmets required along with knee pads and stuff in order to compete.
s0nny80y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 09:04 PM   #6
driftersil80
GT3/KB2 Drift Master

Send a message via AIM to driftersil80
LOL!!! BRINGS BACK MEMORIES!!! About a year and a half ago me n my neighbor had these awesome bikes that you pedaled backwards to depress the brake. Back then I lived in Texas and it would rain alot. After it rained (or during) me n my neighbor would start at one end of the street and race all the way to the end. When we got to he end we were flyin so we would put in our brakes and SLAM our rear ends would pop out. Prolly one of the frickin scariest things Ive ever done. Bike drifting rules. But from what it look likes our little stunts werent as crazy as thos japanese dudes.
driftersil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 07:46 AM   #7
128d
AWD (all wheel drift)

assout is right. Dirt track racing is pretty cool too. You should see what happens when the rear suddenly gets traction mid drift. It isnt pretty.
128d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 10:02 AM   #8
soultron

Send a message via AIM to soultron
gotta love the coaster brake!
soultron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 11:39 AM   #9
Ghost of Duluth
Sixgun

Send a message via AIM to Ghost of Duluth
Motorcycle drifting been round forever. Flat tracking, Ice racing and one other I can't think of now. I think the bike thing rules.
To see those Japs and their crazy sliding machines gives me a
Woody.
Ghost of Duluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 11:24 PM   #10
quickstyleRPS13

Send a message via Yahoo to quickstyleRPS13
thay show those bikes every month in drift tangoku
quickstyleRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 01:55 AM   #11
SilverGhost
touge sleepy-eye 180sx

are they special kinds of bikes, or would any kind of bike work?
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 03:24 AM   #12
JunpoweR

Send a message via AIM to JunpoweR
HAHAHA YES I DRIFTED MY BIKE ALSO!!

No special Bike Is needed..It's Just like a car..Cause the Rear To loose Traction while turning and you will need to countersteer to correct ur angle for the turn..I have done this alot on downhills when i was younger (BEFORE I HAD MY LICENCE)lol.
Just lock up the back while turning and you will see...
"driftingBikes""Also Motorcycles do Drift or (motar)
I seen them with spiked tires going around a hockey ring on ESPN.Crazy..Anways I only had rear brakes on my Specialized Phat boy Cruiser BMX bike , so when i would ride down the hills in sf and came to a conner I would Drift it =)
Talk about showing off at a young age!! lol

Oh yea I never wore a helmet..=)You wouldn't imagine it's easier to drift a bicycle then a car IMO.. ^_^
JunpoweR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 09:17 AM   #13
Ichi-Go
Chas please approve.

I do that all the time on my BMX bike. It really helps to get a good tire in the front but also a good one in the rear. Those crappy Walmart tires chunk if you try to drift them. And if you do it on wet algea or fine sand you can actually lock the tire then give it a hard kick on the pedals and it will spin the tire (caution: this can cause the bike to spin out very fast so be careful). Another thing is if you get a good drift going at around 18mph the bike will slide out then the bike will almost fall flat to the ground like you are falling but it only falls to a certain point then stops. It feels really cool and you can hold a drift for 50ft or so.
Ichi-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:15 AM   #14
banged240_drift

Send a message via AIM to banged240_drift
hahaha i think they are doing the weight transfer methed of bike drifting.... thats when you put almost all of your weight towards the front tire and slide the rear.... lets see some bicycle dori

man i remeber those back pedal locking bikes... those were the good old days
banged240_drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 06:28 PM   #15
Toyota_RA64
Beanboy

Send a message via AIM to Toyota_RA64
I wouldn't even attempt that. I know I'd probably end up with broken bones somewhere.
Toyota_RA64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 06:14 PM   #16
Ichi-Go
Chas please approve.

I have only fallen like 7or 8 times. The worst was when I was doing like 16 or 17 and I pulled a good long one then when I let off, the bike rotated like a full 180 and so it was sliding backwards and it flung me back onto my back. I rolled a good 15 feet.

It sucked but the worst was I was trying to show off and all my friends saw it happen.
Ichi-Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 11:37 PM   #17
GlitchFC

Send a message via AIM to GlitchFC
when i was like 12-14 i would always get going real fast and hit back on the pedal and slide all the way to a stop... that was great fun!
GlitchFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 11:42 PM   #18
Menchi
hashiriya

Send a message via AIM to Menchi
I've bicycle drifted untill I learned I could jump it off crap. I liked to see how long we could make the skid marks the same now applies to cars, I guess I'll never grow up
Menchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 04:29 PM   #19
ToplessFC3Sman

Send a message via AIM to ToplessFC3Sman
Actually, Bike Drifting just about saved my life once. I had always done that, riding without hands, and bike ramps with my friends. We would take our bikes, get brand-new pads in the back (no coaster-brakes here), and skid all over the place... getting up to about 25 MPH sometimes and locking the rear (I used weight transfer too, even tho I didnt know what it was then) I also used it on these nice downhill switchbacks in Germany.
Well, anywho, I used to ride my bike to and from work last summer because it was only like a mile, and it was good exercize, but the ride home was always the best, cause it was a nice long down-hill that i would occasionally hit about 45 MPH on (yes, I had a helmet, but thankfully never needed it) Well, one of these times I was going downhill at about 40, and a car pulled out in front of me from a parking spot without even looking, I just instinctively locked the rear wheel, slid into the oncoming traffic around the a$$hole, snapped the rear wheel around to the other side, and barely missed an oncoming car. It was some scary a$$ $hit there, but the slide was awesome, and it left a great signature on the pavement. I never want to do that again tho... it was just that I had experience with it that I avoided the cars.

BTW, i wonder how fast those guys in the pics are going...?
ToplessFC3Sman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 09:25 PM   #20
driftmunky
Really FreakinAwesome Yo!

Send a message via AIM to driftmunky
couple of years ago i was sliding around my friends house (no helmet, im too cool for safety hahahahaha) trying to see if i could do a 360 (idiot) so i was going super fast, slammed on the brakes, whipped it around, then flew off in a spectacle on face meeting asphalt. My back bent over me real funny-like, my face/head bashed the road, and hands, elbows, and knees had all kinds of scrapes. Luckily i got up and walked away, lucky i didnt break my back the way it bent. those were the good ol' days.
driftmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 10:36 PM   #21
spinitsidewayz!
skidster

Send a message via AIM to spinitsidewayz!
damn crazy kids. lol on my way down a hill the sidewalk is lightly covered in sand. i didnt notice it until i was on it and there was a light post in my way... lol i locked the brakes and slid around it. almost ended up clipping it tho... i also popped a tire locking up the rear once... i fell flat on my face... my bike is now in the toolshed rusting away.. poor bike
spinitsidewayz! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 05:46 AM   #22
Godfather
Drifter XLT

Send a message via AIM to Godfather
I've seen video of this stuff...they aren't just locking up the rear guys, they actually ride them out. Those kids are nuts.

As for motorcycles, check out MotoGP and pay close attention. You will see some pretty butt clentching, white smoke, bike drifts quite often. Those guys step out the rear like it's part of their body. (Rossi kicks a$$)
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:14 PM   #23
Xantos

Send a message via AIM to Xantos
I'm dont mean to brag but thats nothing compared to what me and my friend do, hopefully i may be able to get some pics up tomorrow of the insane drifting we do. lets put it this way i've nearly got a 360* spin down. We do it at this abandoned(sp) gas station with really freaking smooth concrete so when its wet the old oil and smooth surface it literaly becomes like ice, kick a$$ stuff!

only matched by out shopping cart drifts, buts a whole nother story...
Xantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:29 PM   #24
driftxtreem
Pimp daddy D

man they do this out front my shop all the time. But you need a mammacharin to do it right. Something to do with the basket and the baby seat i guess. Ill get some picks of the little dudes doin it sometime.
driftxtreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 01:50 AM   #25
510drifta

ahhhhh coaster brakes those were the days!!!!! longest skid half a city block comin off my uncles rear bumper only reason i stopped cuzz tire popped good ole times times havent exepct the vehicle we use!!!! life s great
510drifta is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: