Formula Drift Florida June 1-2 2012
    Formula Drift Wall Speedway June 22-23 2012
    Formula Drift Washington July 20-21 2012
    Formula Drift Las Vegas August 24-25 2012
    Formula Drift Irwindale October 12-13 2012

T E X A S.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Peters View Post
      That is a Sweet buckle! Where can I get one?

Comment

Next time you're in Tejas hit up Cavender's Boot City. They have all kinds of rad redneck apparel. I don't know if they have that particular one, but I've got a decent collection of PRCA caliber redneckery from there.

Comment

2 more days

Comment

the schedule will be released by tomorrow

Comment

the schedule will be released within a few hours

Comment

Again, Norcal is without an event, but we have two socal events. Stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post
                  Again, Norcal is without an event, but we have two socal events. Stupid.
                  .... and the 2 Socal events were the 2 highest attended events of the season (including the highest attended drifting event ever in the US) @ Long Beach.

FD outgrew the location they were using at Infineon, and haven't found a suitable replacement. I know everyone wants to have an event in their back yard, but let's be serious, Socal isn't that far of a drive. Suck it up.

The Texans who are belly-aching don't have a single event within a day's drive.

Comment

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
                    .... and the 2 Socal events were the 2 highest attended events of the season (including the highest attended drifting event ever in the US) @ Long Beach.

FD outgrew the location they were using at Infineon, and haven't found a suitable replacement. I know everyone wants to have an event in their back yard, but let's be serious, Socal isn't that far of a drive. Suck it up.

The Texans who are belly-aching don't have a single event within a day's drive.
                    No its not that far a drive. But its still a drive that requires staying over a night and a near 200 dollar gas bill. If i could attend then i would.
                    There are plenty of other suitable Norcal locations other than infineon. It would have been nice since they skipped last year to find a replacment. Thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150 Cruiser View Post
                      No its not that far a drive. But its still a drive that requires staying over a night and a near 200 dollar gas bill. If i could attend then i would.
                      There are plenty of other suitable Norcal locations other than infineon. It would have been nice since they skipped last year to find a replacment. Thats all.
                      wow. How inconvenient. poor you.

FD is always open to suggestions of new venues. But what you might consider to be 'suitable' might actually not match up with some of the logistical needs of FD. But throw the venues out there. Some details they've put out there before:

- seating for 6k to 8k fans (or more) to view the fastest parts of the track
                      - convenient parking to support that fan base
                      - paddock space to support 40+ teams and 20-30 vendors
                      - track setup of 2 to 4 turns with entry speeds above 80 mph, preferably without a major e-brake initiation
                      - existing or easy access to k-rail / fencing / etc to outline the course

Comment

Working...
                      X