ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the sport and wondering what cars I can drift stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the sport and wondering what cars I can drift stock?

Hello,
    I am new to the sport, I used to be real into tuners and drifting then made a conversion to 4x4, did that for awhile with 86 Bronco II, ha thing was fun stock, but sold it and now looking for a nice started drift car. I was curious onw hat cars would be best that have LSD and are easy to maintain. I like cars usually from the early 80's to early 90's really, and was curious to what is out there or if you can give me a least. I know the basics like Toyota Corolla AE86 have my eye on a couple but what else has stock LSD? Thanks for your help and feedback.

get a light muscle car like a buic grand national (yes a buic can be a muscle car)

Comment

I drive a 71 lemans T-37, it's heavy but the torque can pull the end around. Best of all you can keep it stock so its somewhat reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by levibrutal View Post
        Hello,
        I am new to the sport, I used to be real into tuners and drifting then made a conversion to 4x4, did that for awhile with 86 Bronco II, ha thing was fun stock, but sold it and now looking for a nice started drift car. I was curious onw hat cars would be best that have LSD and are easy to maintain. I like cars usually from the early 80's to early 90's really, and was curious to what is out there or if you can give me a least. I know the basics like Toyota Corolla AE86 have my eye on a couple but what else has stock LSD? Thanks for your help and feedback.
        FC RX7
        MK3 Supra

Im not sure about the supra but i know the base model fc ( like the 86 ) dosent have lsd.But if you get a gxl or tII your fine.My first drift car was a fc.I felt it was a good starter car for me.I learned pretty quickly with it.I wouldnt suggest a a86 for a starter but thats just me.Its a little more tricky to slide.Great cars but not something you wanna start with.

Comment

the FC RX7 is a sweet starter for drift; no limited-slip, but you can still get into a drift with relative ease; I just built up a FC for that very reason and I'm loving it; I kick the rear end out nearly everyday, and from what I hear it's tough getting it sideways (though I've had no problem) in comparison to the S14s, Supras, etc. That said, I've yet to even come close to spinning out like I did back in my 300ZX, and the hp/torque is low enough that it won't get crazier than you're able to plan for. Conversely, I did experience a little understeer at higher speeds, but it's stock for the most part, and that's only a few modifications away

Comment

Originally posted by 77ElCaminoDrift View Post
            the FC RX7 is a sweet starter for drift; no limited-slip
            The FC had limited-slips in turbo or GXL trim. And please, check the date of a thread before replying.

Comment

Originally posted by ghorrah View Post
              get a light muscle car like a buic grand national (yes a buic can be a muscle car)
              Pontiac GTO would be a good one also Rhys Millen drove a Pontiac GTO in the Formula D competition. and won many times! He is amazing. Me personally i love muscle cars but i would rather drift in a supra.

Comment

Working...
              X