Nissan Cefiro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Cefiro

Hey, I'm new to Drifting.com. I visited few other drift/car websites but I think that I will settle on this one since its mainly drifting.

Ok I am always intrested in resarching new cars, I already learned about the....

Nissan 240sx second and third gen
    Mazda FD, FC 323
    Toyota Corolla gts

So now I am really intrested in the Nissan Cefiro... I found few pics of this car for sale on Auction Japan I emailed a local Japnese car importer I am waiting for the replay from him/her. Can someone tell me more about this car... All i know (i'm not sure if it's right) is

FR layout
    inline 4 engine
    4 door

lol thats about it

The rule here is Canada is that a car from japan has to be 15 years plus to be leagal so 1989 is the best you can get. What year is this car???

Last edited by tight_corner; 07-09-2004, 11:50 AM.

Comment

not sure what year, but a while back I came across a red cefiro on ebay that was located in canada. It might still be for sale.

Comment

cannonbsll-r.com they have some for sale in canada, ps, cars did not come with sr;s came with rb's

Comment

Unlike the cefiro that you posted, cefiros are built with an HCR32 RB20DET or RB20DE not an SR20 Black Top.
          Graet swap though, with a sr in the bay, enough space to V-mount or midmount for better cooling and responsiveness

Comment

Oh yea and also C33(Laurels), A31(Cefiro) are the same car with different bodies(the Laurel, the luxury car, the Cefiro, the regular family car). Kinda like what toyota did with the Mark II, Chaser, Cresta, and Verossa.
            C33s, A31s, and R32s have the same engine so can use engine parts.
            You can bolt on a RB25 turbine on a RB20
            Putting RB20DE cams on an RB20DET with raise the powerband or responsiveness of the car and so will RB20DE head
            S13s, C33s,and A31s all use the same parts for their legs so you can put S13 suspension on your A31 if you get it.

Comment

if the cefiro came with rb20dets..i can are ready tell they didn't come to the u.s shores...that sucks it looks tight...can anyone tell me for sure if the cefiro never came to the u.s as another rebadged car or something?

Comment

We recieved a ka24 and 3 liter v6 front wheel drive varient as the maximum at one point, but never a rear wheel drive version.. A few people have talked about RWD conversions.. although im really not sure how similar the bodies are or what would be needed.

Comment

since ur interested in japanese cars thisll help you. basic info on your jdm stuff

www.alljapanesecars.com

thats an a31 i believe so it cant be any newer then 94
                  oh and welcome

Comment

arent the Altima and Maxima suppose to be the A31 and C33's american counterparts? can sumone back me up on this?

Comment

Around the corner, there is a owner with a metallic blue Maxima. I only drive past it but it sure does look lexactly like a Cefiro. I'll take some pic's next time and maybe if I see him outside, I'll ask him about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oki Drifter
                        arent the Altima and Maxima suppose to be the A31 and C33's american counterparts? can sumone back me up on this?
                        dude check the link i posted. answer is yes

Comment

Hey, I'm a keen Cefiro fan from New Zealand and I can tell you guys all I know about them as they are one of the most common older sedans around here. I have one, my brother has one, my father in law has one, and so does my neighbour!

The first RWD Cefiro was built in 1988, the last in 1993, where they changed their look to be almost identicle to the Maxima - also went from RWD straight 6 2.0-2.5litre engine to v6 2.0-3.0litre. However there is a rare 4wd model in the A31 generation but I have only seen one in my lifetime. Maximas have been around a lot longer than Cefiros.

HCR32 is a generation and type of Skyline, not an engine model.

Maximas, Cefiros, Laurels or Skylines between 1988 and 1993 are NOT the same car with just differing bodies. The Cefiro has a longer wheel base than all the others and is a beautifully stable car. Skylines have dual A-arm front suspension while Cefiros only have single, but despite this they feel better around corners than Skylines. Turbo Cefiros don't differ in looks at all to non turbo, only way to tell (from the outside) is a small grill where the intercooler sits behind on the lower left front of the car, and larger brake discs at the front.

Cefiros are all automatic and 4 stud with a viscuous diff. If you have a manual Cefiro or a 5 stud Cefiro then you know it's been modified (and count yourself lucky!)

They weren't a budget family car, coming with plush comfy front seats, expansive couch like rear seat, 4 stage auto, cruise control, power windows, power steering, power mirrors, adjustable suspension with sports/soft switch etc etc...

The Cefiro is the most popular drift car here and always wins the national drift compititions with ease, with Silvias and Skylines coming in close behind.

This is a picture of what my Cefiro will look like soon (only without the workshopX stuff on it, and with better wheels).
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 89cefiro; 07-12-2004, 05:58 PM.

Comment

This 89 Cefiro is totally standard except for the mags, which are 17" Advanti wheels. This was my first car till someone crashed into it. I spent about $11,500 NZ dollars on it, which is around $8,000 USD. My parents bought this car in the early 90's for $20,000 and I paid $1,500 NZ for it.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cefrios are silvias, and skylines, and put in a chevy caprices body

Comment

Working...
                              X