ASD and Falken Tire Charity Raffle!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASD and Falken Tire Charity Raffle!!

What's up Drifting.com members. We just wanted to share something with you guys and hopefully some of you will want to be a part of it. This isn't spam or some scam. These are real people, and ASD and Falken Tire are donating to the cause. We hope you will too.

When times are hard, family is more important than anything else. This holds true in the motorsport community, which is also a family in it’s own right. Whether you are into 2 wheel or 4 wheel motorsport, we are all bound by a common passion. Recently one of the families of the motorsport community was devastated with the unthinkable. Jacob Pursley, Project Manager at MoTeC East, and his wife Jamie lost their only child while Jamie was still pregnant. His name was Robert William Pursley, and he was just 16 weeks old. Their dream of starting a family was crushed after doctors had to do an emergency hysterectomy to stop the internal bleeding. Jamie would not be able to carry a child anymore.

They are on a path now to utilize IVF surrogacy, which is an extremely costly process that insurance does not cover. Their goal to hit in the next 4 months is $30,000 for the procedure. We have decided to be a part of the solution for their family, along with support from long time partner of ours Falken Tire Corporation. Together we have donated 4 items for a raffle to be held on April 15th. Falken Tire has donated 2 HPI RC race cars, one of the Monster Energy Falken Tire Ford Mustang driven by Vaughn Gittin Jr., and the other of Falken Tire Ford Mustang driven by Justin “JTP” Pawlak. Vaughn Gittin Jr has also thrown in a team jersey that’s not for sale anywhere! We have donated a GoPro HD2 Motorsports camera setup, and a 16″ ASD hydraulic e-brake setup.

The tickets are just $5 each, and you can buy as many as you’d like to. Winners will be announced both on their Facebook page, as well as our Facebook page and on thejackstand.com as well. We are also donating $1,000 to their foundation to help speed along the process. They are also already raffling a 47″ flat screen TV and new iPad 3. Please show your support to the motorsport community and help out these wonderful people.

Please share this with as many people as you can. If we all chip in, we can all make a difference in their lives.

Please visit the following pages to learn more and purchase your tickets for the raffle.

http://www.robertwilliamfoundation.org/the-store.html
    Purchase Tickets for the raffle

http://www.robertwilliamfoundation.org/our-story.html
    Learn more about Jacob and Jamie, and their story

http://www.facebook.com/RobertWilliamFoundation
    Robert William Foundation Facebook

I'd rather donate to Dai Yoshihara's non-profit. Neither seems to be a proper 501(c)3, but I'd rather help Japan than help a family get pregnant via IVF.

Comment

Originally posted by YOitzJDM View Post
      I'd rather donate to Dai Yoshihara's non-profit. Neither seems to be a proper 501(c)3, but I'd rather help Japan than help a family get pregnant via IVF.
      That's great, and I hope you already have donated seeing as that charity has been going on for almost a year now. If you haven't, well you are just blowing hot air, which I suspect to be the case.

To be totally honest, we could give away 20 ASD built Pro-Am cars to drivers looking to compete and you still would find some sort of ever so wise comment about how you'd rather drive something else. Or maybe we would include some magic fluid in the tires, or whatever else you could find online. I'll be honest, I really don't care about you and your negative connotations. You have some incredible hatred towards ASD for some unknown reason, and that's fine. Free country, you are able to speak your mind while hiding behind which ever screen name you chose for the post.

Just like you, I am supporting what I think is the best cause out there. If something like this happens in the motorsport community, it lies on that same community to pull together to help in times of need. It's not my place to tell someone whether or not they should or shouldn't have IVF. It's what they choose to do, and I support that. So does ASD. So do others. Their cause has been enough of a story to be featured on 2 separate local news channels. State and local authorities have gotten involved helping their cause. We are trying to help them reach their goal, which is to have a family.

As for the 501(c)3 status, if you were versed in NC state law, you'd know the specifics on why they do not yet have that classification, and why they have retained legal council to move it forward in a timely manner. Again... you are just blowing hot air.

Clearly the point of this has been missed. This is a raffle, not a donation. You buy tickets, winners are picked, prices sent to the winners. It's a pretty basic concept. The prizes are pretty cool too. For those of you without a personal agenda against ASD, feel free to get some tickets and hopefully win one or more of these cool prizes.

Kyle Busch recently said to a crowd of booing fans "haters are motivators". I assure you no one here is hurt by your inflammatory comments both here and on wrecked. Fire away behind your curtain of internet aka keyboard.

Dave
      ASD Inc.
      Last edited by ASD Team; 03-15-2012, 05:34 AM.

Comment

I donated twice to Dai's charity. I'll probably donate again this year at Long Beach.

And I have 2 uncles and a few cousins who were adopted. I think adoption is a much better solution than IVF.

I don't want to buy raffle tickets if the money is going to a cause I don't support, even if the prize is a large sum of cash.

Comment

Easy guys its just a charity, not a political opinion thread. Please start a new thread if you want to debate this further for it is not necessary on here.
          Please know I understand where both of you are entitled to your opinions, and this is not any attempt to side with either. I have helped with charities in the past and even gave ride alongs in my old drift car for donations in a one night only raffle and drift event. A popular driver in our community lost a niece to a drowning accident. The family was poor and couldn't afford anything for proper services. They held a raffle at one of the local open night drift events. They hardly got anyone to buy tickets with only $200 dollars after several hours, so I told the family to let people know I will give anyone a ride if they can donate anything to the charity. in minutes they had a line of over 40+ people waiting to donate and go for a ride. Soon other drivers jumped in to help keep the line moving. They made over $2000 in donations by the end of the night! It was one of the best nights of drifting I ever had!

FYI I donated to this Raffle for two tickets on the handbrake.
          I hope everything works out for the Pursley's.
          Last edited by Lifer; 03-15-2012, 01:35 PM. Reason: SP

Comment

wow.....really....just wow

I love this country

Comment

Working...
            X