engine's code 92 - 95 DOHC civic???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine's code 92 - 95 DOHC civic???

i need info. i need to know what's the specs and the engine code of a 1.6 DOHC black valve cover. it's from a 1993 civic Si Sedan. USDM i think. is it vtec? the car post said it was a 24valve DOHC engine. is it a D or a B? vtec or non vtec? help me out

what engines came with 92 - 95 DOHC civic???

D16Ax where "x" is a number, could be 7, 8 or 9 (not sure about the 7).

Comment

are all d-series DOHC?

are all engines in the D-series DoHC? what are the codes for DOHC and SOHC and do they have Vtec???? is there a 24valve D-series engine???

Comment

no my crx has a D13A2 and its a sohc the d is just the series nothing more, the number is the capacity 1.3 l and the last two i have no idea, oh the crx is my daily beater i dont drift it, it does that by itself in the rain, friggin stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored* car almost got me killed, but i handled my business

Comment

I pretty sure that D-series are 12 valve. Some have Vtec and some don't. And that pretty much goes for every other honda motor out there. All most every one was made with and w/o Vtec.

I am also very sure that no USDM EG civic came with a DOHC B16 motor, stock anyways. I am also pretty sure that there are no SI sedans, they all came in hatch back form untill the EKs came out in 96.

I said this on another post:

D series are SOCH and 12 valves. Some are Vtec and some ar not. I dont know the codes for the motor codes for vtec and non vtec. "D" does not mean DOHC.

B series are DOHC. Im pretty sure all the B16s (a, a2, and B) are made with vtec. B18s are made with and w/o vtec (b18=no vtec, c and c5 come with vtec.

H series are all DOHC, and are all vtec i think. IMO, these are some bally-ist motors.

F series are DOHC and another series of motors that come in both Vtec and non Vtec. They also are used in everything from JDM accords (i think) to S2000s.

I hope this info helps. But like isaid before, if you really want to learn stuff on hondas, go to www.Honda-Tech.com . and look under the EG section.

Comment

you guys are making a mess of this.

92-95 did NOT come in an si sedan. only an si hatch. if i'm not mistaken, the engine that came in the si was the sohc D16Z6. Yes it was vtec. and no, that one guy said d series are 12 valves, they aren't. I am positive they are 16. (there's a D16Y7 in our driveway)

IF you saw the stock engine in a 92-95 sedan it was probably a D16B7. However EX sedans had the Z6 in them, and that's also a posibility. DOHC black valve cover could be a whole host of engines. if it was swapped, it's probably just your average B16A2 (usdm 160hp) or B16A1 (jdm 170hp).

Be more specific about what you're trying to find out.

Comment

"D series are SOCH and 12 valves. Some are Vtec and some ar not. I dont know the codes for the motor codes for vtec and non vtec. "D" does not mean DOHC.

B series are DOHC. Im pretty sure all the B16s (a, a2, and B) are made with vtec. B18s are made with and w/o vtec (b18=no vtec, c and c5 come with vtec.

H series are all DOHC, and are all vtec i think. IMO, these are some bally-ist motors.

F series are DOHC and another series of motors that come in both Vtec and non Vtec. They also are used in everything from JDM accords (i think) to S2000s."

alot of that is a little wrong. close, but wrong. Like i said Dblocks are 16 valves and there was one DOHC non-vtec Dblock: the elusive ZC. (d16ZC i believe.)

Newer 7th gen civics use the D17, except the Si, which is the K20.

Accords don't often sport f series (at least not here) lower line accords (the 4bangers) share the k24 with the crv and numerous other hondas. (this is strictly new models)

H series are nice, the h22a, used primarily in the prelude was indeed a kickarse motor.

Lastly, i believe all is well with the b series info. Just don't forget the B20.

Comment

the only 12 valve motors i know for honda came in the E-series (84-87)

Comment

lets make this easy for everyone

http://www.integra.orcon.net.nz/engines go there if you want to know about what engine came with what, when, and if its vtec or not

Comment

look at the car

i've cheked every engine list and there are no DOHC 1.6 vtec or non vtec for 92-95 civics. i doubt it's a swap thout i'm willing to buy the car but i wont untill i am sure what engine is in it. the owner says it's a 24 valve 1.6.... can this be?? how???
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DriftingNewbie
                      I pretty sure that D-series are 12 valve. Some have Vtec and some don't. And that pretty much goes for every other honda motor out there. All most every one was made with and w/o Vtec.

I am also very sure that no USDM EG civic came with a DOHC B16 motor, stock anyways. I am also pretty sure that there are no SI sedans, they all came in hatch back form untill the EKs came out in 96.

I said this on another post:

D series are SOCH and 12 valves. Some are Vtec and some ar not. I dont know the codes for the motor codes for vtec and non vtec. "D" does not mean DOHC.

F series are DOHC and another series of motors that come in both Vtec and non Vtec. They also are used in everything from JDM accords (i think) to S2000s.

I hope this info helps. But like isaid before, if you really want to learn stuff on hondas, go to www.Honda-Tech.com . and look under the EG section.

wow.....
                      umm the only DOHC F series are the F22B and the F20B from the accord Euro-R.

and only H22s have vtec and the ultra rare JDM H23 which i think belonged to a higher end accord or prelude...regardless it exists.

the D series are 16valve and are sohc.
                      B series are 16 valve and are dohc.

the D16Z has vtec although its actual effectiveness is barely noticiable.

and to begin with im sure the 24valve DOHC was a typo.
                      it would have to be a 6 cylinder to have 24 valves.

and if the guy is saying its 24 valve he must be a freaken idiot or is rich enough to swap in a J30 honda V6 engine. which makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by sidebyslide
                        wow.....
                        How about the S2000, which sports the F20C?

and only H22s have vtec and the ultra rare JDM H23 which i think belonged to a higher end accord or prelude...regardless it exists.
                        H23 in the US market was used in Preludes and it didn't have VTEC. Na, na!

D16A8 and A9 were DOHC!!

and if the guy is saying its 24 valve he must be a freaken idiot or is rich enough to swap in a J30 honda V6 engine. which makes no sense whatsoever.
                        ...or a C30A, or even C32B. Yeah, that wouldn't be quite possible. The four-banger would have to use six valves per cylinder to make the grand total of twenty four for whole engine.
                        Last edited by Darkstar; 10-31-2004, 03:18 AM.

Comment

wow.....

B series are 16 valve and are dohc.

the D16Z has vtec although its actual effectiveness is barely noticiable.

and to begin with im sure the 24valve DOHC was a typo.
                          it would have to be a 6 cylinder to have 24 valves.

Lets try this one more time
                          the F22 came in 92-95 accords and 92-95 prelude s, the Euro-R accord came with an H22 along with 93+Preludes Si
                          The H23 came in the 92 Prelude Si and was non-vtec
                          The D16a1 was the only d-series with dohc and came in older integras and i think you mean C30 if you're talking about the NSX motor

Comment

darkstar you got to it before i did LOL

Comment

if u ask me, your looking for information in the worng place...

ur at a drifting site where honda's are rare...very few drift...your better off going to a honda board and asking...i kno Hondahookup.com has a chart with all engine codes and everything you'll ever need for hondas...the boards are crap though....Integra.net (or dot something) has got to be THE most technicals group of honda people i have ever met...they are unbelievable and have a wealth of information...

Comment

Working...
                              X