X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (FEEDBACK) FORMULA D Sonoma 2009

Please post your feedback on this thread

I have a lot to say, and it's all good.

I got their dead *Censored**Censored**Censored* early after a long, long drive up from the Santa Barbara area. And we're greated by the lovely sounds of the Indianapolis 500 cars practicing and qualifying. This added to the whole days excitement.

The Track drifting exabition was really cool, being able to see these cars drift the whole coarse was really cool, Ross and Taka were spot friggin on too.

As the day rolled on and we finally got to the event we'd all been waiting for, everything went extremely well. Not only did the event run fairly smooth and with no serious time delays, but hats off to all the drivers. They all put their heart into it and put on a stellar event for us all.

I'd like to thank all of you guys on the Formula D staff and all the teams and sponsors that came out this weekend. It was a great event and couldn't have been done without you.

Oh and a note to Jarod. Every single event you get better and better. I only wish we had some of that in the other racing series' I watch. Just wanted to give you props man.

And lastly to the Infineon Staff. They really made the day much more enjoyable for all of us. Not only did the shuttle system that was running throughout the day run without flaw, but they made the 2 events going on that day run seamless and without error all day.

Thanks for the awesome day. I will see you guys at the house of drift in the months to come. Can't wait.

Comment

Typical FD event.....Awesome as usual!!!!

Comment

Great event as usual! Things ran real smooth...Great weather! I did not agree with all the calls, but that is part of the game. Keep up the great work!

Comment

Considering that this was the first IRL collaboration, the event ran A LOT smoother than I had anticipated!! From a media side of things, everything ran almost exactly as scheduled, and there was good communication from the FD staff thru the whole weekend when things changed up.

The full course drifting went pretty well, and it was nice to get some different views of the track and the cars.

top 32 tandem went pretty smooth. Having the different tandem stuff on different days made it go much faster each day. Plus there weren't as many OMT's in the top 32 and top 16 rounds as there have been at other events.

Overall, this was one of the smoothest events so far this year. I'm pretty impressed!

Comment

From Speedhunters

KyShro said:
            JESUS! What was up with the judging!?!?!?!?! My friend and I couldn't believe how bad it was. Miki and Foust a second one-more-time? Miki one every single round!!!!! He beat Foust all three rounds. We were joking around saying "watch they are gonna call a one more time" and of course they did when Miki clearly won every round.... WTF? I know judging is not the easiest thing to do in drifting, but it has got to get better. It was a great event and I had a really good time but come on Fixmer and Andy "lets just call one more time for everything" Yen get your act together. I dunno what everyone else thought, but I thought Gushi and Ueo shouldnt have gone a OMT. Gushi clearly had the advantage. Great event though!
            Can anyone elaborate on this?

Well the only reason why I didn't go is because of the whole Indy collaboration thing.... not a big fan or half and half events. Unless this was grand am, rolex series, american lemans or speed world challenge I'm not that interested. And I'm not that much of the fan of this course. Use a faster part of this huge track please?

But honestly, since people are saying it was a good event....hey I might come next year.

Comment

^ The collaberation went way smoother than I think anyone would've thought. If they do it the same format next year I highly recommend comming.

As for the pissy commentary from speed hunters. Admitted Miki probably should've won the first round. But, as Tanner messed up good in his first run, Miki had like zero angle in his second run at one point, so even though he was over all stronger, it made sence being as it was close. The second OMT was legit, they were both very even. And who's bitching, Miki won in the end anyways and we got to see a ton of great driving.

Of course there's going to be calls people dissagree with, that's part of a judged event. But that's the beauty of the 3 person system, it gives a certain fairness because there's at least 2 people who saw it that way.

Comment

Did "Speed Hunters" delete their post?

Comment

Sleepless in Sonoma

Once again, Formula Drift pulls off an awesome event. The combination of the drift event with the Indy car race created a never ending weekend of racing thrills. Every Formula Drift event seems to be getting better and better.

Pictures of the weekend racing can be viewed at
                  http//:SpencerImaging.net/6.html

There are over 80 images.

Comment

What happened to Joon Maeng? He wasn't in top 32 when he's been very consistent all year long.

Comment

Originally posted by SSmith View Post
                      What happened to Joon Maeng? He wasn't in top 32 when he's been very consistent all year long.
                      Maeng and Takatori both missed their first top 32 rounds of the season. That's the way things go sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Slapshotnerd View Post
                        Maeng and Takatori both missed their first top 32 rounds of the season. That's the way things go sometimes.
                        wow! the competition must be pretty tough

Comment

Working...
                        X