(10 FREE TICKETS) FORMULA D "IRWINDALE" October 16th - 17th 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sakesoba View Post
    Drifting.com is probably the only thread I follow up on a daily basis. I believe that communication and understanding within the sport can help achieve a wide spread audience. So far, it is working.
    My avatar is from a pic with Ken Gushi at Irwindale. While waiting to take the pic, a lady was waiting with her ~10('ish) year old son in front of me. I waited patiently behind her (even though I arrived first) and right when it was her turn she said to me in a firm voice, "Excuse me, my son is before you."
    That bothered me. I have seen this sport grow from its infancy (or at least in America) to what it is today. I deserve more than just standing back and letting the Brady bunch (or any typical family) take the place of where I am today in drifting.
    Or do I?
    I didn't comment back to the lady. I respectfully gestured for them to go ahead. Take my place. This 10 year old kid could love drifting just as much as I do. He could grow up and be the next World Champ and make it his career.

*If you don't buy my story, then at least know that I paid $5 at D1 Anaheim for a bottled water. I'll take any sympathy I can get.

Please give me free tickets (x2) if possible. I am going to this event one way or another. And that kid better hope that his mom doesn't cut in front of me again or I'll pawn their a$$es! (j/k)..but seriously, the story is true. And I do respect any fan who loves drifting just as much as I do.

please PM your FULL NAME

Comment

Originally posted by tougekids View Post
      The first time I heard about drifting was in initial d around 8th grade I tought it was the coolest thing in this world! Later on one of my moms best friends son told me and explained to me how drifting works and how he new how to drift and he will go out in the canyons around 2 &3 in the morning to this secret spot that he new about were people gather and all showed up with the sickest cars and everyone just into drifting! I told him take me PLEASE He said when your older around 16 years old (I was like 13 at the time) to this day he hasent taken me! He did let me borrow a DVD called drifting 101 with keiichi tsyushia back then when he told me and that's what got me into it even more and I started watching his drift bible DVD on YouTube and many other videos! Sense then I've been hooked on drifting and cars! That's all I would talk about in school and how I would say that I was gonna drift when I got my car! I annoyed the heck out of people but, they All thing I'm crazy up to this point and that I'm never Gonna drift or even see a car drift but, I know that deep in my heart I am! But it's just gonna take time! Now I'm 16 1/2 and I've been saving up money to get my self a 240sx wich is my second favorite car but right now it's my 1 cause it's a car I can afford and it looks so cool and I love how many things you can do to it and the many parts! But, to get to the point I will love to get two ticket one for me and one for my best friend so I can finally be there in the stance cheering and screaming and witnessing with my own eyes the beautifull art of drifting for the first time and not in videos anymore! And for my dream to come true and to make another step forward into proving everyone wrong and making my dream come true into becoming a drifter and in what I love! Plus, I know you now! And I'm gonna be one of your future workers hopefully in the future when I get my transportation from my 240sx and if I get hired ! THANK YOU!
      please PM your FULL NAME

Comment

I've been awake since 5:30am this morning, worked a 12 hour shift (most of it standing/walking). I took two pills of Nyquil, two hours ago, cause I'm getting over a cold ....
        It's now 1am
        and I still need my drifting.com fix!
        Last edited by Sakesoba; 09-04-2009, 01:11 AM.

Comment

when will you post who won the tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by 9987654321mike View Post
            when will you post who won the tickets.
            around early Oct.

we do not have enough tickets so this will give everyone more time to step up their response

Comment

1st timer

this is gana be my first time going to formula d! i know its gana be sickk!! any thing that has to do with cars gets my attention im really lookin forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by blaze1 View Post
                You know I'm locked and loaded for this one.
                Please PM your full name to "contest" and write about what you are looking forward to at this event

Comment

I just took a peep at the FD website to check reserve seating availability and theres basically nothing left. Im almost tempted to buy tickets just so I can guarentee myself a seat at the House of Drift. Come on drifting.com dont do me dirty hook a brother up.

Comment

Originally posted by markyd0s View Post
                    I just took a peep at the FD website to check reserve seating availability and theres basically nothing left. Im almost tempted to buy tickets just so I can guarentee myself a seat at the House of Drift. Come on drifting.com dont do me dirty hook a brother up.
                    ok! PM your full name to "contest"

we are VERY LOW on tickets so please write a few paragraphs about why you want to attend this event so much

Comment

Look at these points standing mates

#1 Chris Forsberg
                      Good ole Drift Alliance bro, running his own team. Helping out smaller teams. From day zero supporting the cause in it to win it. Plus this dude has a zillion tattoos , CD player in his car, and a beard. You cannot go wrong at all.

#2 Ryan Tuerck
                      Another DA good ole boy bringing the heat since 05 when he was in a stockish S13. Hooked up with a Drag Race team showing bringing diversity too the field. Not too mention these guys still don't have the crazy amount of sponsors other teams currently have. Plus, if you really talk to him sometimes you can hear his gnarl Hampshire accent.

#3 Vaugh Gittin JR!!!
                      One of my personal heroes and one of the hardest hitting guys to ever run any drift series. Top dog on the falken roster no if ands or butts! Its only right the highest ranking factory backed driver is a born and bread DRIFT RACER! ECDA, american man, driving american car for americans!!!

#4 Samuel Hubinette
                      Nurfomz Mopar SRT10 Crazy Swede blah blah blah blah blah ok lets cut the crap. Every time I hear this car on the track my brain cells drop and my sperm cells go bad on my scrotum. Please for the love of god someone beat this guy. 10 bucks personally from me for anyone who takes him out in the top 32 or top 16. Don't let this driver ruin our weekend!!!
                      Last edited by Bebop; 09-07-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

House of drift

So last year was my first time at The House of Drift. I've been to FD Long Beach & FD Las Vegas before. Just driving up to Irwindale was very excting in itself cause I didn't know what to expect. As soon as we reached Irwindale I was shocked and awed by the track . I saw the bleachers and I was thinking to myself that theres no way this is ganna fill up(little did I know back then). So as Im standing there in amazement I hear the engines turn on and screeching tires.Here I am staring at the track and I see cars doing some pratice runs.

I had fun hanging out with friends checking out some the sickes tandem battles. By the way Tanner Foust Vs Justin Pawlak was my favorite battle. Im sure most of you guys saw it or heard about it. All the fans in the bleachers where all into it cheering, stomping, and condom ballons(if you were there you would know). The energy the fans put out there is intense im sure the drivers feel that and gets them wild up. You could also walk around the and check out the pitts, sexy models, drifting.com booth and cars. Theres plenty to do and see at Irwindale. If you havent been out there I suggest you come down make some happy memories and enjoy The House of Drift. I know I did.

Comment

thanks for stepping up the responses

Comment

formula D "IRWINDALE"

the first time i saw drifting on a closed course was in 2004 at Irwindale Speedway, i saved up for a month straight (i diddnet have a job at the time) for 2 tickets and gas money to get my friends and i to irwindale.
                            i sat in the grandstands watching practice that day studying how the drivers warm up and get the feel for the course and at one point tears came out of my eyes,i dont know if it was the rubber in the air or my emotions getting the best of me but i feel that day changed my life.since then ive ben hell bent on building my own project car so id be able to go out and enjoy drifting
                            just recently I got my project car or "track" car good enough to drive but its ben a struggle, my wallet and i have ben suffering since then and it would really help out if i got a free ticket (or two)
                            and if it helps at all ,Drifting.com is my homepage on my personal computer so i check up on this site almost daily =]

Comment

Oh how I'd like to be there.

But, I'll be out of the country. Vacation.

Do give the tickets to first timers as they would probably be the best people to experience Irwindale, FD Finals.

Comment

Stepping up my response:

I've never been to any Formula D, drift event! I would really love to go! It's my dream to go! I wanna go meet the Pro Drifters and watch them in action!
                                Be with the crazy fans, who love drifting as much as i do! Also, get to see all the amazingly build drifting cars! Were you can go see only the best there is! It's unreal! I just want to see those cars go sideways! I want to inhale that crazy smoke of burned rubber and see drifting!!! I've been really anxious to go but I've been waiting to go cause, where Formula D is hosted, is always far away from were i live! And now finally it's at Irwindale and that's close to
                                were i live and this is the change for me to go I would not want to wait, at all another 356 daystill i get another chance to go and that's even if it's hosted there next year so hopefully you guys can PLEASE hook me up for only one ticket to Formula D at Irwindale Thanks Alottttt!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X