Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIPER & CHALLENGER from SAMUEL HUBINETTE RACING are Testing By Saturday

VIPER & CHALLENGER from SAMUEL HUBINETTE RACING are Testing By Saturday

I guess it's true that the Viper will not be on BFGs? Wonder how that's going to work out.

Comment

Does anyone know how much the viper weighs? With a stock curb weight of 3400 lbs I'm thinking the whole SHR team will be doing well with the new rules in regulation!

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
      I guess it's true that the Viper will not be on BFGs? Wonder how that's going to work out.
      It should work out fine with proper planning and what not, but I questioning why is BFG still supporting a series they only sponsor one vehicle in... correct me if I'm wrong but I cant think of anyone who will be driving on BFs next year other then Sam.
      Last edited by Bebop; 03-24-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bebop View Post
        Does anyone know how much the viper weighs? With a stock curb weight of 3400 lbs I'm thinking the whole SHR team will be doing well with the new rules in regulation!

It should work out fine with proper planning and what not, but I questioning why is BFG still supporting a series they only sponsor one vehicle in... correct me if I'm wrong but I cant think of anyone who will be driving on BFs next year other then Sam.
        BFG does the same thing in Canada. They sponsors the DMCC series & only sponsor one driver. But the US market is much bigger so......

Comment

James Robinson and his Element may still be on BFG's

Comment

I'm not worried about the physical tire, but the fact that it is not BFGoodrich on the Viper or on the car and it's a SHR car. Unless Federal uses the same distributor as BFG, this is an odd move.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Banner View Post
              I'm not worried about the physical tire, but the fact that it is not BFGoodrich on the Viper or on the car and it's a SHR car. Unless Federal uses the same distributor as BFG, this is an odd move.
              The team is located in Southern California, all the distribution centers are short drive on the freeway from one another. Michelin has a DC in San Bernardino if I'm not mistaken.And the last time I checked Federal Distribution went through TDW which has a warehouse in Compton. The Charger is sponsored by Discount Tire direct... I'm not very familiar with that company but I'm sure they have a DC in So Cal. I'm not saying that's where the teams are getting their tires but just pointing out receiving the product they are sponsored with shouldn't be that difficult.
              Last edited by Bebop; 03-25-2011, 08:28 PM.

Comment

The team is located in Southern California, all the distribution centers are short drive on the freeway from one another. Michelin has a DC in San Bernardino if I'm not mistaken.And the last time I checked Federal Distribution went through TDW which has a warehouse in Compton. The Charger is sponsored by Discount Tire direct... I'm not very familiar with that company but I'm sure they have a DC in So Cal. I'm not saying that's where the teams are getting their tires but just pointing out receiving the product they are sponsored with shouldn't be that difficult.
                What I meant was it is weird to have to competing companies on the same team. It would be like Coke was on the Challenger and Pepsi was on the Viper, unless Coke and Pepsi had the same parent company. What does make sense is that Discount Tire does sell both tire brands, so that could be the reason why Federal and BFG are on the cars.

Now that Discount Tire Direct (an online store of Discount Tire/America's Tire) is on SHR cars, is Discount Tire still on Dai Yoshihara's car?

Comment

I see what your saying now.

But since when is Discount a distributor of Federal? Like I said, as far as I know TDW is the so cal distributor for them and they sell to the mom and pop shops. I cant think of any corporate company that sells federals....in so cal anyway lol.

I will be shocked if Discount leaves SPD. Always thought that was a corporately owned program.

Comment

Forgive me if I'm wrong but aren't Federal tires less sticky and have less grip?

Comment

On paper the 595RS-R and the G-Force T/A KDWs are similar other then UTQG tread wear. Then again UTQG ratings aren't really based on drifting and too be honest are more less a marketing tool. There are alot of grassroots guys who swear by the original SS595 (known as 595 now). The 595EVO is not that good of a drift tire (chunks).

Note:The only tire approved for FD competition for Federal in 2010 was the 595RS-R

Comment

Working...
                      X