No announcement yet.

Welding your diff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NUFF said....The Diff is getten welded, asap. The car is back on the road this Saturday. I will get the diff welded the following week, I also just met a dude who knows a nice parking lot at some run down bulding where they go all the time for hours with no cops bothing, or so they say but I there.Thanks for the info guys. Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by zack
      what wheels you run? for track i use my 15's but now i might have to start using my 17's for drift. how much risk is it with good rubber on, to the suspension that is?

I run 17x8 advan wheels, but if I can't get any tires for them I go back to 15s.

Comment

welded diffs are ok..if you want to go on the cheep
        but they tend to make the car understear on entering a corner..

Comment

Yea if you grip into it. Slide into it and you don't notice it. Once the wheels break lose, that feeling goes away. I love my welded diff, though it's temporary. Plus the amount of the understeer is hardly noticeable over 20 mph. If your entry speeds are under 20 mph, then a welded diff might just not be for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
            If your entry speeds are under 20 mph, then a welded diff might just not be for you.

Or drifting...

Comment

Originally posted by mranlet
              Doesn't the front differential of a Previa AWD fit into your car? 4.7:1 What?

Toyota makes some pretty awesome 1-way diffs from the factory. Silly Toyota...
              No mine is a GTS celica so it is therefore an IRS
              they might work in a GT or ST those have solid axels
              I cant verify this though

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost of Duluth
                Yea if you grip into it. Slide into it and you don't notice it. Once the wheels break lose, that feeling goes away. I love my welded diff, though it's temporary. Plus the amount of the understeer is hardly noticeable over 20 mph. If your entry speeds are under 20 mph, then a welded diff might just not be for you.
                even if you drift into it..
                I could tell the diffrence between my friends S14 with a welded diff and my 5.0 with a clutch type limited slip..and this was at speed
                Originally posted by Piner
                No mine is a GTS celica so it is therefore an IRS
                they might work in a GT or ST those have solid axels
                I cant verify this though
                IRS or live axel..dosnt make a diffrence..its the diff pumpkin thats welded..(spider gears) not the axels..

Comment

i believe there was alraedy a thread started on this subject and hundreds on other forums such as zilvia and nico for all u interested in reading other peoples opinions. as it is opinions. the only way to find out is to get a diff and weld that thing and see how u like it. i have tons of friends who run it and love it and love that they dint have to pay anything to have it. in all honestly its better than running peg leg but if ur thinking about damage ill let u know this. if u drift *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* breaks! and i will garantee something else will break before the diff does but i will recommend this make sure the diff is very strongly welded if those gears break especially if ur on the free way going 80 that wont be very pretty so be safe and make sure u get a lot of good penetrationg welds. im going welded since im on a budget but from driving other peoples car its rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by driftfreak
                    IRS or live axel..dosnt make a diffrence..its the diff pumpkin thats welded..(spider gears) not the axels..
                    he was asking weither the previa LSD fit and no it doesnt because a previa is SRA it has a 6.7" diff i think and my celica has a 7.5" diff

Please read before you post

Comment

Originally posted by driftfreak
                      even if you drift into it..
                      I could tell the diffrence between my friends S14 with a welded diff and my 5.0 with a clutch type limited slip..and this was at speed
                      2 different cars feel completely different. A 5.0 is going to feel different even if they both have LSD's. You are right though, there is a difference but it's not as bad as you make it out to be. Either way it's better than peg-legging.

As stated above, it's all about what you want. You can get all the info in the world but if you never try it, you won't learn nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X