ad

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drifting's EASY According To Christian Rado (Quotes from SPORT COMPACT CAR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
    woudl that be the june import tuner or the july? cuz i just bought the july one.
    The brand new one, so july i supose

Comment

well just so others know this is the july cover...

Comment

how can he say something...drifting isnt about having the world eat out of your *Censored**Censored**Censored*, its not like nascar where you want be noticed and let everyone know who you are because you think you are bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* thinking you have drifting to back you up. Thats the difference between most americans and japanese drifters. The japanese pro drifters are amazing guys, id be proud and honored just to have a chat with any one of them, even if they dont speak english, id just nod my head and attempt to communicate with them.

Its not all about "fans", most definitely not, you can't become famous by drifting behind the wheel and forgetting the most important thing

love

Comment

Originally posted by sobe
          how can he say something...drifting isnt about having the world eat out of your *Censored**Censored**Censored*, its not like nascar where you want be noticed and let everyone know who you are because you think you are bad *Censored**Censored**Censored* thinking you have drifting to back you up. Thats the difference between most americans and japanese drifters. The japanese pro drifters are amazing guys, id be proud and honored just to have a chat with any one of them, even if they dont speak english, id just nod my head and attempt to communicate with them.

Its not all about "fans", most definitely not, you can't become famous by drifting behind the wheel and forgetting the most important thing

love
          ALL WE NEED IS LOVE

Comment

man you beat me to it. I just got my SCC in the mail and i was PO'ed about Rado and his comments on Drifting. What he needs to do is keep his A S S drag racing because he has no room here in the drifting world and i do believe nobody especially me will not give him a warm welcome for his stupidity. What a turd.

Comment

I think he'll realize real quick when he gets his Tacoma out on the track, lol.

Comment

haha what a joke

Chris Rado getting into drifting is about as *Censored**Censored**Censored* as well...the fab five from Queer Eye. How lame is it that he has to badmouth drifting and talk crap about the drivers?? What's up with this guy? Just because his drag racing career is pretty much done and over with doesn't mean he has to try to bring something else down with it. I had some respect for him when he was racing his dc2 but nowadays he is a total whiner. Anyone who reads his columns will see how much a whiner this guy is...my car's not ready because of this, my car is not as fast as it can be cause of this...blah blah blah...my friends in the import drag scene are cheating and giving me the cold shoulder...blah blah blah. Shut up man! I hope all the fans will seriously boo him and make him feel like an idiot if he ever steps foot in a drifting comp. I really want to see him hit the bowl and clutch it deep like Kazama and come out and complete the rest of the D1 course at Irwindale...this guy is dreaming. You've been driving straight all your "import" life Chris, give it a rest when it comes to anything that requires real driving skill. You know there's guys in the drag scene like Steph P that have been pretty down with drifting and have been positive about it's growth and that's respectable. Man...how I want Izumida and the DX crew to show this f*%king idiot what the hell is up. Sorry for my strong feelings but guys like this are so worthless.

Comment

How absurd...Drifting is all technique..nothing to it, eh? On top of that your thinking of competing in a truck? All this coming from some one who made there stake in a sport that could not be compaired to drifting. Okay, i do admit dragging does take a certain degree of skill, but the inherent knowledge and experience needed to drift out surpasses any dragging skill - handsdown. I haven't read this article but i will be sure to throughly analyize it and post my thoughts (both SCC and ImportTuner).

Comment

Yeah, childish name calling on your part really makes him the bad guy. Seriously, regardless of how ridiculous the things this guy says are you all need to grow up and stop crying whenever somebody says ANYTHING you disagree with.

Comment

I find this post quite funny.

I must say that I was rude to him at D1. He wanted an interview for a show, asked me if I would, said yeah, and after about 5 minutes of waiting, I just had to leave and take care of a few things. So i just kinda bailed on him. Now, I'm glad. With comments like that. Hell, I dont need some flashy car to kick some a$$.

I would love to see some of the drag racers come out. We all know whats going to happen. They are going to look so stupid.

I do get this from pritty much every different type of racing. Everyone thinks they can build a better drift car or they think they can drive better than the guys theyve seen.

Every man on this earth thinks they can do 2 things well. Driving and sex. With sex, who really cares, as long as you orgasim, then your good enough. Same thing goes for driving, as long as you get a thrill, thats all you need.
                      BattleVersion Mishimoto DDay Kaaz G-Dimension P2M BrianCrower CPpistons K&Wautobody Drifting.com RaysWheels SpeedOMotive Rotora AIT Racing AODA HouseOfKolor CompetitionClutch BullseyePower

Comment

i agree

well put alex..... i agree but this is just plain wrong i thought everyone hated rhys but damn rhys is like a god compared to rado!

P.S i smell B U L L $ H I T and its coming from rados direction!
                        Last edited by D1 DRIFTER; 05-23-2004, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cat
                          Yeah, childish name calling on your part really makes him the bad guy. Seriously, regardless of how ridiculous the things this guy says are you all need to grow up and stop crying whenever somebody says ANYTHING you disagree with.
                          Ironic. isnt that what your doing right now? Further more is that what you do in EVERY post of yours? "Boo hoo hoo you guys need to stop crying about things you dissagree with, discussions have no place on a discussion forum.. by the way im only posting this whining message because i dissagree with you"

Now to the topic at hand, If he wants to drift he should get him some a few grand and build up a S13 or a 86 from scratch like every one else does. Not bring thousands of dollars of sponsor money that could be going to a DRIFTER (theres a concept) whos actually drifted or heres another idea... Actualy worked his *Censored**Censored**Censored* off practicing and learning, and respecting everything about cars and drifting and driving in general.
                          Last edited by nissanguy_24; 05-23-2004, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I just got this emailedto me and have one well a few WTF'S, has this fool ever won at drag racing. I think the only seat time he has was with the pros during a ride allong, and Who cuts his hair he was going of on profesionalism when I saw him at the D1 he looked like some gothic bum. Remember how many times I have stated this its this kind of attitude that will ruin the sport.
                            By the way who sponsores this prick. Write a letter to them, Complain about his coments see if that dont make walking crowded for him.

Comment

Man, what is this guys E-Mail address? Or what part of the Mag was this in? I want to write a nastygram to either him or even better someone else at the Mag making him sound completely stupid and hopefully see them print it (though I doubt it). I completely agree with everyone that this is the type of attitude we DONT need in the drifting scene. But on the other hand, I see him entering with a truck as a good thing. Since he apparently has a large sponsorship support, he will have the means to experiment with setting his truck up to drift. I know there are a few guys with much better attitudes that are also getting into the scene with their trucks (One guy drifts a white Tacoma I think), they would probably be able to benifit from this happening. I'm always down to see the sport go in different directions as far as the types of vehicles used, but this guy needs to get a grip on reality (no pun intended). He makes it sound like nobody has built a tube frame car because they dont have the skills or they do not have enough backing. He fails to realize that nobody runs a tube frame car because its ILLEGAL. This sport is for modified street cars, not tube frame race cars (Bad Mopar Viper bad!!! You should be expelled!). Also, whats with dissing cars that have drift damage?! Anyone who actually drifts has a different perspective! Chris Rado, I'm sorry to say this but its pretty obvious to anyone that is involved with the scene that you have no idea what you are talking about. Prepare to be embarrassed. I'm looking forward to seeing you at the Drift Showoff if/when it comes to Hawaii.
                              Last edited by CrazyHawaiian; 05-26-2004, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Just another case of Sliders envy.

T O O L.

Comment

Working...
                                X