uphill vs downhill vs my fears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gigglesnirt View Post
    i just dont know what to say, this thread is just too funny.

This guy claims to know Ben... so is it Gary playing trick on me or what?
    I am just starting to have fun..... but it is 2:30 am in beijing so I'll get some rest and be back for round 3,4 and 5 in the morning.

I haven't had this much fun since I got banned from 3kgt for telling everyone on there that 3000gt's are crap! Just like phakeriders stories!

Comment

Phalerider Is Done With Forums. Thanks And Goodbye
      Last edited by phalerider; 04-09-2008, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Last edited by phalerider; 04-09-2008, 02:56 PM.

Comment

keep talking Phakerider... I only "drag" Ben into this because he used to drive all the way to California just to attend my events, besides that I consider him a friend and since you know him you may wish to clarify who you are talking to.

Now keep struggling to get your post count up while you continue to tell me how much I suck and blah blah blah.....

I think I nailed it with the dealership comment since you don't seem to wann brag about that anymore.

Now go back to your hidden hill Trollkumi. Maybe your imaginary turbo Z33 will show up and you'll smoke him again with your uber awesome RX-7.

Don't forget to wipe the drool off of your pillow when you wake up from your sweet dream!

Comment

Comment

Well if you notice i was never actually 'trash talking' or anything like that, you say next time im in new mexico like i've been before. I never have and don't have any future plans to ever be down there anytime soon so im not sure why i would go for the soul purpose of 'racing' you or whatever it is you're tempting me to do. I'm just simply saying this thread has brought me many epic lols and has been pretty good entertainment for the morning, thank you.

Comment

Trollkumi, don't back out now... you just called me assclown. I am a business owner(www.driftbuffet.com), sponsored driver,paid test pilot, professional trash talker and ....oh yeah... one more thing - I drove all the cars in your favorite video game so they could record the sound and make your dreams feel real!

I am older than you think, faster than you'll ever be and have more seat time than your whole damn family. Now go make some popcorn for "utah" so he can continue to have a few LOLS today and not go hungry!

I'm going to go listen to some DEL, a little Freestyle Fellowship, and maybe some
                Gorrillaz while I get paid to drive cars. I think you get paid to drive cars too - from the service writer to the bay....
                Har har har.

Comment

Ohh man I knew this would be funny

Comment

Comment

I mean you've got to know how dumb your first post sounds right?

Originally posted by phalerider View Post
                      I guess I kind got caught up in downhill cause of the movies. But, I soon found out what hollywood cameras hide. Downhill is scary. It seem to require whats beyond my two years experiance. Uphill I never took serious and I assumed it was for high powered cars. I should stop assuming. My motor is in and I'm restarting prelim shakedowns.
                      You said there you only have 2 years of experience (which I think is plenty really But i'll get into that later) But hell yeah downhill is scary I don't know anyone who even has a misconception that it isn't.

I went to the spot alone thursday alone and a Z33 happened to get behind me on the uphill. About 8 minutes of maddness. This situation wasnt my intention but i figured it would help to have a little pressure.

he gave up about 4 minuets in, yeah my head swelled. I beat a turbo z in a n/a spraypainted rotary. but what hit me more was how comfortable i was. the only thing that slowed my down was a bad rear brake rotor that kept throwing off weight transfers. Drifts were confident and complete. straits were slow (N/A). I got to the point where i wasnt nervously staring at the hood and steering wheel. I was actually looking about 4 to 7 seconds ahead to the next incline.
                      You have 2 years of experience and you're just starting to look a head of yourself, slow learner I take it. But really I have no idea how ONE rear brake rotor could be throwing off your weight transfer, if any of your brakes work weight transfer will happen anyways. Also if you didnt know the guy how did you know it was a turbo Z

I think I'm hooked. I even came home and finally tried an uphill course on the simulater TXRD2.
                      now this is the one that cracks me up Kaido battle 3 (Tokyo racer drift 2) Is not a simulator has some of the worst physics of any game I have ever played I have pplayed the *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* out of the japanese version because well it is fun. But it is not a sim in any respect really

The weight transfer issue is my main question. My rear brakes need work. but the car would rock like a ship on braking and turn in to the next drift.

so any tips on controlling weight transition?
                      this is such a vague question you can't even answer it its like asking "how do I sail a Sail boat?" i mean the specifics are deep and varied based on the situation. But really if you want to ask a vague question you will get a vague answer

Shift weight forward = let off gas or get on brakes
                      Shift weight rearward = get on gas
                      shift weight to the right = turn left
                      shift weight to left = turn left

use in combination but im sure with 2 years of experience you should al ready know that.

Yes, I need to install my suspension but its cold here so that has to wait.

and either way good suspension or not a bad transition is a bad transition. And i definitely had myself worried two times.

thank you in advance
                      i mean really what you said sounds very vague in every respect so vage that it could easily be a complete fabrication. believe it or not we get alot of people who join this and other web sites who love to make tons of *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* up and we usually don't give stories like yours the benefit of the doubt unless there is some sort of proof

Comment

an 84 carolla sr5 convertable

Ok... that's where you lost me.

Comment

Originally posted by soultron View Post
                          Ok... that's where you lost me.
                          Haha I didnt catch that

they didn't make a vert haha thats a dead givaway right there

Comment

Comment

Last edited by phalerider; 04-09-2008, 02:57 PM.

Comment

. I got a bad habit of power braking at stop light cause the fwd can't. that kills rear brakes.
                                WHAT? do you do burnouts at like every stop light? and is your car and automatic since I have never heard the term "power braking" used with a manual

Cause the FWD can't what? that sentence doesn't make sense

Was this in your 84 SR5 convertable?

Comment

Working...
                                X