bleached tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleached tires?

hey guys. my friend came up to me today and asked me if soaking his tires in bleach would make them slippery...wtf is that. i dont know, but if one of you guys knows if that is true or false, leave one haha...peace

uhmmm, don't try it. I suspect it will.

The only time i've seen bleach poured on tires is for overdramatic burnouts.

Hell, you could try it. Just be careful, of the results and the bleach. Bleach is not good for you.

Comment

alright, thanks. i think my friend wanted to do it cuz he tries to fwd drift and he is trying to cheat an makin his back tires fly out. thx for the info

Comment

yeah bleach burns and just over exagerates burnouts and stuff.

adding gasoline make the burnout become a flaming burnout (!dont actually do it!)

Comment

Be a little careful about what you put on the tire. Some chemicals may discentigrate the rubber and make the tire explode(burn a hole in it or weaken the molecular structure of the rubber).

As far as being slippery, yes, an base(higher PH, opposite of an acid) has a slippery feel to it. Soap is a base, bleach is also. Even milk is a base, lol.

Also, some chemicals can have the opposite effect. For example, if I remember correctly, WD-40 sprayed on rubber will soften the rubber and give it more grip. It goes back to my first paragraph with the discentigrating part, lol, but it can be useful if done right.

Comment

oh man, had to bring up acids and bases, the old number 7. i failed chemistry but i remember that haha.

Comment

In the olden days drag racers used bleach for traction. I is slippery when wet as the tire heats up from a burn out in gets amazing grip. If you sliding a ff car this is not what you want for the back. Alot of old time slot car guys used to wipe the tires with bleach for the same effect. spin them a few times and grip hard. It was outlawed for most competitive sports as well as slotcars.

Comment

If that's the case, I wonder if it does soften the rubber. That would explain both the grip and the huge smoke clouds when you spin them up.

Comment

if he's drifting a ff..just go into the corner really hot and in the high end of rpm, feint then give a little tap with the ole trusty e-brake, just a tap though! then learn how to power through it. it's all about braking/throttle control..but i wouldnt know. never drifted before..too scared

Comment

oh and get some food trays from mcdonalds or something

Comment

me and my dad go drifting around town and we wipe armor all on our tire tread and it work very well there's no concern of the tires falling apart and it gives you plenty of control

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
                        yeah bleach burns and just over exagerates burnouts and stuff.

adding gasoline make the burnout become a flaming burnout (!dont actually do it!)
                        that's why they call you trogdor right? cuz you're such a pyro maniac

Comment

Tray sliding...hahahaha I use to do that back in highschool. It's funny that it got brought up.

Comment

yeah i am a not really a pyro maniac but fire has always been cool.

ripper was talking about www.homestarrunner.com it is a very nice site and yes i am the burninator. he made that dragon because of me. (he wouldnt know majesty if it bit him in the face.)

Comment

Originally posted by blargonator
                              yeah i am a not really a pyro maniac but fire has always been cool.

ripper was talking about www.homestarrunner.com it is a very nice site and yes i am the burninator. he made that dragon because of me. (he wouldnt know majesty if it bit him in the face.)
                              heh we all enjoy a lil sarcasm once in a while right? sorry for the off topic guys. anywy back into beached tires. does the color of the tire change when you bleach it?

Comment

Working...
                              X