No announcement yet.

Xtreme Drift Circuit Announces Record Numbers for 2012 Arizona Rounds 1 and 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xtreme Drift Circuit Announces Record Numbers for 2012 Arizona Rounds 1 and 2

Xtreme Drift Circuit, in partnership with the Hot Import Nights show series, kicked off their drifting season with a double round event bringing record numbers in attendance. The annual automotive festival at the Firebird Raceway in Arizona attracted thousands of fans flocking to cheer on their favorite XDC drivers, viewing top show cars in the HIN NightShift attraction, and experiencing the
    Power 98.3 concert featuring headliner hip hop acts T.Mills, Loverance, Paul Wall, and
    Slim Thug. “This is my third XDC event being a vendor, and having been to every major event in
    Phoenix, I’d have to say this is the largest crowd I’ve seen at Firebird.” stated Han Wong,
    President of Intense Motorsports/Highline International. “We are definitely looking
    forward to the next one!”

In regards to the first drift competition of the 2012 XDC third season, NonStop Tuning
    driver Will Parsons mentioned, “It was very stiff, everyone was doing very well.
    Definitely, some great driving going on. I thought it was great, seemed like there were
    more spectators on Saturday than any of the previous events in Phoenix.”
    Wayne Raqueno, Chief Branding Officer of XDC states, “With constant moves being
    made to better the series, it’s important to elevate the level of competition and do what it
    takes to gear the event to our drivers, sponsors, and especially the fans.” Mr. Raqueno
    adds, “Xtreme Drift Circuit has been celebrating success this year with our new staff
    driven to perform and provide a professional environment. We are excited to take XDC
    to new heights and carry the formula of our first events this quarter and mirror that
    throughout the year.”

“We are witnessing a rebirth of the scene, with the first three shows of the year
    outperforming expectations; Pomona HIN, Manila HIN, and HIN/XDC Arizona. It’s
    good to know the scene is alive and strong. We have seen growing attendance numbers,
    increased media exposure, and fulfilling new and existing sponsor expectations this
    season,” says Michael Munar, CEO of HIN Events. “I am very proud of the management
    team and new partners behind Hot Import Nights and Xtreme Drift Circuit.”

Round 1 Results: Round 2 Results:
    1. Forrest Wang 1. Forrest Wang
    2. Vitaly Sopkin 2. Stewart Leask
    3. Stewart Leask 3. Danny George

Round 3 will take place at Central Florida Racing Complex (CFRC) in Orlando Florida
    for the first leg of the East Coast Division Championships on Sunday May 20th, 2012.
    There will be 3 East and 3 West XDC rounds that lead to a Final Championship event at
    Texas Motor Speedway on September 22nd. The top drivers of the season will be invited
    to compete at the XDC WDrift intercontinental event in Buenos Aires, Argentina on
    November 10-11 of this year.

The sponsor lineup includes: Sylvania Automotive - SilverStar zXe, U.S. Air Force,
    Cooper Tires, Muc-Off, Battery Tender, SonicElectronix.com, Spec Clutch, BC Racing,
    Torco Oil, Max Speed Motor Sports, Spyder, JDM Sport, Enjuku Racing Parts,
    Performance Auto & Sound, D Sport, Super Street, Import Tuner, & Modified Magazine.

ABOUT HOT IMPORT NIGHTS
    Going into its 15th year, HIN Events is the leading producer of touring automotive
    lifestyle events. Based in Southern California, the company produces Hot Import Nights
    the nation's largest and most unique indoor/outdoor car, music, and pop-culture festivals.
    The events are attended by thousands of automotive and entertainment enthusiasts each
    year. For more information, visit www.hotimportnights.com

ABOUT XTREME DRIFT CIRCUIT
    The Xtreme Drift Circuit is a highly competitive action motorsport series that features
    professional and privateer drivers going head-to-head on world class drift courses. The
    mission of XDC is to provide to participants the necessary track time, visibility to
    sponsors, and exposure to all media outlets in a cost effective and professional manner.

For more information, visit http://www.xtremedriftcircuit.com.
    Competitors interested in learning more about competition rules and series regulations,
    please contact XDC Competition Director - Mike Collins,
    mike.c@xtremedriftcircuit.com, (804) 868-9121.
    For all media and sponsorship inquiries, please contact info@xtremedriftcircuit.com or
    info@hotimportnights.com

Which means they will start paying out?

Comment

I don't think there's been more than 1,000 fans at an XDC event before.... so it would be easy to break that attendance "record"

If there were so many people, how about you release numbers?

See Formula D's "record breaking attendance" post from last season:
      http://www.formulad.com/blog/2011/pr...ndance-record/

BAM! 16k +

Your turn, XDC

Comment

Does XDC have media other than the drivers themselves releasing a promo? Do the have streams, DVDs, anything?

Comment

Originally posted by my 1 88 u View Post
          Does XDC have media other than the drivers themselves releasing a promo? Do the have streams, DVDs, anything?

No media at all

“We are witnessing a rebirth of the scene, with the first three shows of the year
          outperforming expectations; Pomona HIN, Manila HIN, and HIN/XDC Arizona. It’s
          good to know the scene is alive and strong. We have seen growing attendance numbers,
          increased media exposure, and fulfilling new and existing sponsor expectations this
          season,” says Michael Munar

Also, if the above statement is true, then it should be easy to PAY OFF YOUR DEBTS. What is the hold up???

Comment

How hard is it to make a damn 5 minute video recap of the rounds? I know zero about this series other than photos on wreckedmagazine. I know more about Euro and Aussie/NZ series than I do about WDC

Comment

From what I've seen, it's just a grass-roots type thing anyways. Imagine seeing NASCAR style coverage of an SCCA event. Sounds a bit lame if you ask me.

But in all honesty, I'd rather go to one of these events than an FD event.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jVww1umxtK4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Man.... I would be kinda into the series is if actually had its own identity. I barely like FD, why would I pay to see FD junior? I'm not gonna spend my hard earn dollars to see 5 car gap tandem pressed against a fence.

Shape up XDC...change the name while your at it.

Comment

Working...
                X