No announcement yet.

FWD overstreering/drifting/ *** dragging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one thing i do to my car is i take a strap and stretch it over the button on the e-brake, then i slide a hose clamp over that. this holds the button down and leaves me less to worry about. i also use a broady knob. i lost my right hand so those 2 things are life savers in drifting for me! luckily i can still hook my knub on the e-brake ;] haha

Comment

Unless you can do this with your FWD car, don't waste your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrEJb0HaeY

And don't expect a response when quoting someones 5 y/o post, especially when they haven't checked the board in over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
        Unless you can do this with your FWD car, don't waste your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJrEJb0HaeY

And don't expect a response when quoting someones 5 y/o post, especially when they haven't checked the board in over a year.
        That's a good point. I just saw the thread pop up and figured if someone was going to read the response about the FF, I would chime in. Gonna def look at the date next time I pull up a quote tho.

Comment

Hey all, I'm know I'm a n00b, but everyone was at one time. I currently have a CRV, but I really want to get a Civic coupe sometime in the future (not the Si because I can't afford the insurance or premium gas). Obviously, I'm not going to get a new one, maybe a 5-year-old one, but I was wondering what upgrades/setups would be necessary to make sure I don't ruin anything.

Comment

Why would you "really want to get a Civic coupe sometime in the future?" You do realize you signed up on a drifting forum, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Cavi Mike View Post
              Why would you "really want to get a Civic coupe sometime in the future?" You do realize you signed up on a drifting forum, right?
              Here's my reasons:
              -I need something really efficient
              -I need something with space for a compact drumset (the rear seats fold down and connect the trunk to the cabin)
              -I honestly don't care if it's not RWD (like Tercel_drifter said, I just want to have fun)
              -I want something ultra reliable and cheap to run

Does that sound reasonable? And yes, I do realize what I signed up for and I'm fully prepared to take the heat. And....... I know someone who works for Honda and can get me parts for pretty cheap.
              Last edited by tenorsextets; 12-17-2010, 04:27 PM. Reason: Extra information

Comment

avoid curbs at all costs. no setup necessary to drag.

Comment

Originally posted by tenorsextets View Post
                  Here's my reasons:
                  *nothing pertaining to drifting*
                  Join a Honduh forum.

Comment

Anyone ever heard of Keisuke Hatakeyama? That guy is a beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otmaRuQNSTA

He hardly touches the E-brake too.

Comment

^ This guy made it look so natural. Not bad.

Comment

What's cool is he's sponsored by Falken and might be drifting in some competitions. Still waiting for an announcement or news update. It would be pretty cool to see a little 1991 EF9 Civic hatch out there killing a 240SX or something. Here's an interview with him in Honda Tuning magazine:

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/f...iew/index.html

Comment

I dont think that would be cool personaly but it would make a very interesting field. More exciting. ff vs fr. Thats nuts.

Comment

Oh my god will you guys please stop already. There are plenty of cheap rwd cars out there from V6 Camaros and Mustangs right down to the trusty ole 240. Stop with this crap. Drifting a fwd car is like doing a fat chick.

Comment

Honestly I think FWD drifting is a waste of time, I would definitely try it so i could have actual experience, but I will stick with RWD, but OP, Good sticking to what you like.

Comment

Working...
                              X