South Florida Motorsports Report, DGTrials, BrownTye Productions,
    Combustion Inc. & Hialeah Speedway.

Friday April 2nd, 2004
    1st of 5 events to run in 2004
    Hialeah Speedway
    Paddock gates open at 5:00pm
    Drivers Meeting starts at 6:30pm Competition start at 7:00pm
    (All times subject to change)

OVER $1000.00 In CASH AND PRIZES to the Winners!
    THIS IS A JUDGED EVENT
    Registration $45.00 on-line. $50.00 day of event
    Register On-Line at http://www.DGTrials.com
    General Spectator Admission $8.00 Children under 12 $5.00. Under 5 Free
    Paddock/Pit Pass $20.00
    Drifting Clinic to be held on Sunday, March 14th at Hialeah Speedway

All Vehicles must be inspected for safety and equipment.
    All Drifters must wear Snell approved racing helmet.

Other events to take place during Drift Miami:
    10 lap Limited Late Model Demonstration Race.
    More Events to be announced!

Expected media coverage to include:
    The Miami Herald, Speed-Logic, Motorsports Saturday-WQAM, BraggenRites magazine, NOPI Magazine, Makes&Models Magazine and
    The South Florida Motorsports Report.

For more INFO go to:
    http://www.SFMREPORT.com

!

how will this event compare to the first DG trials hosted in Hialeah speedway and... is there gonna be any pros?

also another compitition comming up is drift showoff in homestead

Comment

Drift Miami

The Dg Trials event was a Fun Drift/Clinic. Miami Drift is a competition. It will take place on the Speedway itself under the lights.
      There will be some local professional Road racers participating in demonstrations but The Main Idea is to develop Pro Drifters from Florida and the Eastern US.

Comment

congrats... you got all this coverage... on THE WORST TRACK IN THE WORLD!!! they HAD to PUSH the fire rescue truck off the drift track last time...
        http://www.boomspeed.com/spazum888/firepush.JPG
        wtf was that... and wut was up with the BBQ gril in the middle of the track??? place was dirty... gonna take a spanish book just to get out of there... now dont get me wrong, i had fun, but that was because i was with fellow drifters learning and watching... but that placed suxed pretty bad.

most of the drifters were from tampa.... and i know about 3 including me that were from orlando... the Hialeah event is 4 hours from both cities.... you know Jay with the siliva? he didnt go just because its SOOO damn far. i know about 6 just from orlando that didnt go just because of that reason. im not saying i hate travling... but come on.

FIND A BETTER PLACE
        Last edited by Spazum888; 03-31-2004, 02:27 PM.

Comment

so i guess since braile auto is sponsering, the white integra wont be able to drift then, huh? oh well, since this is my first drift event, this should all even out! and also, they raised the price by three dollars. ok, im just a kid, but i was wonderin if i should get the pit pass. i was hoping to get some snaps of in motion drifts. As for the worst track, i have no beef with it cause this is my first one, yay! And com one Spaz, there needs to be coverage down here in South Florida too. Maybe like Gulfstream or Homestead but its still south florida. The info on the website isn't updated. It uses the info from May 21st for the event.

Comment

The Accura will be there to Drift. In fact he will be here thursday testing. He just can't win any prizes.
            As for Coverage.....How about the 1/2 page article in last Sunday's Miami Herald?

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/8295565.htm

Not enough? How about Speedlogic? South Florida Motorsports Report? TV not good enough? How about NOPI Performance? Braggenrites Magazine? Gauge Magazine? How about the event being covered and results published in the Miami Herald?

I guess when some people are confronted with the fact that their ability& Talent will be judged they have to come up with some lame excuse to not put up! Miami is too far? Miami is the only city that matters in the entire state of Florida. I'll take Sobe or the Grove over Disney World any day. At least you guys in Orlando can hold your head up hi because you have the BackStreet Boys!

We have another event scheduled for Hialeah Speedway on May 21st and another in June. We are looking at other venues around the State. We will be announcing the series soon.
            This is a Competition. You will be judged and awards will be given.
            Time to put up or shut up!

BTW
            That is my fat butt in the Photo pushing that POS old truck. Where should I send the invoice for my Modeling services? I signed no release. And I warn you...I am not cheap!

Comment

The Guldstream event is just a Drifting exhibition and the Showoff event at Homestead is not a done deal!

Comment

thanks alot for the info man. btw, is the pit pass for crew only or can spectators go in too, for its worth for a kid who has no money/no car like me($20)?

Comment

Pit/Paddock pass is available for the general public. It gives you the oppourtunity to see the cars up-close and talk to the drivers and of course it gives you access to the Grandstands.

Is it worth it? That depends. If your a fan of the Cars then its worth it. If you just want to see drifting then the General addmission is good for you!

Comment

for my 1st drift event, id say it was the best 8 bux ever spent. i was the kid i think people called jet li with the fat white kid tagging along. dam that ish was good! especially the red 240sx, the coupe, RWD teg, and the silver/gold/gray/ 240 driven by that 17 yr old kid (i heard hes only been drifting for 8 months, damn!) which btw, no one really stuck around for the announcement of a winner. It was also cool for the speedway to open up the pit area for free and let the audience watch up onto the fence. dam, u dont realize how intense it is until you stand by the fence at the big turns. when people started watching up to the fences, thats when the real fun began when they had 2 drifters at a time. the thing that pissed me off was when the intermissions began to go on too long, people started leaving. Also, when they connected the drifts, its like no one noticed how hard that was and the cheering was lame, unlike D1 where i heard it gets loud there. but damn that was a good show! the funny parts was the grafitti bus trying to drift (slidin on 2 wheels), when the teg hit the ditches, the cones getting caught (along with alotta overheating, bursting tires, etc), and the race car stalling (everyone as laughing). BTW, does anyone know which newspaper covered it? was it the sentinel or herald?
                    Man, i gotta buy the DVD. Anyone know how to preorder it on sfmrepot.com? also, i got a ton of pics with a digi cam but they kinda suck. ill try to post em but ive seen people go there equipped with all the fancy stuff so dont expect much from me. Definatly goin to the next practice and comp. is the next practice gonna be on the track or parking lot? what about the locals? we didnt get to see any of them drift. btw, what was the kids name with the green cap? i heard he was 17. he could probably make it on drivers search along with the driver with the painted bumper red 240SX. i was wonderin how that kid got into driftin at 17. money? experience? or tofu runs at 12?

http://www.drifting.com/forums/showt...3298#post43298
                    Last edited by s0nny80y; 04-02-2004, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Drift Miami DVD

Thanks for cooming out. Glad you had a great time. Wait till the next one in May. More cars more action.

We will soon be having the DVD's Up for sale on http://www.sfmreport.com

Until then e-mail me at info@sfmreport.com and I will give you all the info.

Comment

The drifting event was great. I was kinda disappointed that not a lot of cars showed up to compete. But I think with time that'll change as more and more people get familiar with drifting down here. Keep up the good work guys. It's good to know that someone is trying to pass over the drifting movement over here.

Comment

s florida

i just moved down here from s carolina, and we didnt have too much of a following up there. i'm glad to see somethings going on worth a damn in south florida. its funny, the week i move, they have the first event i'd heard about in greenville...where i moved from. sucks that i missed fridays event, but thats cool, i'm sure there'll be more. anyway, i'm in weston, where i feel kinda outta place in my 87 s12, and everyone's in damn luxo's, and suv's... oh well, anyone, hit me up with anything thats goin on...

Comment

It totally sucked *Censored**Censored**Censored*. I liked the clinic better> I'm friends with the DG trials guys and they were disapointed at how the track owners wanted to make the events "theirs" by adding *Censored**Censored**Censored* buses and nascar crap, but it left the audience pissed and saying "i came here for drifting not redneck *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*!"

I'll be driving in the next clinic and thats not gonna be in the track so thats good.

Comment

So why didn't you compete? Afraid to have everyone see how you can't drift. It is easy to do donuts in a parking lot and pretend your hot sh*t when no one is watching.
                              I guess when you have a crowd of over 1000 people and awards and prizes on the line you are just like all the other "friends" of DGTrials....All talk!
                              Funny how for the parking lot event there were lots of you guys there but when it was time to put out only 1 of you guys signed up!
                              It was because of you cowards that we had to bring out some of the Hialeah guys to give the fans a show.
                              Interesting fact: Of all the people at the event I talked to the only ones who complained about the event were the "friends" of DGTrials!
                              I guess you guys are just content to be little kids playing in parking lots. At least some guys had the guts to take the next step and act like professionals.
                              BTW The guy who came in 1st place won over $1000 dollars in prizes and a Sponsorship!!!
                              Last edited by sfmreport; 04-07-2004, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X