No announcement yet.

Bicycle drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only fallen like 7or 8 times. The worst was when I was doing like 16 or 17 and I pulled a good long one then when I let off, the bike rotated like a full 180 and so it was sliding backwards and it flung me back onto my back. I rolled a good 15 feet.

It sucked but the worst was I was trying to show off and all my friends saw it happen.

Comment

when i was like 12-14 i would always get going real fast and hit back on the pedal and slide all the way to a stop... that was great fun!

Comment

I've bicycle drifted untill I learned I could jump it off crap. I liked to see how long we could make the skid marks the same now applies to cars, I guess I'll never grow up

Comment

Actually, Bike Drifting just about saved my life once. I had always done that, riding without hands, and bike ramps with my friends. We would take our bikes, get brand-new pads in the back (no coaster-brakes here), and skid all over the place... getting up to about 25 MPH sometimes and locking the rear (I used weight transfer too, even tho I didnt know what it was then) I also used it on these nice downhill switchbacks in Germany.
          Well, anywho, I used to ride my bike to and from work last summer because it was only like a mile, and it was good exercize, but the ride home was always the best, cause it was a nice long down-hill that i would occasionally hit about 45 MPH on (yes, I had a helmet, but thankfully never needed it) Well, one of these times I was going downhill at about 40, and a car pulled out in front of me from a parking spot without even looking, I just instinctively locked the rear wheel, slid into the oncoming traffic around the a$$hole, snapped the rear wheel around to the other side, and barely missed an oncoming car. It was some scary a$$ $hit there, but the slide was awesome, and it left a great signature on the pavement. I never want to do that again tho... it was just that I had experience with it that I avoided the cars.

BTW, i wonder how fast those guys in the pics are going...?

Comment

couple of years ago i was sliding around my friends house (no helmet, im too cool for safety hahahahaha) trying to see if i could do a 360 (idiot) so i was going super fast, slammed on the brakes, whipped it around, then flew off in a spectacle on face meeting asphalt. My back bent over me real funny-like, my face/head bashed the road, and hands, elbows, and knees had all kinds of scrapes. Luckily i got up and walked away, lucky i didnt break my back the way it bent. those were the good ol' days.

Comment

damn crazy kids. lol on my way down a hill the sidewalk is lightly covered in sand. i didnt notice it until i was on it and there was a light post in my way... lol i locked the brakes and slid around it. almost ended up clipping it tho... i also popped a tire locking up the rear once... i fell flat on my face... my bike is now in the toolshed rusting away.. poor bike

Comment

I've seen video of this stuff...they aren't just locking up the rear guys, they actually ride them out. Those kids are nuts.

As for motorcycles, check out MotoGP and pay close attention. You will see some pretty butt clentching, white smoke, bike drifts quite often. Those guys step out the rear like it's part of their body. (Rossi kicks a$$)

Comment

I'm dont mean to brag but thats nothing compared to what me and my friend do, hopefully i may be able to get some pics up tomorrow of the insane drifting we do. lets put it this way i've nearly got a 360* spin down. We do it at this abandoned(sp) gas station with really freaking smooth concrete so when its wet the old oil and smooth surface it literaly becomes like ice, kick a$$ stuff!

only matched by out shopping cart drifts, buts a whole nother story...

Comment

man they do this out front my shop all the time. But you need a mammacharin to do it right. Something to do with the basket and the baby seat i guess. Ill get some picks of the little dudes doin it sometime.

Comment

ahhhhh coaster brakes those were the days!!!!! longest skid half a city block comin off my uncles rear bumper only reason i stopped cuzz tire popped good ole times times havent exepct the vehicle we use!!!! life s great

Comment

i used to see how sideways i could get on my back pedal brakes... i got completely sideways before and at about a 45 degree angle and then when i was stopped physics took over and flipped my upright and then off me bike and dumped me on the street...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfromda909
                          when i was stopped physics took over and flipped my upright and then off me bike and dumped me on the street...
                          That has happens to me sometimes crappy tires make it worse. If you have good tires like Maxxis then you can get over sideways so the back wheel is in front of the front wheel. Then still pull out of it.

Comment

After It rained a couple days ago, I tried drifting my kick scooter. Not fun

Comment

eh..bike drifting i saw the cute video of the five year old with his bike and he drifted it ( bike had training wheels, i thing the pic was a .gif) ...anyway...i never really did drifting with bikes...thats stupid...yeah i skid and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored* but never crazy *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*..use to go off ramps and pull the front brake and then bunny hop and *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...thats about it but not stupid *Censored**Censored**Censored**Censored*...yeah id like to see those kids drift there bikes...id probably pick up a stick and throw it there wheels screaming "DORIIIFTOOOOO". .or soemthing..

Comment

You guys never heard of Supermotard??

For those uneducated, its a form of road racing for motorcycles, and the aim of the game is drift. The bikes are motocrossers with smaller rims and street tires. Top speed isnt usually very high, but you could pull wheelies 'till the cows come home and come home yourself with some brown trowsers. Dont think that supermoto is just a little gathering of bikers, its a massive world community. Heres a teaser pic.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X