Toyota Soarer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

things id like to have though.......jzx90-110
    phg50, a31,c33,y33....and of course i think my s13 again.

just have a yard full of cars.

back on track though Jzz30 is pimp!

Comment

from what i remeber the seats are each like 60 pounds or something stupid like that. The hood is heavy as hell. Theres tons of sound deading everywere in the car. its easy to shave off a few pounds in the car just a lot of light weight parts. the exhaust is heavy as hell. the wheels and so forth. ANd the suspension blows stock way to soft

Comment

I hear that the stock motor mounts suc a$$ too

Dont the 92 sc300 come with 2jz's, y not just turbo charge it and drop the compression?

Comment

Vududoc and I gutted the cars trunk and has carbon hood and trunk with Tein SS coil overs and 5zigen 17 fn rims. and it weighed at around 3500 pounds on the weigh station

Comment

jzz30 is heavy well the us versions sc300 and sc400 are more like luxury cars... i never seen a manual tranny one come stock.in the us,but in japan yea they have auto and i think 5 speed's they come with 1JZGTE i beleive in japan.i thought the us versions came with v6 and v8's? someone said something about a straight 6 2JZ naturally asperated and lower compression? im not too sure on that but maybe.

Comment

SCs never came with V6s, all I6 and V8's. And yes, its not a bad idea to slap a turbo and head gasket on the stock SC300s and have ur self a turbo one, but the components inside the motor arn't built to handel as much power as a stock 2jzgte. Yea, I believe the JDM Sc300 turbo/twinturbo (think they came in both) did come with a 1jz. (side note, thats what uneo is running.)

Comment

build up the V8 and beat up on boosted cars stoplight-to-stoplight

Comment

In stock form... 91-96 models (zenki(91-94 before minor change) and chuki (95-96 middle of minor change)) 2.5L turbo Soarers are twin turbos. (twin CT12A turbines, that will blow real easy once the boost is turned up past 1.0kg for prolonged periods of time due to wonderful ceramic blade turbines ...spools fast though) I believe from 97 to the end of jzz30 body .. I think 2000 or 2001 (kouki (97+ after minor change)) they changed over to VVTi and single turbine (CT26 if I remember correctly) These engines correspond to the same Chaser/Cresta/MarkII of 90 and 100 series engines as well. 90= twin trubo 100=VVTi with single turbo.

If your lucky enough to find one... JZX90 cpu is same cpu as JZZ30 so if you find a front clip with cpu and harness from JZX90 it will work as it is the same cpu/harness to engine. likewise jzx90 power fc or fcon will work for soarer as well. just some things to ponder anyways good luck.
                  Last edited by drunkcarlos; 02-17-2005, 11:53 PM.

Comment

ok, what does zenki and chuki mean?

Comment

he means zenki-older kouki- newer

Comment

Originally posted by drunkcarlos
                        In stock form... 91-96 models (zenki(91-94 before minor change) and chuki (95-96 middle of minor change)) 2.5L turbo Soarers are twin turbos. (twin CT12A turbines, that will blow real easy once the boost is turned up past 1.0kg for prolonged periods of time due to wonderful ceramic blade turbines ...spools fast though) I believe from 97 to the end of jzz30 body .. I think 2000 or 2001 (kouki (97+ after minor change)) they changed over to VVTi and single turbine (CT26 if I remember correctly) These engines correspond to the same Chaser/Cresta/MarkII of 90 and 100 series engines as well. 90= twin trubo 100=VVTi with single turbo.

If your lucky enough to find one... JZX90 cpu is same cpu as JZZ30 so if you find a front clip with cpu and harness from JZX90 it will work as it is the same cpu/harness to engine. likewise jzx90 power fc or fcon will work for soarer as well. just some things to ponder anyways good luck.
                        not to jack the thread but im in the middle of dropping in the vvti motor in my 92....Then i will blow driftgirls doors off . but i ran into a snag.....the damn driveline from the SC300 (2jz NA 5sp) is smaller....you got any info regard the yolk i can use? aside from that the wiring needs about 3more feet. other than that ... im cruising along with the swap...this is all at about 8 hours worth of work.

to keep with thread. i have some new seats to lighten the load. and will be gutting the interior. when i yanked the engine i was able to push the clip around fairly easy....but can easily tell that alot of the weight are those motors.

Comment

Custom driveline...will cut down on rotating mass (vs stock) as well. Should be around 700.00 or so

Oh yeah....Bring it, its lonley at the top

Comment

All is well....im working on mine last night...basically noting all the differences and basically got all the quirks worked out. gonna be a good write and hopefully i get another project car..... ill pass on the driveline as for a grand id be more inclined for lsd upgrade or turbo mods.

np.... ill be happy to take over tops.

Comment

It's a performance upgrade and saves hella weight (carbon shaft) ..... LSD will more than make up for it tho

Gonna be ready for the NWN meet?

** Oh, Can't beat me with my own style....But the company is welcome

Comment

I would hate be at the top of the totem pole, thats were all the birds land and crap on you LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X