Supra drifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supra drifting

ME. i been thinking, why havent i heard much about the potential for a supra drifting? Maybe cause i live in the boonies, or maybe im stupid(i believe its the second one ) Rwd, good horse power, and good looking, plus its a toyota. Sure nissan is taking over drifting with 240sx's. I mean mustangs can drift. why not a supra? I've seen a video of a yellow JUN supra drifting, it cool. Any supra drifters on this site?? reply!
    Attached Files

MKIII seems like a good car to drift with. You know bring some old school flavor to it. MKIV look like good cars to use. Power with those are high so i see no reason not to use one.

Reply!
    Attached Files

Comment

Alot of people drift supras that can afford it....its a pretty expensive car, and god knows your gonna make mistakes drifting so why fack up a supra when you could fack up a 240. At the drift showoff a driver from RS-R had a nice supra.

Comment

yea i saw that supra on the drifting mag. pretty pimp wasnt it?

Comment

The one on the front was a 350z...lol cant reanember if they pictured the RS-R drift supra. Look in the "Gallery" for a desktop photo of a supra.

Comment

yeah a lot of drifters in japan use the mk 3 and quite a few mk 4's. but the supra is best suited to do wangan battle. heavy weight is good for 300km runs, not the best for drift, but can still be used. they're also expensive to destroy. if i had a mk3 or 4 it would be straight up wangan. drift in all about the 240sx, rx7, and other middle and light weight cars....not that the heavy's can't hang...just takes a lot more skill.

Comment

i realized that that was the one of the cover bout 3 seconds after i posted it. i was hopeing no one would noticed

Comment

MKIII

yea well im not a rich kid. my parents cant afford to buy me a car. MKIII is something i could afford. Are they as heavy as the MKIV? i dont think they are. MKIII is what I want, or a 1994 toyota celica. arent those RWD? oh well tell me which would be better MKIII or an older celica.

Comment

yah, its pricey!

I read sumplace once that to use a supra for drift:
                  It can be done (obviously) and is great to see/try...BUT its "heavy" or "bulky" handling is a down side....I'm not sure about its weight distribution either, perhaps that was another "X" against it too....just like how u dont see many Skylines drifting...they fatasses....not dat i wouldnt take one!

Comment

Re: MKIII

Originally posted by nuclear_turtle
                    yea well im not a rich kid. my parents cant afford to buy me a car. MKIII is something i could afford. Are they as heavy as the MKIV? i dont think they are. MKIII is what I want, or a 1994 toyota celica. arent those RWD? oh well tell me which would be better MKIII or an older celica.
                    yeah the mk3 is a heavy mofo too! around the 3200lb mark if i'm not mistaken. gvw is like 4200lbs (car + load capacity).

i think the weight balance is ok on these cars (they drift them a lot in japan) but if you're learning i wouldn't suggest it. i'd say stick with the old school celica or mk2 supra or an old corolla gt-s (ae86). that's if you wanna' stay toyota...if you're not brand loyal, then look at 240sx, FC, mx-5, fairladys...etc.

Comment

hachi's and 240's are for kids on a budget... ...like me

Comment

same here bro, same here...

'cept i'm riding the mx-5 LOL>

Comment

yea i cant afford an older RX-7 cause it eats gas. 240 is what im thinking about, I really want an older celica. MKIII supras are cool. I didnt know they were that heavy, MKIV supras are so pimp. Celica is what im looking at or a MKIII supra. oh well peace homies

Comment

You guys watch Chasers, Soarers, and 4 door Skylines drift in Professional compeitition in every option episode you see. You you guys put a heavy emphasis on weight. In most cases if you use a big car as long as you match the power to weight ratio with the smaller cars you'll be fine. On really tight courses the bigger cars are a little harder to handle, but if you get good enough for that to hinder you you'll probably learn how to drive the car on a tight course.

Statik

Comment

Originally posted by Statik
                              You guys watch Chasers, Soarers, and 4 door Skylines drift in Professional compeitition in every option episode you see. You you guys put a heavy emphasis on weight. In most cases if you use a big car as long as you match the power to weight ratio with the smaller cars you'll be fine. On really tight courses the bigger cars are a little harder to handle, but if you get good enough for that to hinder you you'll probably learn how to drive the car on a tight course.

Statik
                              yeah but to compensate for the weight you'll need some wider tires to get you through the turns a bit faster. and wider tires means more money!

and i've only seen one 4dr skyline in the D1 battles. Nomuken's skyline. and ueno's (sp?) soarer.

Comment

Working...
                              X