Mickey Andrade Resigns from Falken Tire from The DriftZone Live Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickey Andrade Resigns from Falken Tire from The DriftZone Live Blog

Mikey Andrade, Competition Director for Team Falken Tires resigned his position today, effective immediately.
    Read the story on The DriftZone Live Blog
    http://thedriftzone.com/liveblog
    Last edited by Mediaman; 06-07-2008, 08:30 AM.

Falken doesn't care about drifting.

-Kanye West

Comment

mike meyers is concerned

Comment

I dont think this is all that big of a deal. Hes probably going to move on to something big and I'm sure they alredy have a replacement in mind. In fact I think I have a pretty good idea of who it would be.

I wish the guy luck in his next step

Comment

I wish him good luck in his next project. Im sure alot of people dont know how hard he worked to create such an awesome team.

Comment

Tree is gone at Falken too. Falken definitely lost 2 of their hardest workers this week. It will be interesting to see how this affects the team in NJ.

Good luck to Tree and Mickey, they both worked very hard for Falken and deserve a chance to lead another team to the top!

Comment

Good luck to Mickey for sure.
              Team Falken is a good team and I am sure that they will rebound from this with out a problem.

Comment

Courtney will take care of him

I think Mickey will be just fine with his girlfriend Courtney by his side.

Comment

It was a pleasure sitting up in the Spotter's area at Formula Drift events next to Mickey at every event. He's even had his own crew members help out our team when we needed assistance on the track.

Good Luck to Mickey. Hope to see you around soon!

Comment

It definitely was an honor and pleasure to work with Mickey and the crew at Falken. Mickey and Nick were the two that hired me. With Nick promoted in the company, and Mickey gone, its going to be crazy to see where Falken goes from here. Mickey, the drivers/staff/mechanics, and the "O.G's" have built a successful program in drifting. Under the Nick/Mickey reign, we had:

Largest drift team
                    1st and 2nd import win in FD (C.Wan and C. Forsberg)
                    D1 US vs. Japan Champion and World Champion (JR Gittin)
                    One of the first to bring Drifting to the states (pro-level)
                    Seigo Yamamoto, Yoshinori Koguchi, Hatakeyama, Robbie Nishida and several others from Japan.
                    looking elsewhere other than Japan to find drivers (Darren McNamara)
                    Probably the sickest ensamble of drivers from the states.
                    Crazy Motors, off the wall cars, sickest setups.
                    etc, etc, etc..

Not only does Mickey get kudos, but the guys that have worked under Mickey deserve credit as well. My former Teammates/Co-workers Edo, Kevin, and Jonathon have all done their part to make the team what it is today. Obviously, of course, none of this couldnt have been done without the drivers and mechanics that Falken has employed (past and present). Thank you to all.

For years, I have sat and watched people flame on Falken saying that they dont care about drifting, cars sucks, etc. All of the staff that worked on the Motorsports team were diehard drift enthusiasts, and would do whatever it takes to stay "true" to the culture. They took chances, some worked, some didnt. Granted, everyone has their opinions, but do remember to think that if it wasnt for Falken, and a select few, there wouldnt be drifting on this scale in the US. Falken contributed/sponsored the Drift Day program, that SOME of you have taken. Give respect to where its due.

Falken took a chance with drifting, and will take another chance after the departures of Mickey, myself, and others. Im sure they will do fine. Best of luck to the remaining team of Falken Tire/Falken Motorsports.

Best wishes to Mickey on whatever new paths that he takes. Im sure Courtney will take care of his @$$ until he lands a new gig...(kidding).

To all of the industry people that i have encountered on the tracks of FD and D1, thank you for your help and support. Hopefully, I will see you all on the track again.

Cameltouge A.K.A "Tree", formally of Falken Tire/Motorsports.
                    Last edited by CamelTouge; 06-19-2008, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Never knew Tree was Camel Toe.

So why'd you quit or fired buddy?

Comment

Originally posted by CamelTouge View Post
                        It definitely was an honor and pleasure to work with Mickey and the crew at Falken. Mickey and Nick were the two that hired me. With Nick promoted in the company, and Mickey gone, its going to be crazy to see where Falken goes from here. Even though myself and Mickey may have disagreed on things, he, the drivers/staff/mechanics, and the "O.G's" have built a successful program in drifting. Under the Nick/Mickey reign, we had:

Largest drift team
                        1st and 2nd import win in FD (C.Wan and C. Forsberg)
                        D1 US vs. Japan Champion and World Champion (JR Gittin)
                        One of the first to bring Drifting to the states (pro-level)
                        Seigo Yamamoto, Yoshinori Koguchi, Hatakeyama, Robbie Nishida and several others from Japan.
                        looking elsewhere other than Japan to find drivers (Darren McNamara)
                        Probably the sickest ensamble of drivers from the states.
                        Crazy Motors, off the wall cars, sickest setups.
                        etc, etc, etc..

Not only does Mickey get kudos, but the guys that have worked under Mickey deserve credit as well. My former Teammates/Co-workers Edo, Kevin, and Jonathon have all done their part to make the team what it is today. Obviously, of course, none of this couldnt have been done without the drivers and mechanics that Falken has employed (past and present). Thank you to all.

For years, I have sat and watched people flame on Falken saying that they dont care about drifting, cars sucks, etc. All of the staff that worked on the Motorsports team were diehard drift enthusiasts, and would do whatever it takes to stay "true" to the culture. They took chances, some worked, some didnt. Granted, everyone has their opinions, but do remember to think that if it wasnt for Falken, and a select few, there wouldnt be drifting on this scale in the US. Falken contributed/sponsored the Drift Day program, that SOME of you have taken. Give respect to where its due.

Falken took a chance with drifting, and will take another chance after the departures of Mickey, myself, and others. Im sure they will do fine. Best of luck to the remaining team of Falken Tire/Falken Motorsports.

Best wishes to Mickey on whatever new paths that he takes. Im sure Courtney will take care of his @$$ until he lands a new gig...(kidding).

To all of the industry people that i have encountered on the tracks of FD and D1, thank you for your help and support. Hopefully, I will see you all on the track again.

Cameltouge A.K.A "Tree", formally of Falken Tire/Motorsports.
                        TREE!
                        hey...it's scott (from the other tire company...).
                        hit me up. wanna talk to you about some things...

but back on topic...props to Mickey and the whole team at Falken for putting drifting on the map, and always having an air conditioned rig, food and drinks at the track.
                        Last edited by captainNEO; 06-11-2008, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
                          Never knew Tree was Camel Toe.

So why'd you quit or fired buddy?
                          I knew it was him but I was sworn to secracy...well not really..I just didn't want him to get pissed off at me..hes very tall..

Comment

Best of luck to Tree and Mickey. Everything happens for a reason. Now it's time for you two to shine big time!
                            Hubert Young
                            KORE 8 Films

Comment

Thanks for all the "best wishes".

Al...i got fired for stealing boxes on my day off, and giving you too many free waters at the track.

(please note that im being sarcastic).

Comment

Working...
                              X