Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DriftGirl
    Gonna be ready for the NWN meet? Oh, Can't beat me with my own style
    im trying to get it all sorted out in time and hope to be there with the project completed. the engin was pretty much installed today and now is all the accessories and wiring. hopefully the driveline will be completed also. style....hmmmmm

I would hate be at the top of the totem pole, thats were all the birds land and crap on you LOL
    though if smart you will always bring an umbrella or a shovel.....

Comment

Originally posted by GranMastrDrift
      I would hate be at the top of the totem pole, thats were all the birds land and crap on you LOL
      I'm the bird

Comment

Cool!! I hope it gets done by then...its really close, so work hard!! You can always take the shaft to a driveline shop (kind that specialize in custom 4x4 trucks) to get your stock one sorted out, They do that type of stuff all the time.

I dont think people realize how rare the swap that youre doing is ...

Comment

sc3005spd

wow didnt know alot of people wanted a 5spd sc300 lucky i got mine 2 years ago haha although i wouldnt practice drifting on it till i got some experience

Comment

oh yeah....Bring it, its lonley at the top
            Ya have to admire someone who has the balls to say that.

Comment

i dont know dude, i couldn't really admire a girl with balls, but thats just me ya know.

Comment

Yeah...looking a little to hard into that one.

But hey, dg, can you post some action pics of ur soarer?

Comment

I would love to take my SC300 to a drifting event.

Need to figure out a way to handle the "weak" transmission before I can do this. I heard about swapping the Getrag 6-speed...but if I'm doing that. Then, I may as well do a 2JZ-GTE swap as well.

Comment

yeah if youre thinking about making ur sc300/400 a manual tranny might as well do a 1jzgte or a 2jzgte swap those things are sexy. jay from driftspeed has a clean sc with a 1jzgte its sexy

Comment

Actually...my SC300 is a manual. I was told that the transmission (W58) will not take that much abuse (from the guys at RPS Clutch). So I'm trying to figure out what my options are. Getrag 6-speed would screw up my speedometer and if I'm doing this...I'm going w/ 2JZ. However,...it is also really expensive.

Hmm...not sure what to do at this moment.

Comment

Cool!! I hope it gets done by then...its really close, so work hard!! You can always take the shaft to a driveline shop (kind that specialize in custom 4x4 trucks) to get your stock one sorted out, They do that type of stuff all the time.

I dont think people realize how rare the swap that youre doing is ...
                        nope i dont think they do... .. well here it is in all its splendor. One of the firsts . I am really happy with the overall turn out...now come more tuning items and kit and its on...plus need to clean the motor.
                        Attached Files

Comment

so fast sooooo fast hehe thanks for the ride lou lol i have something and someone to look up to now that tim is gone lol

Comment

Originally posted by DomLee
                            I would love to take my SC300 to a drifting event.

Need to figure out a way to handle the "weak" transmission before I can do this. I heard about swapping the Getrag 6-speed...but if I'm doing that. Then, I may as well do a 2JZ-GTE swap as well.
                            the tranny is a weak point but the getrag is waaay overkill unless you're planning on a 500hp+ car...

The JDM 5spd is what you want but they're hard to find...

BTW, a sub 3000lb SC/Soarer is possible with some gutting, carbon fiber parts, and a titanium exhaust. I don't think Driftgirl is right about the doors though...they're suuuper heavy. The Vertex ones cost about $8000 but they're drycarbon which isn't practical or affordable for most people. A company called SWAT makes FR and wet carbon doors that are much cheaper and should help enough. Lexan door windows would help alot also. GTP products suck and it would be interesting to actually see how much weight their CF trunk saves...I doubt it's much. I reccomend the Varis CF hood ( www.varisusa.com) as it's great quality and very lightweight.

Comment

JDM 5-speed huh? It is going to be extremely hard to find.

Not many 5-speed Soarers in Japan either, so that makes it difficult already. But I don't have any info on the JDM 5-speed.

Do any of you guys have any info on the tranny? Want to know more about it now as I've NEVER heard of it being used in a US car.

Comment

Originally posted by VuDuDoc
                                nope i dont think they do... .. well here it is in all its splendor. One of the firsts . I am really happy with the overall turn out...now come more tuning items and kit and its on...plus need to clean the motor.
                                so stock looking....yet under the hood, sooooo sexay! I plan on doing the same swap with a few bolt-ons....with that, weight reduction, and good suspension, the sc can be a hell of a car

Comment

Working...
                                X